View Single Post
Old 08-30-2009, 10:12 PM
KennyD6169
Lurker

KennyD6169 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |VICT|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** || Built Aug 11 || w Manila

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris17house View Post
Found the solution:

Start--> Settings --> System--> Power Settings --> Advanced --> Check "turn off backlight if device is not used", check "turn off device if not used for".

Those are checked. I was talking about my data being on 24/7, not the backlight. Thanks though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercado79 View Post
Two things... first, make sure that you haven't installed any software that is connecting on its own. I tried out a travel app, World Mate I think it's called. Even when it was closed out, it'd turn on data every few minutes. Very odd.

But, if that's not the case, then yes, it does seem like data stays on indefinitely. Thankfully, under utilities --> tweaks, you can use advanced config to set data to turn off after x number of minutes idle. I stumbled on this recently.

I'm not sure if it's helped my battery issues though. Looks like I need to invest in a new battery. The "heavy" user that I am, I think I've burned out my stock battery in the last year that I've had the phone. Anyone have a recommendation as to where to buy a replacement battery?

Thank you! It took me a while to find it in advanced config. Anyone else who's looking for it: Open advanced config and tap Menu (bottom right) -> More Settings -> Connections
It says Disconnect after X minutes.