PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2009, 04:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Slimicus is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Jun 12 \ 21051 & 21812 v4.9 ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.6 & ROMs

Well, I changed the pagepool 24, renamed the rom file to DIAMIMG.nbh and copied it to the root of the internal storage on the phone. I checked the md5 hash for the hard drive copy and the copy on the phone, and they match, but when I enter the bootloader, it only gives me the serial/usb option. It won't load the rom from internal storage.

Any ideas? The file was packaged in a 7-zip file, and it seemed to extract properly, but I don't know any other way to check the unzipped rom is valid and not corrupt. I also noticed only 10 other people had downloaded 4.9a, so has anyone else been able to flash 4.9a from internal storage?
Old 06-14-2009, 04:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One

chino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to chino331 Send a message via Skype™ to chino331

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimicus View Post
Well, I changed the pagepool 24, renamed the rom file to DIAMIMG.nbh and copied it to the root of the internal storage on the phone. I checked the md5 hash for the hard drive copy and the copy on the phone, and they match, but when I enter the bootloader, it only gives me the serial/usb option. It won't load the rom from internal storage.

Any ideas? The file was packaged in a 7-zip file, and it seemed to extract properly, but I don't know any other way to check the unzipped rom is valid and not corrupt. I also noticed only 10 other people had downloaded 4.9a, so has anyone else been able to flash 4.9a from internal storage?
To flash from the internal storage, gotta do it a little differently: Pull the battery out from the phone and put back in. Press and hold down the back arrow button on the phone, and while holding down that back arrow press and hold down the power button and the down volume button. You should get a message stating to press the power button to flash.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

nitefall is just getting started

I flashed with 4.9 wm6.5 and everything seems to work great haven't had any problems yet.
The only complaint I have is I have to push down and hold for longer than usually in apps like file explorer to select something, Normally you can just tap it and it works anyone have a suggestion?
Before you say it too I did NOT select touchflo in the kitchen but I may cook again to make sure.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:09 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitefall View Post
I flashed with 4.9 wm6.5 and everything seems to work great haven't had any problems yet.
The only complaint I have is I have to push down and hold for longer than usually in apps like file explorer to select something, Normally you can just tap it and it works anyone have a suggestion?
Before you say it too I did NOT select touchflo in the kitchen but I may cook again to make sure.
I adjusted my screen sensitivity in the registry and that helped --

HKLM/Drivers/TouchPanel/PressureThreshold

I changed it to 80866 (I found this number at XDA; there are a lot of theories; YMMV)

Hope this helps.

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EvoLTE,3D, Iphone 4s

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitefall View Post

i havent experienced any issues with 4.9a now 4.9 i had those exact issues
Old 06-14-2009, 07:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

nitefall is just getting started

I'm probably going to reflash just not sure with Calk's or grooves which is made from Calk's but has alot more memory after a flash
Old 06-14-2009, 07:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

kmatthews is just getting started

What is Auto Update in the kitchen?
Old 06-14-2009, 07:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One

chino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to chino331 Send a message via Skype™ to chino331

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmatthews View Post
What is Auto Update in the kitchen?
The auto update is kind of like Windows Update on the PC. It's supposed to automatically or manually download updates for Windows Mobile... but in my 3+ years of having a PPC it's never downloaded 1 update for me lol

Last edited by chino331; 06-14-2009 at 08:24 PM.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

kmatthews is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino331 View Post
The auto update is kind of like Windows Update on the PC. It's supposed to automatically download updates for Windows Mobile... but in my 3+ years of having a PPC it's never downloaded 1 update for me lol

Ok, thanks for the quick reply.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Slimicus is a n00b

Has anyone else had this problem? This was after a fresh install, no customizations, and a hard reset.

I was actually trying to find a way to shrink the selection bar down to normal size, and was just clicking through the start items. When I came back to the home screen, the display was corrupted like this. Everytime you slide the screen around the area outside the selector smears with copy overs.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom