PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2009, 12:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

kngtut79 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to kngtut79
Re: [ROM] [May 12] JUICY 7 - Build 090512V (21222.5.0.1) [UC] *Rhodium Manila*

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurbanlegend View Post
Unplug phone from PC. Pull out the battery and put it back in. Hold down volume down+power button. It will put it into bootloader. Plug back into usb cable and flash a shipped rom.
didn't know that i could flash from bootloader. i was searching for a remedy, and decided to check back on this thread. thanks urban.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

pistol44 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by kngtut79 View Post
phone bricked. ran diamond unlocker, then juicy 7. juicy 7 went on diamond with no hiccups until i got to customizations. it hung on opera for a little over an hour, i removed battery, then restarted. customizations went through without a hitch this time. But afterwards, today screen never came up. after restart, its now on the touch diamond splash screen. been there for 30 minutes. I guess it goes without saying that there's no active sync connection, so i can't flash again.
I had the exact same issue and freaked. It seems to be common issue with us flashing to a WM 6.5 rom. I still have yet to get one to flash clean so I gave up and reverted back to 6.1. Anyway the issue apparently is linked to not flashing to the stock rom first. Perhaps other things attribute to this too but I haven't found a clean resolution.
To resolve your issue download the stock rom or the one you used before and copy it to your desktop. Plug in the usb cable to your Diamond. Hit the reset button underneath the batter cover. Quickly hold the power, VOL down and back arrow button the face simultaneously. You will get the rainbow screen (bootloader)and you can select to flash via USB. Now run the exe for the RUU file on your desktop to inititate the flash of the stock rom or try your luck again with this one. Or you can select the nbh file on your internal storage if you have one. However I tried re-flashing the new rom 5 or 6 times and found the installation only messed up more and more. Hope it works out!
Old 05-12-2009, 12:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

echao29 is just getting started
Talking Re: [ROM] [May 12] JUICY 7 - Build 090512V (21222.5.0.1) [UC] *Rhodium Manila*

Everything seems to be working for me. No more random reboots, hard resets, system halts. Alarm clock also works now with (just set it manually from the native windows clock & alarm... I woke up fine this morning... LOL), system is superfast (faster than any of the WM6.5 Rhodium Manila Roms available here). I also like the new welcome screen for the My Contact Card. I can also use album pictures for the card now.

One issue i find is that the haptic feedback doesn't work on the HTC keyboard. I have tried turning it on in the settings (and rebooted after), but till nothing. The haptic feedback does, however, work anywhere else.

I will report more issues I might find; but for now, this is the perfect ROM for my phone. Thanks Juicy for coming back and making this wonderful life-saving ROM.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

pistol44 is just getting started

Has anyone found a way to flash this without any installation issues, freezing, resets etc during or after customizations? I'm still looking for a solution and I'd love to try this rom however I'm tired of failed 6.5 rom flashes then reverting back to where I was before I started again.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 4G

SmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistol44 View Post
Has anyone found a way to flash this without any installation issues, freezing, resets etc during or after customizations? I'm still looking for a solution and I'd love to try this rom however I'm tired of failed 6.5 rom flashes then reverting back to where I was before I started again.
I flashed from mightys rom. Let customization run, and everything went fine.

No freezing, glitches........all working great except for waht's listed on the first post.
Old 05-12-2009, 02:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6800
Carrier: Alltel

DerekV is just getting started

is there a way i can easily change the start menu to have 4 rows of icons?
Old 05-12-2009, 03:09 PM
ICE
Pocket PC: Motorola Everything
Carrier: Big RED

smiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to smiznith

its been working pretty good so far. only issue i have seen is when locking the device and waking up, rhodium pops up but the top taskbar is disabled as if its still locked... please advise
Old 05-12-2009, 03:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond

chad.wray is just getting started

Hi,
I had tons of issue flashing this rom.
I finally removed everything off my 4 gig internal storage and formated that.
I was then able to flash normally.

Edit: After flashing I found an Encfiltlog file in my internal storage, what does this do?

Last edited by chad.wray; 05-12-2009 at 03:18 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

TheRatedR is a n00b

wow my first time with a juicy rom upgrade issue. Cant even sync to my active sync and yes the manila is bugged and no start menu . very odd. after the rom upgrade couldnt even sync properly to active sync which cause issues with me reflashing to another rom but luckily with the solution reset button then right away i mean right away u hold down the power button, down volume button and back arror button at the same time will give the boot options and was able to reflash another rom properly after doing these steps. i know you did a lot of work juicy i thank you for that but this one aint for me for now that is until the mess is cleared up.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6800
Carrier: Alltel

DerekV is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRatedR View Post
wow my first time with a juicy rom upgrade issue. Cant even sync to my active sync and yes the manila is bugged and no start menu . very odd. after the rom upgrade couldnt even sync properly to active sync which cause issues with me reflashing to another rom but luckily with the solution reset button then right away i mean right away u hold down the power button, down volume button and back arror button at the same time will give the boot options and was able to reflash another rom properly after doing these steps. i know you did a lot of work juicy i thank you for that but this one aint for me for now that is until the mess is cleared up.
Did you flash back to stock before you went to this ROM?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development