PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2009, 10:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

masterpero is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to masterpero
Re: |V|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMDColeslaw View Post
I have a pretty good/stable version working now. I removed a lot of the unneeded stuff and after flashing I have 47mb free and after setup and customization I have 37mb. Not bad. Account manager and SMS are both working as well. If anyones interested I can make a list of what I removed, or if its ok with NRG I can just upload and share the edited version. But I'm not doing that till NRG says its ok.

EDIT: Here's the list of what I removed.
Attachment 47660
hey whats up man, where can i download or get your version of nrgs rom with all the stuff taken out, love this rom but usless without no room to install certain things you need, if you were able to quickly remove somethings an it still working the same, then im sure he can too, so if you can help me get the file i appreciate that, send me a pm or something thanks.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero & Touch Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

PMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: |V|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyapd21 View Post
I read your change log but I'm a little confused. Do I just download the rom and flash normally or do I have to change something? Just curious. Thanks.

I can't wait till NRG's lite version.
Yep just DL and flash, It's ready to go!

PMD ROMz - Please hit the Thanks button if I've helped you!
Old 11-07-2009, 11:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2

billyapd21 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMDColeslaw View Post
Yep just DL and flash, It's ready to go!
do you know if windows live or hotmail works on your lite version. I have to email to work. how about SMS?
Old 11-08-2009, 12:27 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Evo 4G

abjc89 is a n00b

Really nice looking rom, but i think my SMS aren't going out.
Old 11-08-2009, 01:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

Draiko is keeping up the good workDraiko is keeping up the good work

Yeah, lack of space is a huge problem on the Nov 5th... Still working through it. Had to delete a few things in order to keep using it.

Sense UI is a but sluggish when rotating in the pictures tab and music tab. This is probably killing the MSM SOC in my diamond!

Still stable so far!
Old 11-08-2009, 03:09 AM
ksj
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

ksj is keeping up the good workksj is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterpero View Post
hey whats up man, where can i download or get your version of nrgs rom with all the stuff taken out, love this rom but usless without no room to install certain things you need, if you were able to quickly remove somethings an it still working the same, then im sure he can too, so if you can help me get the file i appreciate that, send me a pm or something thanks.
Wow. Really? You're joking, right? He said it five posts after that. Try reading. It's a pretty cool thing.
Old 11-08-2009, 04:23 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

PMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyapd21 View Post
do you know if windows live or hotmail works on your lite version. I have to email to work. how about SMS?
I removed the windows live app cause I dont use it, so I cant say but exchange mail and imap mail are both working and the SMS is too,
Old 11-08-2009, 04:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draiko View Post
Yeah, lack of space is a huge problem on the Nov 5th... Still working through it. Had to delete a few things in order to keep using it.

Sense UI is a but sluggish when rotating in the pictures tab and music tab. This is probably killing the MSM SOC in my diamond!

Still stable so far!
lol you said but sluggish... Try my lite version if you want. (47mb free after flash) There's a link in the comments on my ppcg profile.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

erickbryce is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to erickbryce

Ok, WARNING LONG Post but hopefully close to definitive. If I forgot something please chime in.
Ok, so here’s my 2 cents also : ) after having success with boosting storage memory (kind of missing the old memory slider model from early versions of WinMo right now).
So using HTCrie App posted earlier in this thread, delete the usual suspects as many here have suggested:
Opera
OperaL

Widgets

Themes (*.tsk) files (other than the ones you want to keep). Look out for “Classic Blue*” as these are image files associated with the theme, same for NRG themes, although his are the best. Not a lot of space they’re taking up, but we are nickel & dimeing here.

Any Apps that will run from Storage that you don’t want or need in main memory, just use the Copy Export feature in HTCrie to save them on your desktop then manually create folders, and copy them over to your device Internal Storage Programs Folder after Flash. Then just create shortcuts to them in Windows\Start Menu\Programs. You can do this with almost every .exe that’s a stand-alone .exe (no dependencies system side). I chose to move:
Bing (called live search)
Google Maps
Jbed
JiveTalk (I already had Palringo, which I love on Storage just needed the shortcut after flash)
PIMBackUp
RSS Hub
Rotate Screen
Total Commander (app called CEMD, move just the app and delete the .MUI file, be careful because the naming convention CE is the core WinCE that WinMo is based on…just to be safe)
Widgets
WiFi Monster

Also depending on how thoroughly you do this, you may have some misc elements from stuff you moved (or didn’t in this case) installed to the device level Program Files folder. You may want to move the misc to their respective folders you moved their counter parts to.
Delete anything you don’t or won’t use; no sense in moving them to storage if you don’t use them. As suggested already, audio files take up space, so kill the ones you don’t need or deleted them for the space and loose the space later with a manual move back.

A couple new suggestions that haven’t been posted yet, just to squeeze blood out of a turnip:
Anything GSM related you can delete, as our devices are not international devices, just taking up space, image files GSM, Edge, & SIM related, and apps if your know what they are. You could also take out WiMax images, yup that’s right the Leo package has these in there, does this make any of you happy : ) it’s very suggestive as only one US carrier is making this their 4G platform. I pointed this out when the packages first became available, but nobody wanted to news about it. Also I just remembered I deleted the MyFav stuff that was in there complete with the magenta circle image files. So which one will get it first, probably T-Mo. Also many other carries are now requesting this device after much of the recent promotion and anticipation of the device.

Move AdobeLE to storage will give you 2 more megs. (I know I’m embarrassed to be excited about 2MB, it’s not the 80’s…) After your will have to use Total Commander to change the file association for .pdf so that clicking on a PDF will launch the App from Storage. This is easy to do by tap and hold on a pdf, choose properties, and then associations tab. Choose to navigate to the location of the exe on storage and there you go. No need to dig through the top Registry folder to assign icons and paths.

I kept Facebook because installing it to storage is worth a little space but unless something has changed in the new version, it still plops the vol file on your device root and that’s where all the FB stuff fills up and chunks away at memory anyway, so didn’t see too much value in that removal since I use it.

Move MP3 Trimmer and images over to storage (note if you don’t know how to find everything associated to it, just leave it or deleted it)

Delete NaviPannel and related Navi files. This is the Leo navigation panel that launches once in car kit mode they sell. This app ONLY (for now) works with TomTom7 Euro and about all you can do with it is have a big finger friendly shortcuts to favorites & dialer, not really a keeper given its limited application. There is a VGA port avail, but doesn’t do U.S. any good until it can be fixed to use Navigation software of choice.

Delete Opera standard_skin.zip and misc Opera 9.5 stuff (again only if you know how to tell the difference, otherwise just kill the Opera files not labeled 9.7, Opera, OperaL, Opera shortcut, standard_skin.zip (this one is for 9.5 the other for 9.7).

After you’ve gotten rid of Opera 9.5 you might like to be able to use 9.7 with HTCSense Internet Tab (don’t worry it’s easier than editing manila files) just move from the Opera9 folder Opera.exe & OperaL.exe in Windows\Opera9 to just Windows\ (after flashing). Now by doing this you just broke the 9.7 shortcut in Start Menu so you have to navigate to it with Total Commander to Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Internet and tap and hold on the 9.7 icon, choose properties, uncheck read only, then edit the shortcut target to read “Windows\OperaL.exe” then everything will work fine and no need for Opera 9.5 just for the TouchFlo (excuse me H.T.C. Sense) Internet tab.

Couple tips:

Put a good copy of your shipped .nbf file in the top level of your internal storage, that way if you accidently delete something that has dependencies and things go bad you can flash back to stock from internal storage and try again. Real example: first attempt was minimal removal started playing with backgrounds. Once HTCAlbum starts cataloging images, so goes some of that precious memory to the point that plugging it into the PC wouldn’t let the RUU to get a response from the device. No problem just flashed form internal. There’s a tutorial of how to do this in this forum. I could have also just hard reset, but that would have been an extra step

If you’re new to this stay away from .dll and .htm and maybe .xml unless you what you are doing and know their dependencies. If you do for sure, then you can squeeze a few more drops out from a few of these.

You might as well delete Windows Live for Mobile stuff and MyPhone stuff, as you will have to reinstall newer versions of them (MyPhone) or install to make it work (WLM), anyway. You might as well have the space out the door, verses files that in some cases don’t overwrite the ROM image files.

Which brings me to my last suggestion, if you’re more on the “I’ve cooked before” side of things you can go ahead and delete everything (not literally) App / File wise (it should go without saying nothing that it requires system wise), even stuff you do use and move it back where it belongs after a flash. This way you have the option of deleting stuff that would normally require a re-flash to change. Warning, you may have to imitate a few things if they don’t work, but most Apps should be fine that are not system.

I’m not going to say how much I have, ‘cuz I don’t want to inspire any ROM butchering or DYI patient table flat-lining. Even though I said “Put a good Shipped NBF on your I.S. before your start” it’s inevitable someone will say in a really bummed voice “I know you said to blah, blah, but now I’m Scr*wed, so what’d I do…” My answer will be, rip the LCD out and embed it into your cars dashboard as a touch interface weekend project , but seriously most bad flashes can be gotten out …of unless you kill all the paths to get a flash on it.

Side note, who else would like a big screen (even if hinge mounted) that when you got in your car would Bluetooth your devices screen over to it for easier viewing (think Redfly for Cars, but with remote touch instruction over Bluetooth)? Anyone want to partner with me on making this into a real product? I’m ready to butcher my Redfly

Last, last…, derailment : ) To: NRG, I’ve been doing this stuff a long time, been on boards back when XDA referred to a device more than a forum, and even built and supported my own ROM’s. And I have to say my friend out of the whole experience and trying MANY of my own, and MANY of other’s, your ROM’s are truly something special, truly great. You should head over to the MS job listing, WinMo needs all the help it can get over the next two builds, if 8 doesn’t turn out to be a new branch of devices all together, with WinMo out sourced to distributor license region model, …but far be it from me to make such speculation

Happy Flashing!….

Last edited by erickbryce; 11-08-2009 at 09:10 AM.
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint htc Touch Diamond

itsme_dougp is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 6.0; en) Opera 9.5)

I dont have a send button in the Twitter app. Can compose a tweet but cant send it. Am I missing something?
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development