PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2009, 11:49 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |V|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23088/21864) ** |Nov 15th| Manila 2.1 &

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketosneeze View Post
K, first of all, I didn't say we just shouldn't answer any questions or that every question can be answered with a search. I was talking about the questions that continue to be repeatedly asked and answered. People call 411 and tech support because of its convenience, yes. But they're also paying for that convenience, and people are being paid to answer those questions. We're not. I'm willing to answer questions. But sometimes it gets a little frustrating when we are answering questions again and again, when they can be answered in 10 seconds with a search.
I can attest that iliketosneeze has helped me on a couple occasions and for that I am very appreciative. In fact if it werent for him and cesium, I wouldn't have been able to post the fixed Nov 15 release We all get frustrated though at times.

Last edited by Riley; 11-19-2009 at 09:19 AM.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: Verizon

GreeKNastY is keeping up the good workGreeKNastY is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: |V|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23088/21864) ** |Nov 15th| Manila 2.1 &

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketosneeze View Post
K, first of all, I didn't say we just shouldn't answer any questions or that every question can be answered with a search. I was talking about the questions that continue to be repeatedly asked and answered. People call 411 and tech support because of its convenience, yes. But they're also paying for that convenience, and people are being paid to answer those questions. We're not. I'm willing to answer questions. But sometimes it gets a little frustrating when we are answering questions again and again, when they can be answered in 10 seconds with a search.

well let me tell you first hand its more frustrating for the guy on the otherside who cant get his phone to boot...so frustrated he may..forget or not even think about...searching?..and i understand it may be annoying answering questions over and over...but hey if i knew that answer id be glad to take 2 seconds of my time and do a quick reply over and over again...hell my post count would go up...it would be different if i had to spend 5 minutes googling for them.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 3GS
Carrier: Telus

Braka is becoming a great contributor

ok so... is there any bug in the last version ?
Old 11-19-2009, 01:52 AM
ksj
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

ksj is keeping up the good workksj is keeping up the good work

Ok, ok. You win. I guess I just got a little frustrated. My computer's mobo went out last weekend, so I have to type out each post with the little on screen keyboard and load times aren't the best. So things got a little tedious and I overreacted. I apologize.
Old 11-19-2009, 03:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond

chippenham is a n00b

I normally have the last page open, refresh, and go through to see any issues. It is kind of 'annoying' when I see the same questions being asked again too. Perhaps, for each release, the questions/issues with answers/workaround to be added in one post (like first page) so people can just go there. Of course it is extra work for the OP, but this might work?
Old 11-19-2009, 03:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond

chippenham is a n00b

I was using 21864 nov15 (riley5d). I tried the animated wallpaper, and HTC sense reloaded and stuck. Try soft reset but the same thing, it keeps saying tap here to launch the htc sense. Anyone else had this issue?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:45 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Evo 4G

abjc89 is a n00b

quick question; I searched a bit through the thread but I couldn't find out if 2.5 has native support for picture messaging. I have no idea why, but I keep getting freezes and problems with manilla interacting with mms content and I was wondering if 2.5 one energyRom has anything to say about it
Old 11-19-2009, 06:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

robsta is keeping up the good workrobsta is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Diamond: Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

Quote:
Originally Posted by abjc89
quick question; I searched a bit through the thread but I couldn't find out if 2.5 has native support for picture messaging. I have no idea why, but I keep getting freezes and problems with manilla interacting with mms content and I was wondering if 2.5 one energyRom has anything to say about it
MMS isnt supported through Manila 2.5 yet, but you can use Arcsoft.

Last edited by robsta; 11-19-2009 at 07:06 AM.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

ap90033 is a n00b

Latest version is Oct. 25th right? Also, have you looked at the Sense UI?
Old 11-19-2009, 09:51 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippenham View Post
I was using 21864 nov15 (riley5d). I tried the animated wallpaper, and HTC sense reloaded and stuck. Try soft reset but the same thing, it keeps saying tap here to launch the htc sense. Anyone else had this issue?
Hi,

Same thing happened to me. Thanks for pointing this out. Everyone that is using this rom, do not select animated wallpapers or you will not be able to use HTC Sense. It goes into a loop which I couldn't get to stop. Unfortunately you may need to hard reset.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development