View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 11:04 AM
orangekid
Awesomenss :)

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 1/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by talldaddy View Post
OMJ, good to see you again. Used your ROMs on my Touch. Have a 2 day old diamond and a noob question. When flashing your ROM, do I need to unlock my phone or just HARDSPL??

Also, would you provide a "loaded" ROM with your selection of apps and games included...
Use the Sprint Unlocker found in the "how to flash..." thread.

I would suggest you download the kitchen, it is VERY easy to use, you just load up one of his templates then add all the programs/games you want.

But the smart thing to do is have all your games/apps stored on your internal storage, because the device memory (where the ROM flashes) is very limited in space, and you want to just use that space for system items that have to be there, like keyboards, titanium and manila tweaks, program data, etc...

so I would just browse thru the forums for all the games and apps you like, install to internal storage, then they will still be there any time you flash a new ROM. Just be sure to back up the program file data they might use on the device. for instance, I play SPB brain evolution 2 all the time and I have to back up the small program data file it saves every time I flash a new rom so I don't lose my game data.

For that reason OMJ doesn't seem to like to include too much unnecessary stuff that takes up space in his ROMs. Manila already takes up enough space as it is.

Cooking your own ROM has other advantages, for instance, putting in only the exact keyboards you like. I hate finger keyboard and EZinput 2.1 (which most chefs use) so I have to cook my roms wtih EZinput 1.5 to insure better input.

You probably want to download the visual kitchen from the OMJ Kitchen thread, we will help you with any questions you run across and get your perfect ROM up. Or just keep using OMJ's roms, but have all your apps/games on your internal storage.
This post has been thanked 1 times.