PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2009, 12:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: LG Optimus S
Carrier: Sprint

KingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ May 4 \ 21043(6.1) & 21502(6.5) v4.7 RC ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.6 & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHKis View Post
are you cooking your own rom in the kitchen? if you're just flashing the roms, the OEMs aren't gonna do you any good unless you're looking to load them w/package loader.

check out rstoyguy's VGA OEM's thread - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47505

what applications are you looking to update? a little more info would help
Thanks...I see he has a tutorial on making OEM out of cab. I gonna give that a try.

Quote:
I don't think it's personal. Sometimes people are just working on their own items / issues, and don't have an answer for your questions. Happens to all of us.

If you're looking for updates to Titanium Weather and other Titanium apps, i suggest you head over to the development and hacking forum on xda-developers. That's where the original developers are posting.

But that being said, if you have found the cabs you're looking for, why not use the tools in the kitchen to create OEM's.

I was thinking that no one had time for a noob trying to cook in the kitchen. I have made a couple of ROM in Calk's kitchen and they worked great but now I'm trying to use the 21031 sys and get the newer version of Titanium Weather 4.2. The kitchen has 4.1.

There is alot I don't know...like how to get my name to show in the ROM like everyone else. I'll kept working with it.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EvoLTE,3D, Iphone 4s

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingArthur View Post
There is alot I don't know...like how to get my name to show in the ROM like everyone else. I'll kept working with it.

go back a few pages in this thread, there was some posts about that with links to threads on how to change it....
Old 05-15-2009, 02:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: CDMA Diamond

Sailrace is keeping up the good workSailrace is keeping up the good work

Most of the information you will need, including the name changes, are discussed and posted. Use the "Search this thread" tool at the top for specific keywords, and you should find everything you need.

I will say this...i have not bothered with the name change piece - for two reasons - i don't have the time / ability to maintain my own ROM for public consumption, therefore have never cared much about the name. but more importantly, i feel that Calkulin has done so much for us rookie and novice chefs with the work he does with porting and the kitchen, etc, that i am more than happy to give him all the props for his work.

As far as i'm concerned, i'm just using his (and others') tools, so i don't think i can take credit for any of it.

Have i figured some things out on my own, yes, absolutely, but its only because of Calku that it's been possible.

In general, the people around here are more than happy to help novice chef's out, so just ask away. If you don't get an answer, it's either because people missed it, or don't know.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

KingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailrace View Post
Most of the information you will need, including the name changes, are discussed and posted. Use the "Search this thread" tool at the top for specific keywords, and you should find everything you need.

I will say this...i have not bothered with the name change piece - for two reasons - i don't have the time / ability to maintain my own ROM for public consumption, therefore have never cared much about the name. but more importantly, i feel that Calkulin has done so much for us rookie and novice chefs with the work he does with porting and the kitchen, etc, that i am more than happy to give him all the props for his work.

As far as i'm concerned, i'm just using his (and others') tools, so i don't think i can take credit for any of it.

Have i figured some things out on my own, yes, absolutely, but its only because of Calku that it's been possible.

In general, the people around here are more than happy to help novice chef's out, so just ask away. If you don't get an answer, it's either because people missed it, or don't know.

Yeah your right about calk's kitchen and his credit, plus his is easier to use than some others. I got the wild idea to put my name in there because I was thinking of making a ROM for Cricket users like me. Everyone has a Sprint, Alltel, Telus...etc. But I thought about it...I don't have enough knowledge about fixing problems or answering questions.

Thanks everyone for your help.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch and TP2

sadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

anyone got the htc youtube to work? i havent been able to get youtube to work with the latest kitchen. would anyone confirm that it works for them and it is an issue on my end? thx
Old 05-15-2009, 10:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: SPRINT

msl7052 is becoming a great contributor

can anyone tell me what the oem or file is necessary to make the larger window pane on titanium scroll ?
Old 05-15-2009, 11:06 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

I've been trying for a while to get a proper ROM using the v4.7 Kitchen and the 21231SYS. No end of errors. Calkulin mentioned a little while back that he was working on one- I guess I'll have to wait for whatever magic he does to make these things work. I've gotten errors from selections for Voice Command, OEM Drivers & god knows what else. Every time I de-select what seems to be the problem, another pops up.
I'm on my fifth try now and this is my last for the evening.

On another note...
I'm using DryBonz ROM and disabled Rhodium. Pretty darn good. The only thing that I still see that I thought was Rhodium but maybe isn't... when an appointment reminder comes up, I should have the choice do dismiss or snooze; when snooze is tapped, I should have a popup menu for how long to snooze for. These last few WM6.5 and/or Rhodium ROMs that I've tried all just default to snoozing for 5 minutes. Anyone know what, if anything, I can select or NOT select to get the options back for how long I snooze that reminder?

Old 05-15-2009, 11:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre/Touch Diamond

scrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadthai View Post
anyone got the htc youtube to work? i havent been able to get youtube to work with the latest kitchen. would anyone confirm that it works for them and it is an issue on my end? thx
youtube works fine for me. first thing i would do is delete the youtube folder in internal storage and try again since that may be from a different version and clashing with the current one in calk's kitchen.
Old 05-16-2009, 12:34 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

I have finally learn to make OEM's out of cab. I'm OEMing everything

Can I do a carrier cab? If I can... what category in the OEM creator do I put it? Where do I put it in my OEM folder?
Old 05-16-2009, 01:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2/Diamond

lostcausnjtown is keeping up the good worklostcausnjtown is keeping up the good worklostcausnjtown is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to lostcausnjtown Send a message via Yahoo to lostcausnjtown

You can OEM a carrier cab or have it run in autorun on first boot(this was the method I used on my vogue with Vetvito's Kitchen...ah the good ole' days lol). Just make sure that none of the other OEM's you have selected contain the same or duplicate files because you will get error's as your probably already know.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom