View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 03:03 PM
mwalt2
VIP Member

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ 11-10 ][ v4.2 ][ 6.5.x / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual VGA Kitchen & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mucky View Post
How do I go about adding a cab file to the UC. I tried looking into the OEMizer, but not sure how to use the autorun tab.

Also, still can't get Opera 10 to link to the internet tab for the default browser.

Thanks for the help,
Matt
For installing a cab during customizations, you need to edit config_operator.txt in your carrier folder. Add the line like
Code:
CAB: \Windows\Calkulins_Diamond_Tweaks.cab
between [LOCK:Enabled and LOCK: Disabled. For opera 10, I do not cook any version of opera in and just install it via a cab. It asks if it wants to be default during setup. It then launches from globe with sense 2.5 for me.

edit - this assumes you're cooking the cab into the ROM. If you want to install cabs from your internal storage automatically, look into SDAutoRun (search for threads here at ppcgeeks) or sashimi (what I use).

Last edited by mwalt2; 01-04-2010 at 03:06 PM.