PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2009, 05:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800, omnia, xv6875
Carrier: Verizon

mskathy45 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 5/28/09 - ROM | Kitchen | SYS - WM 6.5 21725, 21234 - Generic | All Carriers -

Stupid question, those generic 21725 files, will they work in ppckitchen's kitchen for a titan??? Thanks.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:29 AM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: LG Fathom
Threadstarter

da_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: 5/28/09 - ROM | Kitchen | SYS - WM 6.5 21725, 21234 - Generic | All Carriers -

Quote:
Originally Posted by mskathy45 View Post
Stupid question, those generic 21725 files, will they work in ppckitchen's kitchen for a titan??? Thanks.
Not sure what would have to be done to get them working. Obviously you would have to swap all the 192 dpi folders for 96 dpi folders, but other than that I don't know. I never mess with ppc kitchen.
Old 05-30-2009, 02:18 PM
VIP n00b
Threadstarter

da_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Goldengraham: do you know what improvements are made in EzInput 2.0 over EzInput 1.5?
Old 05-30-2009, 08:53 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
Quick thing that I've noticed.
When I get to the customization, the customization fails. I get a message that it can't find the file Bluetoothiconnotifier1.cab.
I checked and sure enough it was in the regular Sprint Carrier OEM, but not the one with Titanium add-ons. I threw it in there and everything worked fine.

It does appear that there is quite a bit of overlap with the files in 21725 and many of the OEMs. I can't select MSVC and a bunch of other things without getting duplicate errors.
You're getting errors, because you're mix and matching kitchen elements between kitchens. You need to pay close attention to the config_operator.txt file, if you are gonna be doing kitchen mixing.

Also, this can be dangerous, because not all kitchens at 100% uniform. For example, recently dnsapi.dll has been showing up in sys builds, and previouslu it was in oemDrivers. I haven't really looked into this specific dll or it's function, but I have been leaving it in my sys, while other chefs have opted to use the OEMdrivers version. If you used one oem base witout dnsapi.dll, and a sys that also had it excluded, you'd likely have a bad rom. Another example is the HTC dialer contacts list corruption fix, that involve cprog.exe and tpcutil.dll. They are normally in the sys, but in my kitchen I have them in OEM dirvers, so if I forget to modify future sys' with the fix, I'll bet build errors to remind me. So, if you use my sys with another oem base, you'll have major issues with the phone.

The issue you were having with the dialer, is because I basically just skinned Calkulin's Black S2A OEM package, and since you were leaving both packages in the kitchen, you were having redundancy issues.

I personally am not a big fan of having any OEM packages in the kitchen that I don't want in my rom. I know that their not supposed to be build in if their not selected, but I've had at least one OEM (HD Manila) that would cook in even unselected. Also, since we can't save rom build info with the Calcu kitchen the way you can with other kitchens, it's the only real way to ensure uniformity.

In my kitchen, I try to make every option.xml in there "true". Some chefs, like Mighty, just delete all option.xmls, since they serve no real purpose for many. Any package without an option.xml cooks in automatically.

For future reference, OEMizer or PackageCreator will both generate unique rgu and dsm guids, along with an option xml.

Last edited by indagroove; 05-30-2009 at 08:59 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:28 AM
ICE
Pocket PC: Motorola Everything
Carrier: Big RED

smiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to smiznith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock1909 View Post
99% of the time. i just started my camera, 10x and 9 of them i had to wait for the lock screen.
ugh! thats a migraine!
Old 05-31-2009, 12:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: <>
Carrier: Sprint

PrO... is a n00b

anyone know why i don't have a slide bar on my S2U2?
Old 05-31-2009, 06:26 PM
VIP n00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrO... View Post
anyone know why i don't have a slide bar on my S2U2?
No idea... Sorry. Missing an image file perhaps?
Old 06-01-2009, 10:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung I8000L
Carrier: Bell

Willis111 is becoming a great contributor
Re: ROM Downloads

Seem to be having some trouble w/the download servers. Any chance of getting it on megaupload or something?
Old 06-01-2009, 10:22 AM
VIP n00b
Threadstarter

Re: ROM Downloads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willis111 View Post
Seem to be having some trouble w/the download servers. Any chance of getting it on megaupload or something?
Uploading to megaupload now. I'll post when its done.

Done: 21725 ROM megaupload mirror

Last edited by da_reeseboy; 06-01-2009 at 10:33 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung I8000L
Carrier: Bell

Willis111 is becoming a great contributor

Ty sir. I've noticed a sync issue w/power and now grooverom, both w/21725+. Wondering if it's an issue with the sys but I don't see many other users complaining about their phones not establishing a connection via activesync.

Edit: worked like a charm w/that link. For some reason your original link was cutting me off anywhere after 40 megs(figured it might be that you were still uploading but the data was all over the place, stopping at 43, 48, 42 etc and figured you'd be done uploading 12 hours later)

Last edited by Willis111; 06-01-2009 at 11:15 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development