PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2009, 02:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch diamond cdma
Carrier: Alltel

fmr_cj7 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |VICT|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** || Built Sep 20 ||Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by psg190 View Post
YES!!!! A new keyboard has been added!!!! To get a Compact Qwerty or Phone SIP go to HKLM\Software\HTC\ezsip\BioToShowMenu and change value to 1. Click OK, then wait for a few seconds and a SIP selection menu will display. Thank you NRG!!!

Just wondering, is there any way to make it so that you dont have to go into the registry to change the keyboard, like in our (alteast mine) stock roms.
Old 10-17-2009, 03:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

psg190 is becoming a great contributor
Re: |VICT|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** || Built Sep 20 ||Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmr_cj7 View Post
Just wondering, is there any way to make it so that you dont have to go into the registry to change the keyboard, like in our (alteast mine) stock roms.
I believe that I have seen a SIP selector/changer program which will solve this issue, but I'm not quite sure where it would be. I am always on compact qwerty so I just make the one registry edit and leave it.
Old 10-17-2009, 03:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

The only significant issue that I'm having with the 10/17 release is that the SIP is not automatically popping up when I am in a text field.
Old 10-17-2009, 03:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch diamond cdma
Carrier: Alltel

fmr_cj7 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by psg190 View Post
I believe that I have seen a SIP selector/changer program which will solve this issue, but I'm not quite sure where it would be. I am always on compact qwerty so I just make the one registry edit and leave it.
Its no big deal, I just like the compact qwerty when im trying to type little sentences fast, mostly texting.

O well.
Old 10-17-2009, 03:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

farhaat2007 is just getting started

Just saw that there was a new update. Can someone tell me what the difference b/w the Oct 14 release and the new/current one Thanks
Old 10-17-2009, 03:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

Draiko is keeping up the good workDraiko is keeping up the good work

NRG, you're really lighting a fire under it! Nice work! downloading and flashing now.
Old 10-17-2009, 04:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

AdamW is becoming a great contributor

Well, still having problems with 20091017, unfortunately. Rather than freezing, it now seems to like to spontaneously reset. Happened one time while I was browsing with Opera, and twice right after loading Google Maps straight after a boot.

Also, with 20091017 - not sure if it was the same with 20091014, but could have been - I noticed a more interesting location wrinkle. When Maps first starts, it gets an approximate location fix (within 800m - I guess it's off the cell tower). Then it automatically connects to GPS satellites (I get the blue connecting...searching for satellites...then it finds 8 satellites messages), and the location dot moves, becoming very precise (looks like the same accuracy I got with MightyRom and stock ROM). _But_, if I then drag the map somewhere else and then click the 'go to my location' button, it doesn't go to the very accurate, GPS-fixed location - it reverts to the approximate, cell tower location! Weird.

Anyway, the resets are a rather more pressing problem...20091014 didn't seem to do that, only the complete hang thing.

What's everyone else's experience?

edit: I should note I followed Proper Flashing Procedure - each time I hard reset, flash back to stock Telus ROM, hard reset, flash to new ROM, hard reset.
Old 10-17-2009, 04:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: <>

PrO... is a n00b

I flashed this rom last night and i like it but I relised today i have no service in my house and i just got the sprint airave.Maybe because it's unlocked?can i relock the phone with a custom rom?what would happen?
Old 10-17-2009, 05:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch,Mogul,DiAMOND,Hero,EVO

davedamit is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkLaw View Post
NRG,
Your hard work does not go unnoticed and it is greatly appreciated. Without chefs like you, my touch diamond would suck.
Pete
What he said! Thanks!
Old 10-17-2009, 05:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrO... View Post
I flashed this rom last night and i like it but I relised today i have no service in my house and i just got the sprint airave.Maybe because it's unlocked?can i relock the phone with a custom rom?what would happen?
My Airave works even if the phone is unlocked.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development