PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2010, 08:36 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 1/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronclone View Post
I actually saw that in a youtube video made by pocketnowvideo named "HTC HD2 Sense UI Tour" (/watch?v=J5o6tj7yFBQ) @ 8:15.

He just enter the photo album from the photos & videos tab, and click albums again. it's better if you see it...

BTW: there's seems to be a problem with the people tab. Half the time the small icons at the bottom right part of the picture are blank, just a white square. And sometimes the whole people Shortcut just show a blank white square...
I watched that youtube video, that looks pretty cool. I'm not sure which version of album that is but I thought 3.2 was the latest. I'll see what I can find out.

as far as the people tab....I have not seen that happen. I have 6 contacts saved as favs, all the pix are always there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacy View Post
Here's a workaround for 2016 Issue, it's already been tested by Sci.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\SMS]
"RecvTimeStamp"=dword:00000001

The other option for 2.5.1922 native HTC Messaging users -
Software\Jataayu\Messaging\SMS\UseSystemTimeAsRecv Time dword:1

Attached is a CAB with both registry edits in it.

Thanks and credit go to Scientific / Ziggy.

Best to all,
R
my rom already has the below fix....I am not seeing 2016 on my texts

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\SMS]
"RecvTimeStamp"=dword:00000001
Old 01-13-2010, 10:00 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 1/10

According to Amarullz, this is caused by manila locker. attached is the fix he posted. extract the manila file to windows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQuill View Post
OMJ...

Manila Sub navigation wallpaper bugs...

Figured I'd post good pictures so you can see it clearly.

I'm on your
Sense 2.5 | 6.5.3 | 28014 | v1.4 , both of these pics are from today ( 01/11/2010 ) and happened randomly when I was doing different things. Restarting manila fixes it and it reverts to the normal white background, but it happens often enough where it's annoying to do that every time. Happened at about 11 am and I restarted manila then it happened again at about 2:00.

Great battery life though I can't say enough about it. I was browsing the web (via opera, different apps, and through manila facebook), listening to music, sending e-mails, and sending and receiving calls between 11:30 and 2:00 which is why the battery went down so much between the two screen shots, but that was from HEAVY use, I pretty much used everything on the phone all at once except for the GPS. Good talk time, and standby time is amazing.

It happens in every sub menu like the music browser and contact card pictured above, but also in call history and others.

It doesn't happen all the time just occasionally, it's too random for me to be able to tell you what triggers it so sorry for not being able to provide more detail, but it will be perfect one minute and then look like the next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronclone View Post
This is the facebook tab i was talking about:

sounds like the FaceBook tab wont work on VGA.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:10 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

hey JQuill, what taskbar are you using in your sshots. looks very nice

Old 01-13-2010, 11:18 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

finally found the correct reg setting for Opera to auto-rotate:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\HTCSENSOR\GSensor\W hiteList]
"Opera Mobile 10"="OM10-ML-MainWndClass"
Old 01-14-2010, 01:10 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

mshnayde is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I think that I finally figured out why my battery life is poor . the internet connection stays on and doesn't turn off by itself .
can someone confirm this ? if it's part of the sys or is there a bill cab that can be installed ?
Old 01-14-2010, 01:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

O.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshnayde View Post
I think that I finally figured out why my battery life is poor . the internet connection stays on and doesn't turn off by itself .
can someone confirm this ? if it's part of the sys or is there a bill cab that can be installed ?

Yes, can confirm that your data connection is turned on when you go to the internet and does not turn off by itself. Data is also turned on for example when syncing and again does not turn off automatically.

Last edited by O.a.T.; 01-14-2010 at 12:38 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch

talldaddy is a n00b

OMJ, good to see you again. Used your ROMs on my Touch. Have a 2 day old diamond and a noob question. When flashing your ROM, do I need to unlock my phone or just HARDSPL??

Also, would you provide a "loaded" ROM with your selection of apps and games included...
Old 01-14-2010, 11:04 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by talldaddy View Post
OMJ, good to see you again. Used your ROMs on my Touch. Have a 2 day old diamond and a noob question. When flashing your ROM, do I need to unlock my phone or just HARDSPL??

Also, would you provide a "loaded" ROM with your selection of apps and games included...
Use the Sprint Unlocker found in the "how to flash..." thread.

I would suggest you download the kitchen, it is VERY easy to use, you just load up one of his templates then add all the programs/games you want.

But the smart thing to do is have all your games/apps stored on your internal storage, because the device memory (where the ROM flashes) is very limited in space, and you want to just use that space for system items that have to be there, like keyboards, titanium and manila tweaks, program data, etc...

so I would just browse thru the forums for all the games and apps you like, install to internal storage, then they will still be there any time you flash a new ROM. Just be sure to back up the program file data they might use on the device. for instance, I play SPB brain evolution 2 all the time and I have to back up the small program data file it saves every time I flash a new rom so I don't lose my game data.

For that reason OMJ doesn't seem to like to include too much unnecessary stuff that takes up space in his ROMs. Manila already takes up enough space as it is.

Cooking your own ROM has other advantages, for instance, putting in only the exact keyboards you like. I hate finger keyboard and EZinput 2.1 (which most chefs use) so I have to cook my roms wtih EZinput 1.5 to insure better input.

You probably want to download the visual kitchen from the OMJ Kitchen thread, we will help you with any questions you run across and get your perfect ROM up. Or just keep using OMJ's roms, but have all your apps/games on your internal storage.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

AdamW is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.a.T. View Post
Yes, can confirm that your data connection is turned on when you go to the internet and does not turn off by itself. Data is also turned for example when syncing and again does not turn off automatically.
I haven't tried OMJ's ROM yet (will do soon I think as my previous fave, Gadget, seems dead) but I noticed this problem on other ROMs and found a tweak that fixes it:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=69185

it's in that long list. Search for 'disconnect network when idle for 1 min timeout'. Works great for me, noticeable improvement in battery life.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:14 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamW View Post
I haven't tried OMJ's ROM yet (will do soon I think as my previous fave, Gadget, seems dead)
go for it, you will not be disappointed

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development