PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2008, 10:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6600, 6700, Mogul, Diamond and now Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

kndracing is keeping up the good workkndracing is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [In Development] Juicy 2.8 [SYS OS 5.2.19965 Build 22222]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahadiel View Post
I believe Juicy will be releasing a generic rom (as per his change log) and once released, he'll provide links to the DCD Carrier Cabs.
I have a question about the DCD cabs. I had flashed juicy 2.6 and was having problems. Instead of flashing back to 2.5, I decided to try Mighty's rom . Flashed his 2.1.1 and then dcd cab for sprint...everything went downhill from there. There are about 7 of us that experienced the same problem. Our MSL's were changed and no matter what we did or the sprint rep tried, the phone was locked up and could not be changed. I ended up going into a store and when the rep got so frustrated with not being able to get into the phone to check or change the MSL, he gave me a new phone and I was on my way. It seems that it is not Mighty's rom, but the dcd cab that we installed. Juicy, have you checked this out? http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42839

I want to flash my new phone and will do so with 2.5 as long as I know that worked...but worried about your 3.0 going to generic carrier's and then using dcd cabs.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

nttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: [In Development] Juicy ROM 3.0 [SYS OS 5.2.19965 Build 19974]

Can you at least VIEW the EPST menu and look up your ESN? Try running the attached app from your phone. Extract it into a folder in your phone along with the .dll and run GetSPC.exe.

Maybe this could help you figure out if in fact your MSL did change. Can't guarantee that this will work but it's worth a shot.
Attached Files
File Type: zip GetSPC.zip (121.6 KB, 22 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-04-2008, 11:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by kndracing View Post
I have a question about the DCD cabs. I had flashed juicy 2.6 and was having problems. Instead of flashing back to 2.5, I decided to try Mighty's rom . Flashed his 2.1.1 and then dcd cab for sprint...everything went downhill from there. There are about 7 of us that experienced the same problem. Our MSL's were changed and no matter what we did or the sprint rep tried, the phone was locked up and could not be changed. I ended up going into a store and when the rep got so frustrated with not being able to get into the phone to check or change the MSL, he gave me a new phone and I was on my way. It seems that it is not Mighty's rom, but the dcd cab that we installed. Juicy, have you checked this out? http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42839

I want to flash my new phone and will do so with 2.5 as long as I know that worked...but worried about your 3.0 going to generic carrier's and then using dcd cabs.
The people that experienced this used the PRI update from what I read. You should not do this.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: treo 700wx-->HTC TOUCH DIAMOND
Carrier: SPRINT

biggaboo is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by oolimee View Post
You're 13 and you're flashing ROMS? shouldn't you be studying?? but then again, I should be working at work... so eh....

But it does seem like telus guys have a pride thing going... i'm pretty new to ppcgeeks, but i just get that sense..

I'm just glad juicy is nice enough to include us sprint guys in his rom. Thanks!
lol...i guess ppl consider me smart in school and i normally don't study in the first place so it doesn't make a difference i still get A's at school...this was a hard earned phone...i had to waste my summer doing a math course for it...
Old 11-04-2008, 11:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

oolimee is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
The people that experienced this used the PRI update from what I read. You should not do this.
Holy crap! My SPC is changed also.. I also installed DCD's carrier cab, and now my SPC is wrong. I downloaded and ran GetSPC, which works, and gives me the SPC but it's not accepting it when I go EPST.

Uh oh....

My PDA History......

Samsung i600 - XV6700 - Samsung i730 - Palm 650 - Palm 700 - Blackberry 8800 - Mogul - Touch - Diamond
Old 11-04-2008, 11:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: treo 700wx-->HTC TOUCH DIAMOND
Carrier: SPRINT

biggaboo is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryelv View Post
In order to not threadjack Juicy's... let's take this to another thread about using Kitchens. Check out the Sticky threads in this forum about Kitchens for more detailed answers... for the quick answer... there are OEM packages that you can copy into the "OEM" folder that is in the kitchens. These allow you to insert programs into your own custom ROM. For example... if you love 1-Calc instead of the regular calculator and don't want to install the 1-Calc cab file after flashing your rom, you can put the 1-Calc OEM package in your own ROM and it gets installed automatically.

Anyways, check out the stickies, there's TONS of much much more detailed info there... cooking a ROM isn't that bad... it takes a little practice, a few trial and errors, and if you're like me... you're always finding new things to change in your ROM (Registry edits, programs, tweaks, etc.)
thanks alot daryelv i will check out the stickies...can i pm you if i have any questions?
Old 11-04-2008, 11:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6600, 6700, Mogul, Diamond and now Touch Pro

kndracing is keeping up the good workkndracing is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by nttdemented View Post
Can you at least VIEW the EPST menu and look up your ESN? Try running the attached app from your phone. Extract it into a folder in your phone along with the .dll and run GetSPC.exe.

Maybe this could help you figure out if in fact your MSL did change. Can't guarantee that this will work but it's worth a shot.
I already have a new phone. The tech at Sprint couldn't get this number either. But I thought I would at least have this number before I flash anything this time and nothing I try gets me this number. I ran GetSPC and the number that it gives me doesn't unlock. I typed this in with ##3282# and the edit, I tried ##xxxxxx# and that does nothing....
I have also tried to use regedit and change the values in ATDbgLog and this isn't working. I am going to try and call sprint in the morning and see if they will give it to me. Unless someone else has ideas...

It seems that running the PRI update is what the problem was...I do not recall running this, but I may have. After I flashed, I had phone service but no data. Then after my call to sprint, and whatever they tried over the phone caused me to lose phone service also.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:12 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 / Blackberry 9700
Carrier: TELUS Mobility
Threadstarter

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryelv View Post
uicy, noticed you aren't going with 22222, is that because it's reported to be a repackaged 19965? I havn't played with 19974 yet... any hints of how it performs compared to 19965? 20924?
Technically I'm workign with a mashup of 22222 (really 19965) and 19974 (from Alltel). To me it is much faster than 22222 and way more stable than 20921 and about the same speed.

Haven't played with 20924, there are bluetooth problems ghetto is fixing
Old 11-05-2008, 12:13 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 / Blackberry 9700
Carrier: TELUS Mobility
Threadstarter

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by kndracing View Post

I understand your concern, and wasn't aware of the problems. Maybe I will hold off on the generic ROM for now
Old 11-05-2008, 12:28 AM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

i dunno ive never had a problem running another carrier rom on my Sprint phone. Im running 2.7 now which is technically Telus without DCD with zero issues. Idk why people feel the need to run the carrier cab anyways ive never had any trouble not using it what so ever. All that cab sets up when you pull out the xml is some reg edits to put in the iota, sprint error messages, and other sprint settings (pics/splash/IE homepage to powerdeck etc) basically useless sprint tweaks that few even want in the first place since the whole point of custom ROMs is get rid of Sprint crap. The other stuff like ## codes and roaming settins are already in your ROM anyways. So basically the dcd cab is useless on your ROM honestly and no one should have an absolute need to use it.

I still say go for one ROM, make it easier on yourself and less people complaining why their carrier version isnt out yet. Do whats easiest and most efficient for you to get stuff out, not because 5 or 10 people out of dozens if not 100 are having an issue with an unrelated unneeded cab.

Last edited by SprintTouch08; 11-05-2008 at 12:41 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development