PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2009, 11:12 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero & Touch Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

PMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Jun 30 ] [ 23001 \ 21051 ] [ v5 ] Calkulin's Kitchen & ROMs

Searched with no luck, but is there a fix for the YouTube bug yet? Also how would I go about trimming the fat on a ROM from this kitchen? I'd like to get rid of the avetar pics and some of the ring/alarm/alert tones and stuff like that that I dont need. I'm new to cooking my own stuff so I have no idea where to look for those files or anything.

PMD ROMz - Please hit the Thanks button if I've helped you!

Last edited by PMDColeslaw; 07-02-2009 at 11:43 AM.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond, former Touch vogue
Carrier: Sprint

egriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by powe6563 View Post
Searched with no luck, but is there a fix for the YouTube bug yet? Also how would I go about trimming the fat on a ROM from this kitchen? I'd like to get rid of the avetar pics and some of the ring/alarm/alert tones and stuff like that that I dont need. I'm new to cooking my own stuff so I have no idea where to look for those files or anything.
My youtube issues seem to be corrected with calc's updated kitchen posted yesterday. I believe you should be able to find the avatar files among the sys or rom files and delete them.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:57 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

PMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by egriffin View Post
My youtube issues seem to be corrected with calc's updated kitchen posted yesterday. I believe you should be able to find the avatar files among the sys or rom files and delete them.
Ok thanks, I used the updated kitchen to build this ROM last night and I'm still having the YouTube issues "Cannot play this video"

Can anyone tell me the difference between a ROM and a Protected ROM? I searched and found similar questions but no answer.

Last edited by PMDColeslaw; 07-02-2009 at 01:14 PM.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:24 AM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Ok thanks, I used the updated kitchen to build this ROM last night and I'm still having the YouTube issues "Cannot play this video"

Can anyone tell me the difference between a ROM and a Protected ROM? I searched and found similar questions but no answer.
Protected rom strips the dsm files, which means you can't easily dump and decompile it into usable parts for cooking.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:24 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
Protected rom strips the dsm files, which means you can't easily dump and decompile it into usable parts for cooking.
Ahh thanks! Is it any lighter on memory or anything? Icant seem to cook a 6.5 Rom without getting critical memory errors unless I leave out all the goodies.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:53 AM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Quote:
Ahh thanks! Is it any lighter on memory or anything? Icant seem to cook a 6.5 Rom without getting critical memory errors unless I leave out all the goodies.
Because all of the DSM's are stripped out, it saves storage space, but does not impact program memory.

In fact, one of the initial reasons to strip out the DSMs was to regain that storage memory, as the first PocketPC's were very, very limited on storage and program memory, as compared to what we have available to us, today.

Best regards,
-boggsie
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:20 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
Because all of the DSM's are stripped out, it saves storage space, but does not impact program memory.

In fact, one of the initial reasons to strip out the DSMs was to regain that storage memory, as the first PocketPC's were very, very limited on storage and program memory, as compared to what we have available to us, today.

Best regards,
-boggsie
Thanks! I've noticed that I only get critical low memory warnings when my storage memory drops below 10mb so hopfully stripping the DSM's will help.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff

Quote:
I still get the same issue even with his new kitchen, it does not matter how I cook the ROM or what I put in it. what avatars do you speak of and what exactly was the problem?

P.S was ICS removed? When I try to use it says "The file 'IntShr' cannot be opened"
Old 07-03-2009, 03:03 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post

Best regards,
-boggsie
Considering how tiny dsms are (usually less than 2kb), it's not really going to save any real space. You'd save more space by removing one ringtone than you do by stripping dsm files.

Quote:
Thanks! I've noticed that I only get critical low memory warnings when my storage memory drops below 10mb so hopfully stripping the DSM's will help.
It won't. Remove some of that bloatware from your rom, and cab install some apps to internal storage, if you need to save space.
Old 07-03-2009, 03:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EvoLTE,3D, Iphone 4s

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnicronx View Post
I still get the same issue even with his new kitchen, it does not matter how I cook the ROM or what I put in it. what avatars do you speak of and what exactly was the problem?

P.S was ICS removed? When I try to use it says "The file 'IntShr' cannot be opened"

i was just using ICS this morning, its still in the rom i cooked and working just fine.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom