PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2009, 03:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

tprime76 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to tprime76
Re: [ROM] [May 12] JUICY 7 - Build 090512V (21222.5.0.1) [UC] *Rhodium Manila*

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnicronx View Post
And? This does not seem to be a known Rhodium bug, it only seems to exist in this ROM. Possibly to do with the custom backlight settings. It may have nothing to do with Manilla at all, which is the reason I posted this. Simply reiterating what the first post says in all situations is not a help to anyone. If it is a ROM issue, Juicy will probably want to know about it.
I think that it DOES have something to do with Rhodium. Had the same issue with INTX when pressing certain buttons (think it was one of the menus under 'people') That ROM was Rhodium based as well. Again, ported Rhodium IS buggy in its current setup.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

tbot is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
good news, you can install a compact querty HTC keyboard to replace the one in the rom if you so choose. check out post 2981 and 2984 for more options.
Very Sweet!!! I'll look into it, just torn between the two now that I've used it now a few days. I do like the clicking and the vibration feedback of this keyboard. But thanks for the info!!!
Old 05-13-2009, 06:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff

Quote:
I think that it DOES have something to do with Rhodium. Had the same issue with INTX when pressing certain buttons (think it was one of the menus under 'people') That ROM was Rhodium based as well. Again, ported Rhodium IS buggy in its current setup.
Now that I've played with it a bit, it only happens to me when I am using one of the enhanced context menus.

I was not trying to be disrespectful before, I have just never seen or heard of this bug before, and I have used the Rhodium TP2 port since the first release. I know its VERY buggy, I just thought if there was a chance that it was not rhodium that it was worth posting. It was not suppose to be another generic post complaining about an issue that has been explained 100 times before.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:16 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb71 View Post
I can change it to say whatever I like but it still takes me to the same place.
You changed the ...SKtext to say whatever, did you change the ...SKPath? It should look something like: \Windows\tasks.exe for tasks program for example.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:17 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP

MAJOR ISSUE! PLEASE HELP! I flashed this ROM to my TP and Diamond and now neither will connect to the internet! Did not have this problem with any of the previous releases. I'm on Sprint.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:58 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
MAJOR ISSUE! PLEASE HELP! I flashed this ROM to my TP and Diamond and now neither will connect to the internet! Did not have this problem with any of the previous releases. I'm on Sprint.
I assume you mean that you installed this rom to the diamond and the tpro version of Juicy's release to the tpro? What you need to do is flash back to the original shipped rom, the after customizations see if it connects. If not, then go to Settings>system tab>update profile and run that. it should restore your service. Good luck.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

tbot is a n00b

Anyone else not able to get push internet to work? I have just one page I want pushed, and it did it the first time i set it up and hasn't updated it since
Old 05-13-2009, 08:35 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
I assume you mean that you installed this rom to the diamond and the tpro version of Juicy's release to the tpro? What you need to do is flash back to the original shipped rom, the after customizations see if it connects. If not, then go to Settings>system tab>update profile and run that. it should restore your service. Good luck.
Thanks for your help! BTW I did flash with the correct ROMs to their respective devices. Anyhow, I spoke with sprint 2 hours ago and tech support sent updates to my phone and suddenly its working. I am not sure why flashing to Juicy7 disabled or downgraded something critical to connecting to the net, but apparently it did. 5 minutes before flashing to J7 I had service... Nonetheless, problem solved.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Hanzo911 is a n00b

Quote:
I searched all over the net today. Nothing helped. I couldn't search for DHCP on this thread neither. But i found the solution through many registry restores...haha.. Sorry if it's a repeat post. If you look in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\BTPAN1\Parms\TcpIP and see a bunch of 169.254.xxx.xxx ip addresses...then restore your registry for that key and disable DHCP

I have a Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Here're values for my HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\BTPAN1\Parms\TcpIP

DefaultGateway=0
EnableDHCP=0
IpAddress="192.168.0.1"
SubnetMask="255.255.255.0"
UseZeroBroadcast=0

Hope that helps
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:45 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Thanks for your help! BTW I did flash with the correct ROMs to their respective devices. Anyhow, I spoke with sprint 2 hours ago and tech support sent updates to my phone and suddenly its working. I am not sure why flashing to Juicy7 disabled or downgraded something critical to connecting to the net, but apparently it did. 5 minutes before flashing to J7 I had service... Nonetheless, problem solved.
LOL. I was going to even type it because I've seen your comments on this forum and pretty much figured you knew about not flashing diamond roms to the tp glad to hear you got it straightened out.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development