PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2008, 08:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

eduardmc is keeping up the good workeduardmc is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *UPDATED* [11-22-08] Juicy ROM 3.6 [SYS OS 5.2.19972 Build 19972.1.2.7] [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdafasdlkfj View Post
could the "orb" please be put back into this rom... or at least please give an explanation as to why it was taken out
From what i know the orb was remove without any explanation. it did not affect the performance of the rom, 95% of people agreed that it was much better than the flat window logo, and at least give us a option of a cab to install it back just like other custom rom which provide you with other helpful program cab and TF3d themes.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

carterisgod is keeping up the good workcarterisgod is keeping up the good work
Re: *UPDATED* [11-22-08] Juicy ROM 3.6 [SYS OS 5.2.19972 Build 19972.1.2.7] [UC]

I think a lot of people forget that Juicy's ROM is comprised of what HE likes and finds convenient, useful and pleasing. It's not a paid product/service. We are not Juicy's clients. It's a "Hey, here's what I like. If you like it too, use it."

Maybe I'm wrong, I dunno.
This post has been thanked 9 times.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 / Blackberry 9700
Carrier: TELUS Mobility
Threadstarter

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardmc View Post
From what i know the orb was remove without any explanation. it did not affect the performance of the rom, 95% of people agreed that it was much better than the flat window logo, and at least give us a option of a cab to install it back just like other custom rom which provide you with other helpful program cab and TF3d themes.
.... or you could just search for the solution, and find out how to change the default icon to whatever you please
Old 11-23-2008, 09:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO F&F 500

kidFromBigD is keeping up the good workkidFromBigD is keeping up the good workkidFromBigD is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterisgod View Post
I think a lot of people forget that Juicy's ROM is comprised of what HE likes and finds convenient, useful and pleasing. It's not a paid product/service. We are not Juicy's clients. It's a "Hey, here's what I like. If you like it too, use it."

Maybe I'm wrong, I dunno.
He's got a point, folks. Ultimately, I think we can convince him of the bugs we want fixed, but for the Look & Feel kinds of things Juicy's is the only opinion that matters. Pretty much anything beyond bug reporting is Off-Topic.

Don't like it? find another or *gasp* build a ROM yourself.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Pro
Carrier: Telus

gmarcoux is keeping up the good workgmarcoux is keeping up the good work

Quote:
I am beginning to believe that there are many individuals on this thread who don't seem to understand or appreciate their situation with relation to these ROM's and updates. I don't know Juicy, but I DO know that he and a few contributors are putting there own time, knowledge and effort into these roms and sharing them out of their own kindness and love of the exchange of knowledge with others. I have absolutely benefited from these roms especially since they have unlocked many features which Telus deemed wise to block. I myself would never presume to bite the hand that feeds and complain about certain minor preferences which the CREATORS of the roms have chosen to include which do not affect performance (and even if they did). If he wants to put a flag instead of an orb... it's his rom... if he wants to put a pretty pink flower instead of an orb... it's his rom. If for some reason there are those who feel they are wiser and can chose these customizations better, then they are welcome to make there own roms. Until then I think we can all show more appreciation and thankfulness.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

EvanWasHere is just getting started

Juicy,
Can u make my phone stop time.. just saying.. it would be a nice added feature =D>

LOL. Thanks for all the hard work man. Looking forward to the next release.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: telus canada

mike infinity is a n00b

I am using Juicy 3.2 still...since the updates have been so fast and furious. I am looking forward to flashing 3.7. 3.2 breathed a whole new life into my touch diamond (along with a few tweaks). I was set to return it before that thanks to the lag, etc. Everything works VERY well.

I am still on the fence about exchanging it for a touch pro. If juicy is making that move...then its a done deal...anticipating, of course, a potential TP telus ROM. EXCELLENT work Juicy. Thanks.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: DROID BIONIC / DROID RAZR
Carrier: VZW

Young DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmarcoux View Post
I am beginning to believe that there are many individuals on this thread who don't seem to understand or appreciate their situation with relation to these ROM's and updates. I don't know Juicy, but I DO know that he and a few contributors are putting there own time, knowledge and effort into these roms and sharing them out of their own kindness and love of the exchange of knowledge with others. I have absolutely benefited from these roms especially since they have unlocked many features which Telus deemed wise to block. I myself would never presume to bite the hand that feeds and complain about certain minor preferences which the CREATORS of the roms have chosen to include which do not affect performance (and even if they did). If he wants to put a flag instead of an orb... it's his rom... if he wants to put a pretty pink flower instead of an orb... it's his rom. If for some reason there are those who feel they are wiser and can chose these customizations better, then they are welcome to make there own roms. Until then I think we can all show more appreciation and thankfulness.
Everything you're saying is true,And one day juicy may say f*** it and stop building for all these people,And another thing is juicy does this for fun,Not to get paid so deal with what you get or build your own rom so everyone can cry to you like they do to juicy...............
JUICY YOU'RE THE MAN...THANK YOU FOR BUILDING THESE ROM................
Old 11-23-2008, 10:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 / Blackberry 9700
Carrier: TELUS Mobility
Threadstarter

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level
Re: *UPDATED* [11-23-08] Juicy ROM 3.7 [SYS OS 5.2.19972 Build 19972.1.2.7] [UC]

JUICY ROM 3.7 - A C4RBON RELEASE
(Juicy47, Juggalo_X, Ghettofreerydr, TobeyChris)

*** By downloading any files, you verify that you have the appropriate licenses for all software contained herein ****
I will assume no responsibility for any damage you may cause to your phone. Please make sure you have followed the user guides on flashing your device.

Juicy 3.7

This ROM was built & tested with TELUS users in mind, but should work on other carriers.

Compatibility List: TELUS, Bell, Sprint, Alltel

Thanks: cmonex, ghettofreerydr, Juggalo_x, Tobey, dcd (xda)
Juggalo_X, Blue1k, EUSANPE, Starmans, hodd, Devileyezz, leanne, burnmac, jregehr, jyxent, manxam, bobbenedetti, billo0071, kevank, saflang, xxza, mercado79, fatboypup, a99tandem, flacab23
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: All That Glitters Is Diamonds
Carrier: Sprint

lcyals is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
As people have said, if you'd search you can find how to do it yourself very easily. I've already posted twice links to how to do this, but here it is again.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...t=custom+start

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development