PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2009, 01:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

opuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Apr 21 \ 21501 v4.6.2a ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.6 & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartjo06 View Post
Why didn't you just use the original 4.6.2a kitchen in its working downloaded fashion? If I understand correctly, all those folders you moved basically make up the whole "rom" anyways, so it's not like you're trying to use a different sys/oem combo. Also, what program are you using to extract the folders, I've heard some programs like 7z lately are having problems with the kitchens, I use winrar personally and it works flawless everytime, no errors here. Hope this may help you out a little...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
What problem were you having using the new sys with the new kitchen?
Using just the downloaded kitchen everything goes fine until I close the selection window. It tries to run G'Reloc and I get the 2 attached errors. This only started happening with the 4.6.1 kitchen. The 4.5 kitchen still works so I tried copying the SYS and OEM folders over but received the same error. By doing this I have eliminated G'Reloc being the problem and have narrowed it down to something in one of these folders.
Attached Images
File Type: png greloc error.PNG (18.3 KB, 14 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg greloc error2.jpg (9.8 KB, 11 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-22-2009, 02:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

What OEMs are you adding to the kitchen?

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by opuscroakus View Post
Using just the downloaded kitchen everything goes fine until I close the selection window. It tries to run G'Reloc and I get the 2 attached errors. This only started happening with the 4.6.1 kitchen. The 4.5 kitchen still works so I tried copying the SYS and OEM folders over but received the same error. By doing this I have eliminated G'Reloc being the problem and have narrowed it down to something in one of these folders.
Use the new kitchen. Indagroove posted a fix for the older kitchens with this problem earlier in the thread, but you won't get this if you are using the most recent kitchen with the most recent sys.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker

opuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartjo06 View Post
Also, what program are you using to extract the folders, I've heard some programs like 7z lately are having problems with the kitchens, I use winrar personally and it works flawless everytime, no errors here. Hope this may help you out a little...
This was the fix. Alzip wasn't completely unarchiving the kitchen. Downloaded WinRar, unarchived, all works well now.

Thanks all around. Also, might want to put on the first page to make sure and use WinRar to unpack. I tried 7-zip to unpack and had the same problem.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

mjhuffer is keeping up the good workmjhuffer is keeping up the good work

Can anybody tell me if the ringtone issue has been fixed? I've been staying with RC3a for awhile now because I kept getting that issue with the newer releases. I want to jump up to WM6.5 but I need my ringer.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:20 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by opuscroakus View Post
This was the fix. Alzip wasn't completely unarchiving the kitchen. Downloaded WinRar, unarchived, all works well now.

Thanks all around. Also, might want to put on the first page to make sure and use WinRar to unpack. I tried 7-zip to unpack and had the same problem.
Interesting. I have been using 7zip and havent run into problems. Ill keep this in mind if I do.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 04-22-2009, 02:21 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhuffer View Post
Can anybody tell me if the ringtone issue has been fixed? I've been staying with RC3a for awhile now because I kept getting that issue with the newer releases. I want to jump up to WM6.5 but I need my ringer.
It has been trumped already but I quit cooking in the rhodium ringers and havent had a ring issue since. Like I said, someone has already told me that they dont cook them in and still had the no ring issue. Just giving my .02 on what I have done and all has worked well.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhuffer View Post
Try converting your ringtone to a wav. I use wavs and have no issues.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

topperharley829 is just getting started

just flashed on touch diamond and it's running great. Well done.
Just a few problems so far..
1. first weather images seems to be cut off at the top.
2. someone else mentioned the "x" being tiny.
3. cannot get t9 working.
4. any way of getting the weather text (when not selected) to say the temp and the current conditions?
5. not a problem but any way of getting the 4 dots waiting cursor?

any input?

Thanks! :0)

okay so I soft reset phone and lost all icons in start menu. flashed back to stock rom and flashing again

Last edited by topperharley829; 04-22-2009 at 03:23 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

sybe is becoming a great contributor

Cal- I noticed you added the opera oem to the titanium weather oem, can we have them sepearted so it is easier to upgrade?

When i manually upgrade the weather addon to 3.1 it broke the fav contact addon and opera. I had to reinstall all of the cabs and make manual edits to the registry to readd opera.

Also I noticed anytime 6.5 starts the start menu says "message" and the phone is unresponsive until i click on it, then it changes to Start and the phone works. Is there a way to disable it?

On a side note if people are having issue with disabling titanium and the start menu becomes unresponsive, reinstall the cabs for titanium 3.1 and opera. Once i updated i had no problems with the today screen.

Last edited by sybe; 04-22-2009 at 02:56 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom