PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2009, 12:51 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

cesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to cesium Send a message via MSN to cesium
Re: |V|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
Actually I think he didn't installed Opera as a cab this time, he must of included it as an OEM.
Yeah. I'm not sure why he included both 9.5 and 9.7 especially since neither are uninstallable :-/
Old 11-05-2009, 01:06 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: |V|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesium View Post
Thanks! Got rid of 12mb of stuff, time to see if it boots

EDIT: aaand it never finishes/starts the customization. dunno why. i edited config.xml and initflashes.dat to remove references to the widgets n stuff i removed. didnt get rid of anything else essential
dude... u need to edit config.txt not .xml
u need to erase the lines containing the cab's that u deleted...
btw, if u erase widgets u should probably erase the line with xml in it also.
and if u erase any other files like programs and such, i would strongly recommend to clean the registry after flash.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:15 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

cesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuff

Yeah taht was a typo on my part. I meant provxml. There was nothing for me to edit in config.txt anyways, as I did not remove any cabs.

I have ~11mb of free storage after removing the widgets and most ringtones. Still trying to figure out how to remove only Opera 9.5 :-/
Old 11-05-2009, 01:19 AM
ksj
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

ksj is keeping up the good workksj is keeping up the good work

Just out of curiosity, how much available memory is usually there after flashing a non-2.5 ROM?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:20 AM
ksj
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Yeah taht was a typo on my part. I meant provxml. There was nothing for me to edit in config.txt anyways, as I did not remove any cabs.

I have ~11mb of free storage after removing the widgets and most ringtones. Still trying to figure out how to remove only Opera 9.5 :-/
What were you deleting before? Also, maybe you could look in a kitchen to see what files are in the Opera EXT/OEM? Then you could look for those specific files. I don't know if that will work, just a thought.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro

pikach is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
one more thing, i add Hebrew to my phone and i guess it doesnt work with 2.5, so for everyone who wants unicode... it might not work right.
Where can I get hebrew for wm6.5?
Old 11-05-2009, 01:30 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketosneeze View Post
What were you deleting before? Also, maybe you could look in a kitchen to see what files are in the Opera EXT/OEM? Then you could look for those specific files. I don't know if that will work, just a thought.
Before, I had also deleted beejiveim, facebook, and twitter. I removed all references to those programs in initflashes.dat.

I don't think I can remove just one Opera, since they seem to share some files. Oh well.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:39 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Telus

garreTT008 is a n00b

How will I be able to free up memory?

Also my PIM backup didn't work... Anyone know why this is?
Old 11-05-2009, 01:42 AM
ksj
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Before, I had also deleted beejiveim, facebook, and twitter. I removed all references to those programs in initflashes.dat.

I don't think I can remove just one Opera, since they seem to share some files. Oh well.
Try deleting just the opera9.exe, and leave the files. They probably aren't even big enough to make much of a dent.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:49 AM
ksj
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by garreTT008 View Post
How will I be able to free up memory?

Also my PIM backup didn't work... Anyone know why this is?
Use htcRIE to delete stuff you don't need from the ROM before flashing. Read the past 2-3 pages.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development