PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2009, 01:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

icam68 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to icam68
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense UI aka Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.1 | 21870 / 23504 | 11/12/0

I'm still unable to get Windows Live Mail to work on 21870. I have disabled Sense and tried it from the Windows Mobile platform, but it never gets past the login screen. From my observation, this problem seems to be resident only in the 21870 ROM, as I have never experienced this problem on any of the 23504 builds. Thanks for all your hard work!
Old 11-20-2009, 01:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

xraytech8704 is keeping up the good workxraytech8704 is keeping up the good work
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense UI aka Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.1 | 21870 / 23504 | 11/12/0

when i press down on the volume control it only show the volume.is the volume system control combine with the volume control now? 21870 V5.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:42 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by icam68 View Post
I'm still unable to get Windows Live Mail to work on 21870. I have disabled Sense and tried it from the Windows Mobile platform, but it never gets past the login screen. From my observation, this problem seems to be resident only in the 21870 ROM, as I have never experienced this problem on any of the 23504 builds. Thanks for all your hard work!
same thing. its really hit or miss with live for me lately. sometimes it works and hotmail is present the email tab and messenger works. sometimes it sets up but doesnt show up in mail tab but messenger works. and many times it wont set up at all. this is prevalent on many roms and sys I have tried recently. I think it will get worked out soon enough.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
personally, I like HTC and worse case would use arcsoft for MMS....I dont want to remove HTC client.

Ultimately, I want to get MMS fully functioning through HTC client.....we're getting closer.
Agreed we are, but wanted to know for my roms. Didn't mean you removing it from your rom ... there was a post in the kitchen thread on how to do this, can you confirm for me?

Edit: nevermind, tried it and it worked pretty much like i was wanting it to except for when you press the text in the messaging tab, it tries to open up the htc messaging (which of course is not present). All the other functions, like menu/reply, fwd, etc.. open up the WinMo client. Do you think the actual pressing of the text and launching the client is hard coded and not changeable or do you think it's in a reg or an xml somewhere?

Edit #2: Nevermind all this... it also breaks some stuff in the fav tab like sending a text from there instead of elsewhere so I'll stick with what we have and keep working on the picmail issue. Off to cull through the sprint picmail cab to see if i can find some settings in there although I'm guessing not since it uses a viriant of email rather than text but will see.

Quote:

yes, location is working better than ever....my weather keeps auto updating.
Just an update, whatever you did to location it is working great, I drove all over town this morning and it updated in 6 different cities.... only thing it still won't do is initiate a data connection on it's own, must have an active one already to work. If you do the reg hack to disable location, the weather itself will initiate a data connection, but breaks when using location. Do you think this is a reg permission somewhere or hard coded into the manila exe?

Quote:

have not seen the fav issue
It is very intermittent depending on how many favs you have and which location you put them in. In that screen shot i posted, if I remove "Trey" it goes back to normal. So if you don't have them all full or only certain ones it seems to come and go... very weird. Also in messing with it I noticed that i can sometimes clear the blank, white ares by hitting remove and then done w/o actually removing a fav... sometimes works, sometimes not, and sometimes comes back... like I said, very wierd... guess I could just fill them all up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icam68 View Post
Same issue here on 21870

Last edited by Vancer; 11-20-2009 at 03:03 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

elmariachi is keeping up the good workelmariachi is keeping up the good work

Will there be a 23504 V1.5 uploaded today? =)
Old 11-20-2009, 02:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Reliance India

gadgetcrazy is just getting started

I too am waiting for it.
Old 11-20-2009, 03:06 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
OMJ, have you updated with the newest release of 2.5 over at XDA?
I saw the latest Home pkg but havent grabbed it yet....I didnt see much difference.

thx...I did a clear storage/hard reset & now it's ringing/vibrating just fine, I was about to loose it, lol.....I flash so much, I dont usually hard reset, but I guess this is a good example when goofy things are happening to give hard reset a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnicronx View Post
But can you use the default rings? Like say innovation? I can select custom ringtones I made and a few alerts, but other than that I get the corrupt error when I try to select almost any default ringtone.
I just changed to Innovation, made a test call, rang & vibrated just fine......how are you changing the ringtone? I am changing via HTC Settings page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraytech8704 View Post
when i press down on the volume control it only show the volume.is the volume system control combine with the volume control now? 21870 V5.
in htc settings u can change it to be independent or together

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
Agreed we are, but wanted to know for my roms. Didn't mean you removing it from your rom ... there was a post in the kitchen thread on how to do this, can you confirm for me?

Edit: nevermind, tried it and it worked pretty much like i was wanting it to except for when you press the text in the messaging tab, it tries to open up the htc messaging (which of course is not present). All the other functions, like menu/reply, fwd, etc.. open up the WinMo client. Do you think the actual pressing of the text and launching the client is hard coded and not changeable or do you think it's in a reg or an xml somewhere?

Just an update, whatever you did to location it is working great, I drove all over town this morning and it updated in 6 different cities.... only thing it still won't do is initiate a data connection on it's own, must have an active one already to work. If you do the reg hack to disable location, the weather itself will initiate a data connection, but breaks when using location. Do you think this is a reg permission somewhere or hard coded into the manila exe?
the sms function may be hardcoded....I'm not sure about the data connection

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmariachi View Post
Will there be a 23504 V1.5 uploaded today? =)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetcrazy View Post
I too am waiting for it.

yeah, I was planning on it, but needed to make sure 21870 was working right 1st.....I didnt want 2 broken roms, lol.......it seems to me that 21870 is working good, so I'll update the 23504 rom now. oh, but 1st I need to check the latest ported updates.....look for one tonight

*EDIT* I'll probably update 21870 one more time (1.5 recooked) w/ the latest updates, tonight

Last edited by OMJ; 11-20-2009 at 03:29 PM.
Old 11-20-2009, 03:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

xraytech8704 is keeping up the good workxraytech8704 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
I saw the latest Home pkg but havent grabbed it yet....I didnt see much difference.

thx...I did a clear storage/hard reset & now it's ringing/vibrating just fine, I was about to loose it, lol.....I flash so much, I dont usually hard reset, but I guess this is a good example when goofy things are happening to give hard reset a try.

I just changed to Innovation, made a test call, rang & vibrated just fine......how are you changing the ringtone? I am changing via HTC Settings page.

in htc settings u can change it to be independent or together

the sms function may be hardcoded....I'm not sure about the data connection

yeah, I was planning on it, but needed to make sure 21870 was working right 1st.....I didnt want 2 broken roms, lol.......it seems to me that 21870 is working good, so I'll update the 23504 rom now. oh, but 1st I need to check the latest ported updates.....look for one tonight

*EDIT* I'll probably update 21870 one more time (1.5 recooked) w/ the latest updates, tonight
thanks

will be wailting for the 21870 V5 update. just curious i been update my phone with the update 21870 many times. is there any effect on my phones health?
Old 11-20-2009, 03:59 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraytech8704 View Post
thanks

will be wailting for the 21870 V5 update. just curious i been update my phone with the update 21870 many times. is there any effect on my phones health?
Some phones have been known to contract epilepsy. Dont worry, just roll it onto its side so it doesnt swallow its tongue.

Im kidding, flashing alot will not hurt your phone.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 11-20-2009, 04:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Bell

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff

Quote:

There really is no difference other than the up and down indicators for the quicklaunch icons.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development