View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 11:42 PM
mercado79
PPCGeeks Regular

mercado79 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmercado79 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmercado79 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |VICT|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** || Built Aug 11 || w Manila

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyD6169 View Post
Mine is on nearly 24/7 too. Would be nice to figure out how to turn this off.. It's like the phone is in connection keep-alive mode or something..
Any suggestions anyone?
Two things... first, make sure that you haven't installed any software that is connecting on its own. I tried out a travel app, World Mate I think it's called. Even when it was closed out, it'd turn on data every few minutes. Very odd.

But, if that's not the case, then yes, it does seem like data stays on indefinitely. Thankfully, under utilities --> tweaks, you can use advanced config to set data to turn off after x number of minutes idle. I stumbled on this recently.

I'm not sure if it's helped my battery issues though. Looks like I need to invest in a new battery. The "heavy" user that I am, I think I've burned out my stock battery in the last year that I've had the phone. Anyone have a recommendation as to where to buy a replacement battery?

Hit me with some THANKS!

Last edited by mercado79; 08-29-2009 at 11:55 PM. Reason: typo
This post has been thanked 1 times.