PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2009, 02:30 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart
Re: camera/time

Quote:
Originally Posted by gianmarco View Post
Did you mean TOUCH or PUNCH? Just trying to clarify
lmao *Touch*. I will now go back and correct my typo, that future generations might not be affected by the shame placed upon my shoulders on this, the darkest day of spelling mistakes.

Sponsored by Kools.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond

chris17house is a n00b
Re: |VICT|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** || Built Aug 11 || w Manila

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyD6169 View Post
Mine is on nearly 24/7 too. Would be nice to figure out how to turn this off.. It's like the phone is in connection keep-alive mode or something..
Any suggestions anyone?
Found the solution:

Start--> Settings --> System--> Power Settings --> Advanced --> Check "turn off backlight if device is not used", check "turn off device if not used for".
Old 08-29-2009, 05:21 PM
kbw
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch diamond
Carrier: sprint

kbw is a n00b
Re: |VICT|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** || Built Aug 11 || w Manila

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris17house View Post
Found the solution:

Start--> Settings --> System--> Power Settings --> Advanced --> Check "turn off backlight if device is not used", check "turn off device if not used for".
no that only applies to the backlight not the data...
Old 08-29-2009, 08:03 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Quote:
Mine is on nearly 24/7 too. Would be nice to figure out how to turn this off.. It's like the phone is in connection keep-alive mode or something..
Any suggestions anyone?
I always set my Long Press End Key to terminate data connection. When I'm done using data, I just hold the End key for a few seconds and it kills the data connection.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero

mercado79 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmercado79 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmercado79 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Any suggestions anyone?
Two things... first, make sure that you haven't installed any software that is connecting on its own. I tried out a travel app, World Mate I think it's called. Even when it was closed out, it'd turn on data every few minutes. Very odd.

But, if that's not the case, then yes, it does seem like data stays on indefinitely. Thankfully, under utilities --> tweaks, you can use advanced config to set data to turn off after x number of minutes idle. I stumbled on this recently.

I'm not sure if it's helped my battery issues though. Looks like I need to invest in a new battery. The "heavy" user that I am, I think I've burned out my stock battery in the last year that I've had the phone. Anyone have a recommendation as to where to buy a replacement battery?

Hit me with some THANKS!

Last edited by mercado79; 08-29-2009 at 11:55 PM. Reason: typo
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

NewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercado79 View Post

I'm not sure if it's helped my battery issues though. Looks like I need to invest in a new battery. The "heavy" user that I am, I think I've burned out my stock battery in the last year that I've had the phone. Anyone have a recommendation as to where to buy a replacement battery?
I recently bought this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=220344424301

It was $25 and came with a desktop charger, plug, and a cool stylus for desktop use. Well worth the money, and he has more.

Good luck.
Pete
Old 08-30-2009, 10:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch diamond

KennyD6169 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris17house View Post
Found the solution:

Those are checked. I was talking about my data being on 24/7, not the backlight. Thanks though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercado79 View Post
Two things... first, make sure that you haven't installed any software that is connecting on its own. I tried out a travel app, World Mate I think it's called. Even when it was closed out, it'd turn on data every few minutes. Very odd.

But, if that's not the case, then yes, it does seem like data stays on indefinitely. Thankfully, under utilities --> tweaks, you can use advanced config to set data to turn off after x number of minutes idle. I stumbled on this recently.

Thank you! It took me a while to find it in advanced config. Anyone else who's looking for it: Open advanced config and tap Menu (bottom right) -> More Settings -> Connections
It says Disconnect after X minutes.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:16 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Those are checked. I was talking about my data being on 24/7, not the backlight. Thanks though!
yep, your data is not on 24/7. if it was your phone would die in under 2 hours. it shows connected in the notification screen but it really is not in the sense that it is drawing power like if you are on the web or downloading music, emails, etc. the best thing to do is install the battery monitor I mentioned a page or two back and check the dischargecurrent. it showed hover between 75mA and 125mA when the phone is idle with no programs and a lite screen. that is assuming you changed the screen backlight option to automatic.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond / TP2 / Arrive
Carrier: Sprint since 1999

meangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuff

there may be an update coming, NRG is planning to visit the VGA land soon (from the greener WVGA pasture)
Old 08-31-2009, 11:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

ap90033 is a n00b

I hope there is an update soon...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development