PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2009, 09:15 PM
kbw
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch diamond
Carrier: sprint

kbw is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |VICT|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** || Built Aug 11 || w Manila

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post

edit: by the way kbw. this battery tweak was originally posted by Juicy!
oops, i 4got about that tweak haha thx...is that the only battery savin tweak we have at our dispossal?
i think in juicy's the data connection only came on when u tried to use it. idk if thats also used in this rom. do u know? thx again.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch alltel diamond
Carrier: Alltel (now Verizon)

inferno1 is becoming a great contributor
Re: |VICT|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** || Built Aug 11 || w Manila

Quote:
I thought rA was common on the Alltel network to display instead of ev?
nope.... two versions ago of energy rom showed EV.....
Old 08-17-2009, 09:21 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbw View Post
oops, i 4got about that tweak haha thx...is that the only battery savin tweak we have at our dispossal?
i think in juicy's the data connection only came on when u tried to use it. idk if thats also used in this rom. do u know? thx again.
yes it is. under the touchflo internet tab>menu>data settings, push internet is listed and defaulted off so that is the same as Juicy. I guess there are other possible battery tweaks like in diamond tweak for example but I would think most of them are in the rom.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:22 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno1 View Post
nope.... two versions ago of energy rom showed EV.....
ok, well NRG will need to chime in on this one. the only thing I would think of is if you installed another taskbar but if not, no idea. plus rA is ev so it's kinda the same thing in the end.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:29 PM
kbw
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch diamond
Carrier: sprint

kbw is a n00b

Quote:
yes it is. under the touchflo internet tab>menu>data settings, push internet is listed and defaulted off so that is the same as Juicy. I guess there are other possible battery tweaks like in diamond tweak for example but I would think most of them are in the rom.
o ok. good to kno. added the poll int tweak & will see if theres improvement
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch alltel diamond
Carrier: Alltel (now Verizon)

inferno1 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
ok, well NRG will need to chime in on this one. the only thing I would think of is if you installed another taskbar but if not, no idea. plus rA is ev so it's kinda the same thing in the end.
thanx for the reply..

all ive loaded was the Alltel carrier cab and arcsoft

if rA is the same as EV then i guess i dont have any issues.... other then that its a good rom so far....
Old 08-18-2009, 12:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

robsta is keeping up the good workrobsta is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno1 View Post
thanx for the reply..

all ive loaded was the Alltel carrier cab and arcsoft

if rA is the same as EV then i guess i dont have any issues.... other then that its a good rom so far....
Yeah they are the same. rA stands for EV-DO (Evolution Data Optimized) revision A. If your into the technical details go here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution-Data_Optimized.

By the way NRG, I cannot thank you enough for this ROM! I know my donation wasn't much but hey I'm just a poor college student, haha.

Last edited by robsta; 08-18-2009 at 12:51 AM.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond Touch
Carrier: telus

firebelly is a n00b

Quote:
hey guys, whatthefunk a few days ago posted a battery tweak that is not in NRG's rom currently. go to post 4 on the first page/tweak #4 to check it out. it essentially extends the period that the phone polls for battery levels, that is the time between polling itself. what that means is the battery is polling less thereby less usage of the battery, make sense to me. this should extend battery especially when idle. I think it's worth trying and many roms have this already cooked in. Also, be sure to turn of beam in Start>Settings>Connections>Beam.

edit: by the way kbw. this battery tweak was originally posted by Juicy!

thanks for the reply,

I usually tweak the polling interval to around a minute (60000) even then it is the same and it was similar when i was doing it for 20000 (4E20) so no luck here.
I charged the cell fully last night, no call in, data connection and wifi set to off and even then at 530am in teh morning there was no juice in teh battery and the cell had been shut off

I am using telus radio rom(?)

any help would be appreciated
Old 08-18-2009, 08:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

NewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebelly View Post
thanks for the reply,

I usually tweak the polling interval to around a minute (60000) even then it is the same and it was similar when i was doing it for 20000 (4E20) so no luck here.
I charged the cell fully last night, no call in, data connection and wifi set to off and even then at 530am in teh morning there was no juice in teh battery and the cell had been shut off

I am using telus radio rom(?)

any help would be appreciated
I shudder at the thought, but perhaps you need a new battery? I recently replaced mine and have seen a wonderful improvement. I think over time, chefs like NRG, IndaGroove, Juicy, & Mighty (to name a few) give us more battery life, but at the same time our batteries are getting old. You might be surprised how much more time you get out of a new battery on these roms.
Just a thought...
Pete
Old 08-18-2009, 08:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond Touch
Carrier: telus

firebelly is a n00b

^

I just got the phone around a week ago

Just with the same settings on a stock rom i was able to get around 14h from the same battery so this is really making me mad
Hopefully something can be figured out

I can post all the tweaks I have applied for the battery if required

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development