PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2010, 11:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 1/10

Quote:
BTW: there's seems to be a problem with the people tab. Half the time the small icons at the bottom right part of the picture are blank, just a white square. And sometimes the whole people Shortcut just show a blank white square...
Seems to be a manila issue.. Its happened to me throughout the 1920+ builds. It happens when your first contact (top left) is selected with the full details (i.e when you press it goes to all call options).. Don't ask me why.. If your first contact is a direct number (i.e you pick a cell phone number on one press) then it doesnt do it.. I've tried a number of things to fix it (first thought it may have something to do with CFC'd manila) and couldnt figure it out.. but I find my solution acceptable, just choose one contact (say a home number that doesnt have any other call options anyways) for the top left and set your other contacts normally (i.e you can choose full details for all others) .

Check to see if this is the same for you..
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

gripen40k is a n00b
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 1/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
my rom already has the below fix....I am not seeing 2016 on my texts

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\SMS]
"RecvTimeStamp"=dword:00000001
I was using your latest kitchen and it doesn't have that fix, but I've seen some posts that suggest it's being corrected via carrier settings? Anyways, I'm making a custom rom so I just added it in manually. Actually, now that I think about it I could be overwriting the registry when I install my carrier cab after-the-fact (telus).

Your rom is really nice btw, it offers pretty much exactly what I'm looking for. I'm new to this whole kitchen thing but I'm learning really quick (it's quiet here at the office so I have nothing better to do )
Old 01-14-2010, 12:36 PM
VIP Member
Carrier: Sprint

O.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamW View Post
I haven't tried OMJ's ROM yet (will do soon I think as my previous fave, Gadget, seems dead) but I noticed this problem on other ROMs and found a tweak that fixes it:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=69185

it's in that long list. Search for 'disconnect network when idle for 1 min timeout'. Works great for me, noticeable improvement in battery life.

First, thanks for link. Will give it a try.

Also, was a former Gadget user but wanted to try the new sense 2.5 and wanted to have ability to cook my own roms so migrated to OMJ. Have been really glad I did. I run a very clean 21887-based titanium rom cooked in OMJ's kitchen with SPB's gui on top and then I cab install other stuff like PIMBackup, Opera, CleanRAM, etc. to minimize reflashing and to easily keep up with latest releases. OMJ is also very responsive to questions and suggestions and provides timely updates to his kitchen and roms. In other words, "Come in and try it. The water is great."
Old 01-14-2010, 12:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond CDMA
Carrier: Movilnet

ronclone is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnicronx View Post
Seems to be a manila issue.. Its happened to me throughout the 1920+ builds. It happens when your first contact (top left) is selected with the full details (i.e when you press it goes to all call options).. Don't ask me why.. If your first contact is a direct number (i.e you pick a cell phone number on one press) then it doesnt do it.. I've tried a number of things to fix it (first thought it may have something to do with CFC'd manila) and couldnt figure it out.. but I find my solution acceptable, just choose one contact (say a home number that doesnt have any other call options anyways) for the top left and set your other contacts normally (i.e you can choose full details for all others) .

Check to see if this is the same for you..
Thanks man, that seems to solve the problem... it's a weird issue if you ask me...
Old 01-14-2010, 12:50 PM
VIP Member

O.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
I haven't tried OMJ's ROM yet (will do soon I think as my previous fave, Gadget, seems dead) but I noticed this problem on other ROMs and found a tweak that fixes it:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=69185

it's in that long list. Search for 'disconnect network when idle for 1 min timeout'. Works great for me, noticeable improvement in battery life.

Hmmm? My CacheTime was set to 15 and it still doesn't disconnect automatically.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

AdamW is becoming a great contributor

oat: well, all I can say is it worked for me on Gadget. Did you copy the big long SuspendResume stanza too?
Old 01-14-2010, 02:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

vansmack is keeping up the good workvansmack is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansmack View Post
I'm pretty sure it's a locker issue in combination with charging. It only happens when phone is charging over night, and only when I have Manilla locker enabled.

I'll test it again for the next couple days by turning off the locker and restarting the phone before I do the overnight charge and see if it locks up even once (which it hasn't done previously). It only seems to lock up when ML is enabled.
Two nights in a row now that I didn't use the manilla locker and the phone did not freeze overnight while charging. I'm almost 95% sure now that this is a manilla locker issue. I'll turn it back on and see if it freezes tonight.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:27 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
oat: well, all I can say is it worked for me on Gadget. Did you copy the big long SuspendResume stanza too?

No, I didn't. I read that was for disconnecting from data when you get a call. Don't think I really want to do that.

Last edited by O.a.T.; 01-14-2010 at 03:13 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

AdamW is becoming a great contributor

oat: okay, well, never mind

I flashed to OMJ (6.5.3 / Sense 2.5) now. Seems very nice so far, great work - thanks. I'm missing the programs tab but I'll live without
Old 01-14-2010, 03:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

litlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stuff

Quote:
oat: okay, well, never mind

I flashed to OMJ (6.5.3 / Sense 2.5) now. Seems very nice so far, great work - thanks. I'm missing the programs tab but I'll live without

There is no programs tab on 6.5.3.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development