PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2009, 11:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Cordy is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Apr 21 \ 21501 v4.6.2a ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.6 & ROMs

Hey Calk, just wanted to say thanks for the kitchen. I never really had interest in putting a custom rom on my diamond until sprint released their maintenance rom which had a lot of irritating bugs. You're current kitchen is running great for me. One thing I noticed using the TP2 Manilla with 6.5 was that when I got a text the contacts name wasn't present just their number, however if I were to go to the contact and look at texts it would show the text with their name. Also When trying to add a picture to My Contact Card the link to the Album does not work but the link to camera will. Wondering if it's an issue with TF3D itself or something that can be fixed?
Old 04-22-2009, 12:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

sybe is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldostang View Post
i have a bug or maybe something i did wrong, but it happened with me with 4.6.2 and 4.6.2a. with 4.6.2 i installed Nikoan89 No Arrows Diamond-Touch Pro 2 EzInput and with 4.6.2a i installed Savage25rcracer No Arrows Diamond-Touch Pro 2 EzInput. with both i tried to use the phone keypad to text but when i select phone keypad, i get the compact qwerty. is there a cab to fix this or do you all think i selected something wrong?

i'm using the kitchen by the way.
I would flash back to a stock rom and recook using the Nikoan89 keyboard, make sure you dont have any other keyboards selected. I have been using that keyboard without any issue.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:13 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by binder7 View Post
I have noticed the same thing. No matter if i select Nikoan89's keyboard or savage25cracers keyboard i still end up with the one that has the compact qwerty and no phone keypad. Any fix for this. Did both OEMs get replaced with Nikoan's maybe.
Thanks
I would say just download the Kitchen that had the working Nikoan keyboard or whichever one you are wanting to use, delete the same one from the kitchen you want to use and replace it with the keyboard from the working kitchen.

May be confusing. Sorry. Lol.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!

Last edited by KBZL; 04-22-2009 at 12:15 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

ldostang is keeping up the good workldostang is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by sybe View Post
I would flash back to a stock rom and recook using the Nikoan89 keyboard, make sure you dont have any other keyboards selected. I have been using that keyboard without any issue.
yeah i did flash 4.6.2 twice when i noticed it the first time so when i downloaded 4.6.2a i decided to use savageracers and had the same problem. and i always flash to stock first and do 2 hard resets after.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

WarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartjo06 View Post
I love the new kitchen, I've been trying it pretty much since the release and it's by far the best working 6.5 rom yet IMO. With that said, there's nothing like a stable 21028 sys along with HD manilla... for me, the older 6.1 sys' with a stable manilla provide the best rom I've had to date. But, amazing work on this kithen Calc, you're miles ahead of all the other 6.5 roms out there, keep up the good work.
I have to agree.

HD Manilla running a stable 21028 build is fast and dependable. Nothing beats TF3D for getting to my phone's functionality fast without hitches and bugs.

The only bugger for me is that for my particular IMAP server it only works in 6.5, so I'm stuck trying to find a good 6.5 rom that's only running HD manilla (and not the sweet, impressive, yet slow, buggy Rhodium).

I tried flashing Calk's 6.5 and then cabbing in HD manilla but nothing showed up in my today screen items for TF3D!? I suppose I could cook my own ROM with Calk's great kitchen... but I've never done it and the unknown is my barrier to entry.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vogue/diamond/hero/evo
Carrier: sprint

trakas is keeping up the good worktrakas is keeping up the good work

Hi Calcu,
thanks for best up to date kitchen! can You make a cab for for processor speed,or share Your expierence ,pls?How can we improove batterys with it?thanks
Old 04-22-2009, 12:32 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quick question for sprint users. Do you think it is better to cook in sprint carrier instead of generic carrier? Reason I ask is that I am wondering if this might be causing my Arcsoft picmail problems. Thanks
Old 04-22-2009, 12:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

ldostang is keeping up the good workldostang is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
I would say just download the Kitchen that had the working Nikoan keyboard or whichever one you are wanting to use, delete the same one from the kitchen you want to use and replace it with the keyboard from the working kitchen.

May be confusing. Sorry. Lol.
nah its not confusing but didnt think about that. and dont want to hard reset again. i just finished setting up all my panels. i just fixed it by installing the cab that was posted earlier in this thread.

thanks
Old 04-22-2009, 12:37 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldostang View Post
nah its not confusing but didnt think about that. and dont want to hard reset again. i just finished setting up all my panels. i just fixed it by installing the cab that was posted earlier in this thread.

thanks
Cool. That works too.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

i'm having issues w/the BT OnOff on 21501... not sure if it's the BT or just the icons not showing.

i'll report back when i get a chance to look into it further.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom