PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2009, 09:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g
Carrier: Sprint

Tenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Tenny
Re: [ Jun 23 ] [ v5.0 ] [ 21051 & 21815 ] Calkulin's Kitchen & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
I dont restore my messages with pim backup but I have noticed after extensive texting that it will decrease in speed gradually to almost a crawl just to exit sms. I am using arcsoft picture mail, dont know if that has something to do with it but it was one of the major reasons I quit using 6.5.
Same thing... I was using sprint picture mail though. That's the main reason I quit 6.5. I put 6.5 on a friends phone, she said it did the same thing, but it eventually got faster, though I doubt it.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

Misfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
I've had this problem on every build of any 6.5 rom i've used (including 210820) and have yet to find a fix for it or a rom without it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k4mach View Post
same here, im wondering if its maybe the amount of messages i have that i restore via PIMbackup.

luckily i use the txt msging in the rhodium manilla 99.5% of the time and its been working pefectly.
Quote:
I dont restore my messages with pim backup but I have noticed after extensive texting that it will decrease in speed gradually to almost a crawl just to exit sms. I am using arcsoft picture mail, dont know if that has something to do with it but it was one of the major reasons I quit using 6.5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenny View Post
Same thing... I was using sprint picture mail though. That's the main reason I quit 6.5. I put 6.5 on a friends phone, she said it did the same thing, but it eventually got faster, though I doubt it.
So it seems to be a pretty common issue. I wonder what is causing it/if it can be fixed. I have noticed it on all of the recent builds as well. Win 6.5 with no manila installed.

If you are a fan of my work, please feel free to .

Misfortune Taskbar v2.0

Misfortune Taskbar v1.0

Old 06-30-2009, 09:48 AM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Other than the obvious method (upstream haxors hexing the dsm's) how do we go from 21820 to 23001 in a couple of days?

Best regards,
-boggsie

Quote:
any idea when you will have a 21820 up?
Old 06-30-2009, 10:12 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
Other than the obvious method (upstream haxors hexing the dsm's) how do we go from 21820 to 23001 in a couple of days?

Best regards,
-boggsie
yeah, I was wondering about Calkunlin's 21820 then I saw other people had 23001 up, so I used 21820 for a grand total of like one day. 23001 is a really good build tho, I actually have not experienced the txt freeze we've been talking about and it seems to work faster, not to mention it seems there's a battery improvement becuase streaming for an hour barely drained 20% where it used to drain over half! But I like Calkunin's roms because it seems to be the best mix of 6.5 and tf3d (with the least number of things going wrong) so we'll see when he puts up a 23001 or the next build that comes out tomorrow...
Old 06-30-2009, 10:49 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
yeah, I was wondering about Calkunlin's 21820 then I saw other people had 23001 up, so I used 21820 for a grand total of like one day. 23001 is a really good build tho, I actually have not experienced the txt freeze we've been talking about and it seems to work faster, not to mention it seems there's a battery improvement becuase streaming for an hour barely drained 20% where it used to drain over half! But I like Calkunin's roms because it seems to be the best mix of 6.5 and tf3d (with the least number of things going wrong) so we'll see when he puts up a 23001 or the next build that comes out tomorrow...
I know you mentioned text "freezing" but what about sms progressively lagging after extensive texting? Thanks. I really want to get a 6.5 build running but cant take that lag in sms.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 06-30-2009, 10:50 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenny View Post
Thank you for responding. This proves to me that it isnt arcsoft causing the lag after a while.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:08 AM

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
I know you mentioned text "freezing" but what about sms progressively lagging after extensive texting? Thanks. I really want to get a 6.5 build running but cant take that lag in sms.
well i loaded all my old txt conversations wtih PIMbackup and as yet have had no txt issues (I just flashed it yesterday). so far it seems to be stable, and I do have a lot of long txt threads already saved. Have not had any issues with picturemail. Currently using DaReeseBoy's 23001
Old 06-30-2009, 02:46 PM

Re: [ Jun 30 ] [ v5 ] [ 23001 \ 21051 ] Calkulin's Kitchen & ROMs

nevermind it just froze on the text screen again. Hopefully someone will figure this thing out.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero & Touch Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

PMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Is there a way to remove the titanium (Windows Default) system from the ROM? I know you can remove TFlo so I figured there was a way to remove the other. I use TFlo only so no need to have the titanium program using up space.

PMD ROMz - Please hit the Thanks button if I've helped you!
Old 06-30-2009, 03:14 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by powe6563 View Post
Is there a way to remove the titanium (Windows Default) system from the ROM? I know you can remove TFlo so I figured there was a way to remove the other. I use TFlo only so no need to have the titanium program using up space.
No way to remove Titanium. It's an integral part of the Mobile OS.
TF3D is actually a shell created by HTC that goes "over" Titanium.
Think of Titanium as Windows XP and TF3D as a shell like WindowBlinds.

This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom