PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2009, 06:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

cesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to cesium Send a message via MSN to cesium
Re: |V|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

I still don't understand the point of footprints lol
Old 11-05-2009, 07:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero!!!
Carrier: Sprint

mconig78 is becoming a great contributor
Re: |V|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

i really think it is a waste of space it might be cool to be able to prove to someone you were there at that location. I dont know really why you would need exact gps coordinates for something you take a picture of. Maybe military or for some other uses but normal everyday.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

cesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuff

oh so its a geotagging thing then. hm ya i couldnt care less lol
Old 11-05-2009, 07:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero!!!

mconig78 is becoming a great contributor

Yea I think if you click on the picture it pulls up the location of it and you can go to it I think using google maps. Its kinda cool if you go to someplace take a picture of it and then a few years from now ask where the place is and it will find it. But its pretty much pointless in my mind. takes up space I would rather have a facebook tab like the twitter tab. Maybe there is one already that I havent found yet. I know there is one for titanium but I hate that. I have liked manilla since the start
Old 11-05-2009, 07:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by mconig78 View Post
Yea I think if you click on the picture it pulls up the location of it and you can go to it I think using google maps. Its kinda cool if you go to someplace take a picture of it and then a few years from now ask where the place is and it will find it. But its pretty much pointless in my mind. takes up space I would rather have a facebook tab like the twitter tab. Maybe there is one already that I havent found yet. I know there is one for titanium but I hate that. I have liked manilla since the start
I'm with you there! I could see geotagging useful with a real camera, but not so much with our lousy phone camera.

I swear there was a facebook tab somewhere
EDIT: oops nvm lol that's the one integrated into the contacts
Old 11-05-2009, 07:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

lazyboy0172 is keeping up the good worklazyboy0172 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to lazyboy0172 Send a message via MSN to lazyboy0172

okay after playing i have 3 things:
1. my custom sip doesn't work on the manila message tab. When i use touchpal to text, and tap where it says to compose, i get a blank white screen aside from touchpal, and typing doesn't produce any text. Switching back to Touch Input does fis the problem, however.
2. my phone's signal is weak, and my phone settings say GSM. Did I miss a fix cab somewhere for sprint, or is that a fault of the rom?
3. facebook integration seems spotty at best, broken at worst. when logging into facebook from manila i got multiple errors, when i finally got logged in, it says updating and claims it is updated, but no events are displayed nor do any of my contacts pictures update.

very usable though and i do plan on keeping this rom as my main rom, pending battery life. Thank you NRG for your continued support of VGA users
Old 11-05-2009, 08:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyboy0172 View Post
okay after playing i have 3 things:
1. my custom sip doesn't work on the manila message tab. When i use touchpal to text, and tap where it says to compose, i get a blank white screen aside from touchpal, and typing doesn't produce any text. Switching back to Touch Input does fis the problem, however.
2. my phone's signal is weak, and my phone settings say GSM. Did I miss a fix cab somewhere for sprint, or is that a fault of the rom?
3. facebook integration seems spotty at best, broken at worst. when logging into facebook from manila i got multiple errors, when i finally got logged in, it says updating and claims it is updated, but no events are displayed nor do any of my contacts pictures update.

very usable though and i do plan on keeping this rom as my main rom, pending battery life. Thank you NRG for your continued support of VGA users
1. can't answer since I use stock SIP
2. my signal is fine but it does say GSM. not sure exactly why, but doesn't seem to affect me at least
3. same here

and ya, this ROM works really nicely after I removed all the stuff. I still have ~25mb of space after installing all my apps + opera + google maps.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2

billyapd21 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I'm hoping the next update will be more usable. I'm going to wait for now. any word on the ringer not working?
Old 11-05-2009, 09:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint/HTC EVO 4G

rizzomach is keeping up the good workrizzomach is keeping up the good work

memory nis still not right

40 total only 8mb free whats up with that?
Old 11-05-2009, 09:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

bigblue is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyapd21 View Post
I'm hoping the next update will be more usable. I'm going to wait for now. any word on the ringer not working?

Ringer now is working, but constantly getting Error about not enough Memory...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development