PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2009, 12:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Raphael
Carrier: AT&T

bliind is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |VICT|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** || Built Aug 11 || w Manila

I'm curious about installing EnergyROM on a Verizon Diamond.. I've searched plenty and I guess there's no security unlocker out there for the vzw version? (Please, correct me if I'm wrong.) However, I put my buddy's Diamond in bootloader mode and it has a grey banner at the top, with red writing, "Security Unlocked" -- he got his phone from the Verizon store, could it be security unlocked? Would it be okay to try to flash EnergyROM to this phone?
Old 08-26-2009, 01:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

robsta is keeping up the good workrobsta is keeping up the good work
Re: |VICT|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** || Built Aug 11 || w Manila

Quote:
Originally Posted by bliind View Post
I'm curious about installing EnergyROM on a Verizon Diamond.. I've searched plenty and I guess there's no security unlocker out there for the vzw version? (Please, correct me if I'm wrong.) However, I put my buddy's Diamond in bootloader mode and it has a grey banner at the top, with red writing, "Security Unlocked" -- he got his phone from the Verizon store, could it be security unlocked? Would it be okay to try to flash EnergyROM to this phone?
I hope you didn't attempt to flash or unlock! OK, so the "Security Unlocked" is something pertaining to the radio of your phone and not the bootloader. Please read this thread. As far as a Verizon locker, I have not seen one, but I haven't really looked either because I'm on Sprint.

EDIT: Alright, did some research for ya, and yeah I don't think there is a Verizon unlocker (not here anyways), you might be out of luck. Apparently the Verizon version of the Diamond and Pro has a different chipset so the unlocker will not work.

Last edited by robsta; 08-26-2009 at 02:03 AM.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:52 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

siptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
I like it so much it is going to be added to the Q and A section, question 18!!
+1 as well.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Please read the sticky at the top of this forum. The unlocker is "device" specific and has nothing to do with the carrier.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: hTc Diamond

powerpower73 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer1320 View Post
I love the rom, its awsome, but I am having 1 small problem. I am through Alltel and I installed all of the .cabs to get the picture mail working, but the phone does not ring when I get a text message. I flashed it back to stock before installing the rom and I made sure that there was a tone assigned to incomming sms but I get nothing.

Any help would be awsome. I am new to posting in forums, flashing ROMS, and all that so im sorry if this has been answered already, or if my post structure is wrong...

have you tried start>settings>sounds & notifications>notifications .... and setting your sounds?

not sure if i understood your question right..
Old 08-26-2009, 09:18 AM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdunn View Post
Please read the sticky at the top of this forum. The unlocker is "device" specific and has nothing to do with the carrier.

Then i would direct YOU to the multiple posts that blatantly state that the Verizon Diamond is a completely different phone and, therefore, cannot be unlocked by the conventional Diamond CDMA unlocker. In the case of Verizon, carrier is very important, unless you like horrifically expensive paperweights.

Sponsored by Kools.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: sprint

markdb77 is a n00b
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

i am having problems sending pics and videos. in ALBUM, when I try to send a pic via email, it just sends me to my inbox, and via sms, it sends me to ALL MESSAGES screen.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:19 AM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Quote:
Originally Posted by markdb77 View Post
i am having problems sending pics and videos. in ALBUM, when I try to send a pic via email, it just sends me to my inbox, and via sms, it sends me to ALL MESSAGES screen.
Do you have arcsoft or sprint picturemail installed?
Old 08-26-2009, 12:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradart View Post
Then i would direct YOU to the multiple posts that blatantly state that the Verizon Diamond is a completely different phone and, therefore, cannot be unlocked by the conventional Diamond CDMA unlocker. In the case of Verizon, carrier is very important, unless you like horrifically expensive paperweights.
If he had read the stickies, he would have found out that ...

1. The unlocker is device specific.

2. It does not work on the Verizon Diamond.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch diamond
Carrier: sprint

phatjimmy96 is a n00b

I'm loving what NRG has done with this rom, but I was wondering if there is any way to delete or edit email account settings once they are put in without a hard reset? I searched pretty well and all I can see are ways to add a new account. I am pretty sure my outgoing settings are messed up and I can't check to see or change them. If this has already been answered I apologize. Thanks.

oops. sorry for the stupid question, got it figured out now. Just have to scroll down after hitting the menu button and select tools, then options.

Last edited by phatjimmy96; 08-27-2009 at 02:07 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development