PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2009, 05:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero & Touch Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

PMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Jun 30 ] [ 23001 \ 21051 ] [ v5 ] Calkulin's Kitchen & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by watzone69 View Post
If you are a chef who is making ROMs using TF3D, it would be good to read this.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...54&postcount=6

CFC is basically a way to compress manila files. The "patched" TF3D then decompresses "on the fly" and is supposed to be faster than disk read time on normal TF3D.

I'm not 100% sure if this is worth getting into or not. I know a few chefs were into it a few months ago but since I switched to 6.5 I haven't paid much attention to it.
That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks man!=D>

PMD ROMz - Please hit the Thanks button if I've helped you!
Old 07-04-2009, 05:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

PMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Hey I'm trying to compress the Rhodium XBmod OEM rom the kitchen and I have an issue. The cfc compression looks for all the manila.exe files and .dll files in the OEM, however in this kitchen those filess are in the sperate manila engine folder. Can I just copy the all files from engine to the Rhodium folder and keep them all in one folder? If not can I move over the files that need to be compressed then move them back to the engine folder after?
Old 07-04-2009, 06:04 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by powe6563 View Post
Ok so would I just compress all the SYS files or OEM files before flashing? Or would I just compress the finished .nbh? Or am I completely wrong either way? I'm pretty sure it's the 3rd option, lol.
UPX compression is done before flashing or after installing other programs.
I remember that I would install PocketInformant, then compress the individual exe files. I would imagine that there is a way to compress the exe within an OEM, but I've never done it. I would also guess that one would have to install the UPX app in the ROM so that it could decompress the files on the fly once flashed.

Old 07-04-2009, 06:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
UPX compression is done before flashing or after installing other programs.
I remember that I would install PocketInformant, then compress the individual exe files. I would imagine that there is a way to compress the exe within an OEM, but I've never done it. I would also guess that one would have to install the UPX app in the ROM so that it could decompress the files on the fly once flashed.

My bad I should've been specific, I'm using cfc gui. Thanks though
Old 07-05-2009, 12:12 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: LG Optimus S

KingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuff

I just found out at work that internet sharing in the new 21501(7-1) doesn't work(at least for me it didn't). I flashed back to shipped and tried the rom again and it still didn't work. I had to use the 4.7 kitchen. It was saying that something was missing from the program. I copied the OEM from the 4.7 kitchen and it still wouldn't work.

So I am trying to say is that something else is causing it not to work in v5 kitchen.
Old 07-05-2009, 01:46 AM
VIP BABY
Pocket PC: moto driod
Carrier: verzion

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep

some thing weird is going on with your kitchen for some reason it crashs and says the payload cant be found but its a fresh copy both 4.9 & 5.0 not sure but i think it may be my laptop i think i have to format this will be a first in three years
Old 07-05-2009, 02:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

BFL555 is just getting started

Is there a way to have current S2A replaced with two push buttons instead? Love S2A but need regular push buttons for someone.

Thank you
Old 07-05-2009, 04:02 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EvoLTE,3D, Iphone 4s

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingArthur View Post
I just found out at work that internet sharing in the new 21501(7-1) doesn't work(at least for me it didn't). I flashed back to shipped and tried the rom again and it still didn't work. I had to use the 4.7 kitchen. It was saying that something was missing from the program. I copied the OEM from the 4.7 kitchen and it still wouldn't work.

So I am trying to say is that something else is causing it not to work in v5 kitchen.

if its the same error i got just press ok then reopen ICS and click connect.
it only gave me that error if i chose internet sharing when i plugged in my USB
Old 07-05-2009, 10:01 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by powe6563 View Post
Hey I'm trying to compress the Rhodium XBmod OEM rom the kitchen and I have an issue. The cfc compression looks for all the manila.exe files and .dll files in the OEM, however in this kitchen those filess are in the sperate manila engine folder. Can I just copy the all files from engine to the Rhodium folder and keep them all in one folder? If not can I move over the files that need to be compressed then move them back to the engine folder after?

That's because all Rhodium & HD manilas are CFC compressed already

Old 07-05-2009, 02:52 PM
intx is the sexiest VIP
Pocket PC: Hero

intx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to intx Send a message via Yahoo to intx

Alright I'm stumped.

Using 21501 kitchen.

Cooked a few roms no problem, go to cook up a new one with some added packages.

Every time i get an error saying it cannot find imageinfo.bin in my temp/dump/Applications System- psShutXP for Power Button.

I've tried cooking it in, tryed cooking without it. Tried placing a imageinfo.bin in there, tried deleting all the files in temp manually.

I've tried everything.

This is so bizarre and I can't cook up a new release because of it.

muy frustrated =[

Donate if you like my work!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom