PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2009, 09:05 AM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: LG Fathom
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

da_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Wm 6.5.3 28011 & 21882 ROM|SYS 12/8/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by guevr818 View Post
Thanks for the quick reply, what I meant was; I am using OMJ's Kitchen and in one of the drop down menus you have to choose an XIP Build. Each SYS has its own XIP build. Where do I find it for 28011?
Oops...now I understand.
When you drop a new SYS into Visual Kitchen, you put the SYS files in the SYS folder, but then you also have to put files int the ROM folder - the latest MSXIPKernel goes in ROM\Shared\28011 (or whatever sys version its for) and then you also have to create a folder in ROM\Diamond (or whatever device its for)\28011 (or whatever sys version its for). The \ROM\Diamond\28011\ folder is device dependent, not SYS dependent so you can copy the files from the last SYS version (eg. copy contents from \ROM\Diamond\23017\ to \ROM\Diamond\28011\ ).

Let me know if this answers the question / fixes the problem or if a little more help is needed.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

guevr818 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_reeseboy View Post
Oops...now I understand.
When you drop a new SYS into Visual Kitchen, you put the SYS files in the SYS folder, but then you also have to put files int the ROM folder - the latest MSXIPKernel goes in ROM\Shared\28011 (or whatever sys version its for) and then you also have to create a folder in ROM\Diamond (or whatever device its for)\28011 (or whatever sys version its for). The \ROM\Diamond\28011\ folder is device dependent, not SYS dependent so you can copy the files from the last SYS version (eg. copy contents from \ROM\Diamond\23017\ to \ROM\Diamond\28011\ ).

Let me know if this answers the question / fixes the problem or if a little more help is needed.
Great, you answered my question completely! Thanks for the quick response too! You solved everything. Everything makes sense now. Thanks da_reeseboy
Old 12-15-2009, 10:15 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

my main man DRB, didn't you say you were going to do something with sense over the weekend? Don't tell me real life actual important things got in the way?!?!
Old 12-15-2009, 07:34 PM
VIP n00b
Threadstarter

da_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
my main man DRB, didn't you say you were going to do something with sense over the weekend? Don't tell me real life actual important things got in the way?!?!
Flew to GA to try and buy a house. It didn't happen, but I did potentially find a job, and got some paperwork attended to for the house.

... stupid life. Until this move is done I'll be running in circles I think.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:52 AM

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_reeseboy View Post
Flew to GA to try and buy a house. It didn't happen, but I did potentially find a job, and got some paperwork attended to for the house.

... stupid life. Until this move is done I'll be running in circles I think.
wow that's pretty hectic, good luck with all that; nothing like some square footage

on another note, I tried swype recently and thought it was interesting to say the least, have you played around with it?
Old 12-16-2009, 10:50 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
wow that's pretty hectic, good luck with all that; nothing like some square footage

on another note, I tried swype recently and thought it was interesting to say the least, have you played around with it?
I have been using it. I think with time and practice, it can become pretty nice. Still a little quirky from time to time.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 12-16-2009, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
I have been using it. I think with time and practice, it can become pretty nice. Still a little quirky from time to time.
I'm gonna try it out some more. to date you are still the only chef on the planet who actually incorporates compact qwerty and phone pad into 2.1 without having to install cabs and all sorts of craziness, which I wish others would do, Its so hard to find any time to cook my own bugless rom.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:38 PM
VIP n00b
Threadstarter

Re: Wm 6.5.3 28014 & 21882 ROM|SYS 12/17/09

28014 is up!
Old 12-17-2009, 11:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

skwarek is becoming a great contributor

I love this rom, and I would love to be able to take all this wonderful job DRB did on this rom and cook a version with my own apps. Any suggestions where I could start reading about cooking this. I'm an extreem noobie so be gental.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:31 AM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP
Re: Wm 6.5.3 28014 & 21882 ROM|SYS 12/17/09

Interesting development ... for quite some time, the latest dialer and phone canvas packages have (at least for CDMA users) masked the display of the GPS Tracking icon (cross-hair), the off and on-hook icon and bluetooth headset icon.

I like seeing these icons - for some reason I find it pleasing or reassuring to know the status of these features based on the icons appearing in the phone canvas display. Thus, when I cook I bring in an older dialer package and supporting phone canvas.

This still works, but lately the dialer & phone canvas that I cook results in a long vertical scroll-bar for the entire dialer screen and I don't think this can be resolved, meaning it is time to move on to an updated dialer and phone canvas package.

Is anyone aware of a package or combination (other than stock) that will a) continue to display the notification icons that I mentioned above, but not cause the vertical scroll bar issue that I am seeing?

Best regards,
-boggsie

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development