PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2009, 11:29 PM
ksj
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

ksj is keeping up the good workksj is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |V|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by damienjp View Post
Very nice... only issue that is killing me right now is my phone isn't ringing when somebody calls... I checked the volume, changed ringtones, etc and nothing
You did the flash dance, right?
Old 11-04-2009, 11:31 PM
ksj
PPCGeeks Regular

Re: |V|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
yeah thats the program... the other ones are really way off....
anyway, if u guys end up erasing cabs, don't forget to modify "config.txt"
just save the file from the program, erase it in the program, make sure u uncheck the "read only" from the file, edit it, save, and in the program theres a button to add a file... so add it back.
good luck.
Hahaha. Yeah. I was trying to send it before I left for school, and didn't have my computer, so I couldn't check. Had to post from my phone (not a fun experience...).
Old 11-04-2009, 11:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

bigblue is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by damienjp View Post
Very nice... only issue that is killing me right now is my phone isn't ringing when somebody calls... I checked the volume, changed ringtones, etc and nothing
I am also having the same problem...
Old 11-04-2009, 11:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verizon Imagio
Carrier: Alltel

o2l8 is a n00b

Just a reminder for memory problems, browse to opera.cab in your windows folder and click on it. it will uninstall opera and then you can choose to install it to internal memory.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:08 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

cesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to cesium Send a message via MSN to cesium

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketosneeze View Post
Ok. I was WAY off. It's called htcRIE(ROM Image Editor). It's pretty simple. Essentially lets you extract, add, and delete things straight from the ROM, before you flash it. I hope it helps.
Thanks! Got rid of 12mb of stuff, time to see if it boots

EDIT: aaand it never finishes/starts the customization. dunno why. i edited config.xml and initflashes.dat to remove references to the widgets n stuff i removed. didnt get rid of anything else essential

Last edited by cesium; 11-05-2009 at 12:24 AM.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:31 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

AngryCPA is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketosneeze View Post
I doubt the lag will be in the 2.5 ROM, because Manila is made of completely new packages. We'll see about the camera stuff, though I think it'll be the same deal as the lag. People are already solving some of the bugs in the latest beta ROM, so I think we'll get a ROM that's probably as close to perfect as our devices are capable of.
Ha! I think that is the key phrase! Im liking this ROM so far, just converted after being on Mighty4 final for the last few months. I was initially turned off because of how unstable the early 6.5 builds were, but this one is absolutely awesome except for the few minor issues noted above.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:33 AM
ksj
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesium View Post
Thanks! Got rid of 12mb of stuff, time to see if it boots

EDIT: aaand it never finishes/starts the customization. dunno why. i edited config.xml and initflashes.dat to remove references to the widgets n stuff i removed. didnt get rid of anything else essential
Hm. So, do the customizations ever start? Or does it just pause somewhere during? Or does it just reset? Let's see if we can get this solved. Anyone else with this problem/more know-how about customization files?
Old 11-05-2009, 12:37 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

cesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuff

They don't start at all. I loaded up teh ROM without removing anything to make sure it worked fine, so I might just remove a few things like widgets and alerts/ringtones only.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:39 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by o2l8 View Post
Just a reminder for memory problems, browse to opera.cab in your windows folder and click on it. it will uninstall opera and then you can choose to install it to internal memory.
I don't see it :-/
Old 11-05-2009, 12:46 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC ONE
Carrier: Ting

Mystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesium View Post
I don't see it :-/
Actually I think he didn't installed Opera as a cab this time, he must of included it as an OEM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development