PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2009, 06:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond, former Touch vogue
Carrier: Sprint

egriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Apr 24 \ 21043(6.1) & 21501(6.5) v4.6.4 ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.6 & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dornier View Post
Hi,

I went to post #5849, but the post is asking the same question. The next post addresses the the Pro, but I have a Sprint Diamond. Any chance of a working link? Would love to try this ROM.

Thanks,

GP
Sorry, try post #5839. That is definitely a link to a mirror for kitchen 4.6.4a.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:25 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
But it's not really about it being cooked into the rom. You can cook it into the rom via a reg entry, but if it's already in the XIP it's a no go. You can easily overwrite the reg entries from the rom is it's not in the XIP.
Good point of clarification. Most of the time I use BePe's latest basic rom kitchen and as you're certainly aware, the xip is broken out like the SYS and OEM, so modifying boot_ms.rgu is as simple and straightforward as modifying an rgu from a SYS or OEM package. In this context it's (the updated rgu in the xip) baked into the rom, just as any of the other SYS or OEM packages.

As you're clarifying, this isn't the case with most of the other kitchens so creating an OEM or editing a SYS package to contain these settings would be pointless. It would be baked into the rom, but superceeded by whatever is tucked away in boot_ms.rgu in the xip.

Best regards,
-boggsie
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Sorry for the delay in posting the kitchen but I haven't been home this weekend, so here it is. I'll post the change log later when I have more time,

Calkulin's Diamond 21502 Kitchen (v4.7) RC

Calkulin's Diamond 21502 ROM (v4.7) RC

This post has been thanked 13 times.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

lazyboy0172 is keeping up the good worklazyboy0172 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to lazyboy0172 Send a message via MSN to lazyboy0172

downloading now, thanks buddy
by the way, what's up with 2501 to 21215 to 21502? i thought 21215 was newer than 21502, and quite frankly now i'm confused by all of it. what the deal is yo?
Old 05-03-2009, 08:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calkulin View Post
Sorry for the delay in posting the kitchen but I haven't been home this weekend, so here it is. I'll post the change log later when I have more time,
Sweet... thanks, Calc.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:13 PM
VIP Member

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyboy0172 View Post
downloading now, thanks buddy
by the way, what's up with 2501 to 21215 to 21502? i thought 21215 was newer than 21502, and quite frankly now i'm confused by all of it. what the deal is yo?
If it's anything like the way the Windows 7 beta is going, there are separate development branches, with different numbering systems... so a release with a lower version number can be newer/better.

Also there are a couple hacked/fake ones that somebody attached version numbers to as well...

So it does get a little confusing, but I'm sure Calc has tested them both and is including the one that works best.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:53 PM
VIP Member

Error with new kitchen... missing os.nb.payload from rom folder... even though it seems to be there...

Can anyone help me on that one?

Thanks.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: treo 700wx-->HTC TOUCH DIAMOND
Carrier: SPRINT

biggaboo is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by egriffin View Post
Sorry, try post #5839. That is definitely a link to a mirror for kitchen 4.6.4a.
that's just the same link that's on the 1st post and the person asking for a mirror...not actually a mirror

DIAMOND
Old 05-03-2009, 08:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC ONE
Carrier: Ting

Mystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
Error with new kitchen... missing os.nb.payload from rom folder... even though it seems to be there...

Can anyone help me on that one?

Thanks.
Everything is working out fine for me.
What are you trying to do, just build the ROM?
Old 05-03-2009, 08:59 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
Everything is working out fine for me.
What are you trying to do, just build the ROM?
Yeah.

Everything I touch today seems to be breaking.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom