PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2009, 12:17 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Jun 12 \ 21051 & 21812 v4.9 ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.6 & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatgel View Post
I remember many kitchens back when IE6 was first introduced that I tried to cook with no IE and it made a lot of problems ... remember, the kitchen had 2 IEs you could pick from. I think it screws things up if you don't have it.
yeah i remember that too. was just checking to see if it was still necessary. Thanks Mgel!

anyone know about the 2nd part of my question: is there a list of 'stock' WM apps that can be removed without creating issues in the ROM? Things like Tasks, Windows Media, Streaming Media etc...

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 06-17-2009, 02:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

i don't know of a pre-existing list, but there's only 1 way to find out! lol
Old 06-17-2009, 05:40 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHKis View Post
i don't know of a pre-existing list, but there's only 1 way to find out! lol
yeah i guess i'll be the trailblazer then lol... so long as it doesnt blaze my phone!
Old 06-17-2009, 08:27 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Well it looks like the YouTube not playing issue is SIP dependant, so I will have to look at it tomorrow. Please post what SIP you have installed, if you have issues or not, so far I know fingerkeyboard by itself works, savage & nokian breaks it,

Old 06-17-2009, 08:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2... Da Bomb!
Carrier: VZW... Can U @&^&!# Hear Me Now!

DigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to DigitalAttic Send a message via MSN to DigitalAttic Send a message via Skype™ to DigitalAttic
Exclamation Re: [ Jun 12 \ 21051 & 21812 v4.9 ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.6 & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calkulin View Post
Well it looks like the YouTube not playing issue is SIP dependant, so I will have to look at it tomorrow. Please post what SIP you have installed, if you have issues or not, so far I know fingerkeyboard by itself works, savage & nokian breaks it,
Hey Calk,

I posted this over at your TP thread but never got a response back. Seems SIP related issues are more prevalent than this. Like I said, why SIP festers in sound corruption is beyond me, but the Rhodium ports would seem to be a root cause.

BTW, did you ever get the donation I sent a few weeks back: I PMed you about it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've seen a # of posts concerning weird/intermittent Opera and sound file corruption and I have experienced the same issues, but until today I couldn't seem to isolate the problem, even after extensive registry analysis... I finally/painstakingly went thru all my app installs one-by-one and found MY issues related to Phatware Calligrapher, or more precisely, the default SIP.

The issues reared their ugly heads when I had Calli automatically replace the default Savage SIP. Having Calli as my default SIP caused BOTH Opera and corrupt sound file issues and believe me this has been a hell-of-a problem to troubleshoot, as everything else works perfectly, Calli included. I just causes these issues when I have it replace the default Savage SIP. I have 50+ apps installed and none of them has caused any issue like this weird one.

I also find that ANY other SIP installed; eg, FKB will not be accepted from the SIP change bar.

I had originally been using Merdin's Black SIP until Calk changed to Savage from FKB by default, and that's when my issues arose.

Now, I'm not sure why this happens w/Savage, and I am going to cook a ROM with Merdin instead of Savage and see if the issue goes away, but as of now, anyone experiencing these weird Opera and sound file corruption issues should investigate their SIP default or any additional SIPs installed to replace default and troubleshoot from there. I will report on my SIP troubleshooting if I find any significant materiel to add here.

Update: I confirm the issue is indeed w/Savage SIP v4.5; I have tested Savage v1.0 w and w/o arrows and they both work, and I'm now using Savage v1.0 w/arrows SIP and also using CooTek TouchPal, Phatware Calligrapher, Vito Zoom Board and FKB SIP w/no further issues.

Calk, why would the Savage v4.5 SIP cause this issue?
I spent over a week trying to figure out what the root issue of this was, and finding it is a SIP issue was the most offbase WM technical surprise I've had in awhile. There seems to be no real underlying tech reason for this other than the Tachi Dialer and Savage SIP are both Rhodium extracts. I would never have thought corrupt sound files would be related to the choice of a SIP, and I did try swapping the Tachi Dialer to SLA with no resolution. It was only a direct recook w/o Savage SIP that finally solved BOTH Opera and ringtone issues.

If my post helps you, please hit the "Thanks" button... it's free and I need the rep!

Last edited by DigitalAttic; 06-18-2009 at 02:31 AM. Reason: Tested All SIPs: Savage 4.5 SIP is NG!
Old 06-17-2009, 10:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

mjhuffer is keeping up the good workmjhuffer is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calkulin View Post
I was having the no playing issue but I was using the Savage no arrows 2.0 from your 4.6 kitchen because that what worked the best. I'm going to rebuild with FingerKeyboard since that is my second choice keyboard. I really hope you get things worked out with the Savage Keyboards.

Edit*: I'm getting the error with FingerKeyboard also (cooked by itself)...maybe it has something to do with DShow

Last edited by mjhuffer; 06-17-2009 at 11:51 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EvoLTE,3D, Iphone 4s

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach

no issue with youtube on 21812 with savage 4.5 and finger keyboard.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

lazyboy0172 is keeping up the good worklazyboy0172 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to lazyboy0172 Send a message via MSN to lazyboy0172

i get an integer error when trying to build a rom with 4.9a, what have i done??
Old 06-18-2009, 08:42 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One

chino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to chino331 Send a message via Skype™ to chino331

no issue with Youtube and I cooked in the savage 4.5 keyboard on the 21051. I did have an issue with Youtube where it wouldn't play when cooking with the 21812 sys,
Old 06-18-2009, 09:00 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

21812 is the one I'm noticing the issue because I cook a ROM with the savage or nikoan and it refuses to play but I build exactly the same ROM with just fingerkeyboard and it plays just fine. I'm working on it now tho, so I should have it fixed here shortly
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom