PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2009, 07:55 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |V|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23088/21864) ** |Nov 15th| Manila 2.1 &

I think everyone needs to start reading a little bit more before they flash a rom. You will get information from other users and in some cases decide whether or not the rom is for you. If a rom is released on Nov 15th, then go this date in the thread and read up on what people are saying. You will find fixes and other valuable stuff. Just a thought.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:31 PM
ksj
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

ksj is keeping up the good workksj is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: |V|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23088/21864) ** |Nov 15th| Manila 2.1 &

I think we should just stop answering the questions that people continue to ask over and over. They'll decide to search eventually.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:07 PM
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketosneeze View Post
I think we should just stop answering the questions that people continue to ask over and over. They'll decide to search eventually.
I agree but at the same time alot of people are new and not familiar. Hopefully if we point people in the right direction and give them good advice, they will become good contributers as well.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: Verizon

GreeKNastY is keeping up the good workGreeKNastY is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketosneeze View Post
thats just being a d!ck..

excuse the language but not everyone has the time to sit and flip through pages...although some questions can be annoying after being asked so much...theres no reason to say "stop answering the questions"...the best forums out there are ones where knowldge and help is readily available..also..not giving support in NRG's thread will EASILy draw any potential flashers away from the NRG rom quickly....

think about it.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 3GS
Carrier: Telus

Braka is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeXL View Post
That fix didn't work for me, I'm still getting the Cannot Play This Video error...
Be sure to change the values of the series of "0000" too...

I tried it first without changing these values and "the fix" wasn't working. I returned in the registry editor to see if it was the problem, changed the values and now it works.

remember, the post says, change the values like this:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\YouTube]
"BandWidth"=dword:00000000 changed to 1
"EnableMDP"=dword:00000001 changed to 0

I've put in bold the values that I'm talking about... hope this helps
Old 11-18-2009, 10:51 PM
Lurker

smw6180 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreeKNastY View Post
thats just being a d!ck..

excuse the language but not everyone has the time to sit and flip through pages...although some questions can be annoying after being asked so much...theres no reason to say "stop answering the questions"...the best forums out there are ones where knowldge and help is readily available..also..not giving support in NRG's thread will EASILy draw any potential flashers away from the NRG rom quickly....

think about it.
Why would you flip through pages? That's what search is for. You don't have to read 300+ pages to find an answer to something. It shows a major lack of respect for other people when someone won't take the 30 seconds it takes to look up a solution to your problem in the thread.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

NewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Why do some people call 411 for a phone number when they can search online or with a phonebook themselves?

Why do some people call tech support for help with a new gadget instead of first reading the instructions that came with the gadget?

Why do some people post questions rather than first read and/or search the prior posts?

Who knows. Are any of us going change those people? NO.

Pete
Quote:
Originally Posted by smw6180 View Post
Why would you flip through pages? That's what search is for. You don't have to read 300+ pages to find an answer to something. It shows a major lack of respect for other people when someone won't take the 30 seconds it takes to look up a solution to your problem in the thread.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: Verizon

GreeKNastY is keeping up the good workGreeKNastY is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by smw6180 View Post
damn..since when does search answer every question?....must be a new vbulletin hack(sarcasm) or something because last i checked search doesnt always answer peoples questions.

and if anythng..its shows a lack of respect to NRG by not helping him with his rom by helping others in need...
hell i remember when i first came here..forgot whos rom it was..i had problems..obvious or not no one bothered to help..guess what i did....went to the next rom and never went back to that one.....and thats the exact reason why now i try to answer any obvious questions to new members and not be a d1ck and tell them to search

Last edited by GreeKNastY; 11-18-2009 at 11:25 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:43 PM
ksj
PPCGeeks Regular

ksj is keeping up the good workksj is keeping up the good work

K, first of all, I didn't say we just shouldn't answer any questions or that every question can be answered with a search. I was talking about the questions that continue to be repeatedly asked and answered. People call 411 and tech support because of its convenience, yes. But they're also paying for that convenience, and people are being paid to answer those questions. We're not. I'm willing to answer questions. But sometimes it gets a little frustrating when we are answering questions again and again, when they can be answered in 10 seconds with a search.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:44 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreeKNastY View Post
damn..since when does search answer every question?....must be a new vbulletin hack(sarcasm) or something because last i checked search doesnt always answer peoples questions.

and if anythng..its shows a lack of respect to NRG by not helping him with his rom by helping others in need...
hell i remember when i first came here..forgot whos rom it was..i had problems..obvious or not no one bothered to help..guess what i did....went to the next rom and never went back to that one.....and thats the exact reason why now i try to answer any obvious questions to new members and not be a d1ck and tell them to search
Good point, I just think If you are new to a rom thread or the forum for that matter, by all means ask questions but try to do a little research. I would always try to read posts right around the release date to get a good idea of the problems/possible bugs people were reporting and the answers that were provided. I think some of us get frustrated(me included) and point out it out directly but for the most part NRG rom thread has been excellent. Believe you me there are others were people are bickering constantly but that goes without saying.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development