PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2010, 03:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ 11-10 ][ v4.2 ][ 6.5.x / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual VGA Kitchen & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mucky View Post
How do I go about adding a cab file to the UC. I tried looking into the OEMizer, but not sure how to use the autorun tab.

Also, still can't get Opera 10 to link to the internet tab for the default browser.

Thanks for the help,
Matt
For installing a cab during customizations, you need to edit config_operator.txt in your carrier folder. Add the line like
Code:
CAB: \Windows\Calkulins_Diamond_Tweaks.cab
between [LOCK:Enabled and LOCK: Disabled. For opera 10, I do not cook any version of opera in and just install it via a cab. It asks if it wants to be default during setup. It then launches from globe with sense 2.5 for me.

edit - this assumes you're cooking the cab into the ROM. If you want to install cabs from your internal storage automatically, look into SDAutoRun (search for threads here at ppcgeeks) or sashimi (what I use).

Last edited by mwalt2; 01-04-2010 at 03:06 PM.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

mucky is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
For installing a cab during customizations, you need to edit config_operator.txt in your carrier folder. Add the line like
Code:
CAB: \Windows\Calkulins_Diamond_Tweaks.cab
between [LOCK:Enabled and LOCK: Disabled. For opera 10, I do not cook any version of opera in and just install it via a cab. It asks if it wants to be default during setup. It then launches from globe with sense 2.5 for me.

edit - this assumes you're cooking the cab into the ROM. If you want to install cabs from your internal storage automatically, look into SDAutoRun (search for threads here at ppcgeeks) or sashimi (what I use).
Thanks for the info. I am installing Opera 10 as an EXT. even when I install it after the fact via a cab, it won't work. I did get the " do you want opera to be the default browser" and I hit yes, and it still didn't work. I have come to the assumption that it just may not be compatible with the 6.1 or non-sense ROM via the globe.
I have it linked to the RSK and it works fine, and I have Opera 9.5 linked to the globe.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

mucky is becoming a great contributor

I am having a problem adding contacts through the people tab, and trying to add a new email account from the mail tab. I have searched this thread and the internet to no avail. I found a couple posts about this issue, but found no solution. Did I not search well enough, I tried 6 different searches, or is there no fix for these issues. When I was using INTEX's ROM, these item worked.
Thanks for the help

Last edited by mucky; 01-07-2010 at 01:06 AM.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:27 AM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff

you know when you go to read an email and you have to download the pictures and then click download pictures again and sometimes a third time too. Anyway to make it so they do that in the backround so when you go to the email, its ready to be read?
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb71 View Post
you know when you go to read an email and you have to download the pictures and then click download pictures again and sometimes a third time too. Anyway to make it so they do that in the backround so when you go to the email, its ready to be read?
You need to go to the email options of the account in question and change the "Download size limit" to "Entire Message". Try going to through the Messaging option in start menu as this will use the WM interface and not manila.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I am installing Opera 10 as an EXT. even when I install it after the fact via a cab, it won't work. I did get the " do you want opera to be the default browser" and I hit yes, and it still didn't work. I have come to the assumption that it just may not be compatible with the 6.1 or non-sense ROM via the globe.
I have it linked to the RSK and it works fine, and I have Opera 9.5 linked to the globe.
Try this EXT package.. Will install to \windows\ to save space, and installs as default browser.. for winmo including all associations xml files, html files and such, and for manila globe.

Internet - Opera_Mobile_10_WM_beta_2.zip
Old 01-15-2010, 08:19 PM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
You need to go to the email options of the account in question and change the "Download size limit" to "Entire Message". Try going to through the Messaging option in start menu as this will use the WM interface and not manila.
I already had the "entire message" selected. that works for large emails but not for emails that display graphics. I don't see a Messaging option in the start menu.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc snap ceda100 s510
Carrier: Telus

Jadall is just getting started

yes I am sticking with a rom I built from caulkins but how do you make opera 10 beta 2 work on the manilla screen (cooked with 2.1 manilla) in other words if I understand it right I just have to change the link to opera 10 from opera 9.5 so it opens the internet because otherwise it just says. the file operaL cannot be opened.

and yes from prev posts it does work on sense 2.5 roms because someone fixed it/built if for opera10
Old 02-16-2010, 12:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

For those that were expecting at least one more kitchen, it doesn't look like it will happen, as personal life and increased workload have left me with very little time lately, so sorry if you were hoping for it but know that you can use a lot of OEMs from my WVGA kitchen and use them on VGA with very little work

This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:09 PM
R.I.P. B & Gary. 12/20/11
Pocket PC: JB 32GB iPhone 4 w/ 5.0.1
Carrier: VZW

Batman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: [ Discontinued ][ v4.2 ][ 6.5.x / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual VGA Kitchen & ROM

thanks for your work!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom