PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2009, 11:12 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Apr 15 \ 21042 & 21210 v4.6.1 ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.6 & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilestdevil View Post
Need help not sure whats happening. When i flashed the rom it worked normal for a few hours till next day. I found my phone turned off, when i turned it on i got tons of errors from finger keybord not working error or screen resolution error. So i reflash it and it works for a while then starts to freeze up and shuts off again and constantly does it. The errors keep coming and changing to error skin not found and so on. Any idea why? o.o
sounds like you might need to flash back to the shipped rom
Old 04-16-2009, 11:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Does anyone happen to remember when the camera black screen and ringer issues were introduced? It's been a while since there was a changelog and I have lost track, myself...

Going back thru the thread this is the first time I remember seeing Calc mention the ringer issue... it was post 3811 in regard to 4.6 RC2, although people had been reporting it prior to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calkulin View Post
I haven't had this issue until the call I just received, so I removed the links for the time being until I fix this issue but it won't be tonight, sorry, as I have to leave now. I should have it fixed by tomorrow morning tho, I know what causes the issue, so it shouldn't take me that much time to fix
*edit* Hmm... and then just after that I posted this... which was the first time the camera bug was mentioned...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
Anyone else getting a black screen on their camera (4.6 RC2)?
Post 3817... also in regard to RC2.

I'm thinking roll back to RC1 and integrate the manila TP2 1D packages? Chefs, any thoughts? Only problem I see is that there was no changelog for RC1 so I can't remember for sure if there were any other major problems with that one.

*edit* It looks like 6.4.32007 was the camera used in RC1... that was the same build used in RC2 though. Would really like to pin down these 2 issues.

Last edited by Drybonz; 04-16-2009 at 11:43 AM.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

sybe is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock1909 View Post
and i feel the same about the Zip/RAR being much more beneficial.

I know its hard for you to believe but sometimes your opinions doesnt matter and in this case it should have been kept to yourself. Saying how you thanked him in the past is a piss poor excuse and doesnt give you the right to complain.

Judging from your angry post it shows that you like to complain about everything and anything, so congratulations! on being an angry person.

I appreciate the thank you but i dont want it, im not the type to care about public opinion or want X amount of thank you's to make my self esteme go up.

Anyway to get back on track, How is the new kitchen?
Old 04-16-2009, 12:10 PM
VIP Member

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sybe View Post
Anyway to get back on track
It kinda was until you posted that...
Old 04-16-2009, 12:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

sybe is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
It kinda was until you posted that...

eh, i apologise.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

Quote:
Does anyone happen to remember when the camera black screen and ringer issues were introduced? It's been a while since there was a changelog and I have lost track, myself...

*edit* It looks like 6.4.32007 was the camera used in RC1... that was the same build used in RC2 though. Would really like to pin down these 2 issues.

i haven't had the black camera issues & ringer/sms issues since the initial builds... (camera is working fine for me w/the 21210 4.6.1 kitchen calc posted)

i had great luck w/RC3a though... wish i could be more helpful
Old 04-16-2009, 12:27 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHKis View Post
i haven't had the black camera issues & ringer/sms issues since the initial builds... (camera is working fine for me w/the 21210 4.6.1 kitchen calc posted)

i had great luck w/RC3a though... wish i could be more helpful
Camera bug is intermittent, but I, personally, am getting it on 4.6.1, although my users haven't reported it yet... however, they are reporting ringer issues.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: CDMA Diamond

Sailrace is keeping up the good workSailrace is keeping up the good work

I'm really beginning to like 6.5 without Manila. I'm working on a ROM that has an OEM for Titanium Weather built in, and i've edited my UC to update it and the comm manager softkey automatically. I'll let you guys know if it works.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

bparvin is becoming a great contributor

I started using the 4.6.1 6.5 Rom yesterday and all was great. With the exception of first loading it is smoothest 6.5 rom I've used to date.

A bug I noticed yesterday is that sometimes when I change the .tsk it freezes the titanium interface and a soft reset is the only way I've found to recover from that.

This morning was the biggest worry. My alarm went off this morning, and I dismissed it and went on with my morning. I grab my phone later and its off. I turn it on and it goes into the first use step up. I follow it and then it errors out on next boot with finger keyboard errors and only way I got rid of it was a hard reset.

I am going to stick with this rom and hope the hard-reset was a fluke but it happens again I unfortunately will have to move on to a different rom. Hopefully this is a known issue and there is a fix that I just missed.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by bparvin View Post
I started using the 4.6.1 6.5 Rom yesterday and all was great. With the exception of first loading it is smoothest 6.5 rom I've used to date.

A bug I noticed yesterday is that sometimes when I change the .tsk it freezes the titanium interface and a soft reset is the only way I've found to recover from that.

This morning was the biggest worry. My alarm went off this morning, and I dismissed it and went on with my morning. I grab my phone later and its off. I turn it on and it goes into the first use step up. I follow it and then it errors out on next boot with finger keyboard errors and only way I got rid of it was a hard reset.

I am going to stick with this rom and hope the hard-reset was a fluke but it happens again I unfortunately will have to move on to a different rom. Hopefully this is a known issue and there is a fix that I just missed.
It is usually suggested that you flash to a shipped ROM from your carrier when things like that happen (random hard resets, etc.). Then you can flash to your new ROM of your choice. I don't know why or how it works to fix weird issues, but it does seem to help.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom