PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2009, 02:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

pirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to pirish
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
that's cool. 100mb! I had no idea at had that much more ram. that sure would make a difference.
The Diamond is like 192mb and the Pro is 288. HUGE difference.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2 & Evo =)
Carrier: Sprint!

boodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to boodaka
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidFromBigD View Post
Diamond vs. Pro:

Seems I'm the only one who really uses the FM radio built-in to the bluetooth chip on my Diamond. Anyone else? The 'Pro does not have this functionality. Yes, I know you can stream radio stations over EV-DO connections, but that drains your battery.

As someone else said: The Diamond is very slim and solid. Going on 7 months with my Diamond ... would only upgrade to the Diamond-2 if/when Sprint carries it(and MightyMike cooks up a ROM), and only if it has FM radio.
o scratch the pro, i love my FM

Just hit the THANKS for me being........well, me...

Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitchen v1.6 R3 Mirror
Old 04-20-2009, 02:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO F&F 500

kidFromBigD is keeping up the good workkidFromBigD is keeping up the good workkidFromBigD is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkLaw View Post
You're getting FM streamed to your bluetooth? You still have to plug in the headset, though, right?
Sorry! What I mean is that the bluetooth chipset in the Diamond has lurking inside it the circuitry for the FM radio. To my knowledge, the 'Pro has a different bluetooth chip, and thus lacks the FM radio.

But, you are correct - FM radio needs the plugin headphones acting as antenna for decent reception.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:25 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Memory is a lot better than the Mogul (6800) I used to have. It is enough for me and I have several things open at once. I needed a slimmer phone because the Mogul was too bulky anyway.

Now as far as TouchPal, I tried FK2 but I just cannot type accurately as fast. I mean my thumb can move fast and I can whip out a whole text in maybe ten seconds (a longer one consisting of 100 characters).
Old 04-20-2009, 02:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - Stock
Carrier: Sprint

pixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by boodaka View Post
man, i think imma switch just cause i go through phones like underwear and for my ADD lol
Hmmmm...and here I always keep my phone in my shirt pocket!!! LMAO
Old 04-20-2009, 02:41 PM
randyist

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

my main reason for sticking with the diamond (i know it doesn't have as much memory as the Pro), is that if you work a rough job, like construction (myself) ..and you drop the phone, it won't bust into 2 pieces..my friend Tom's did.

With the diamond, it is a small, solid piece of plastic, primarily and a Hard plastic, transparent shield case encapsulates the entire phone. ..you can't do that with the pro-the keyboard woulldn't be able to move. Now if I worked an office / desk job, i'd probably buy the pro. .
Old 04-20-2009, 02:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirish View Post
The Diamond is like 192mb and the Pro is 288. HUGE difference.
Both the CDMA diamond and touch pro have 288 mb memory. You're probably thinking of the GSM diamond, which has 192 mb. Since you're with Sprint, both your diamond and TP have the same RAM. The TP has more ROM memory, but that won't make it run faster or more applications. CDMA diamonds and TP's share same RAM and processor, so one's not faster than the other based on those hardware specs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
that's cool. 100mb! I had no idea at had that much more ram. that sure would make a difference.
It doesn't, no difference in RAM . You can just install more apps to main storage on TP.

Last edited by mwalt2; 04-20-2009 at 03:00 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2 & Evo =)
Carrier: Sprint!

boodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to boodaka

Dear Diary,
Sprint carry Diamond 2 pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease, Thank you.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6800, Diamond

RootWind is just getting started

Anybody else trying out nueDynamicClock?
Old 04-20-2009, 03:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: High Tech Computer - Touch Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

Phocas is keeping up the good workPhocas is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
Both the CDMA diamond and touch pro have 288 mb memory. You're probably thinking of the GSM diamond, which has 192 mb. Since you're with Sprint, both your diamond and TP have the same RAM. The TP has more ROM memory, but that won't make it run faster or more applications. CDMA diamonds and TP's share same RAM and processor, so one's not faster than the other based on those hardware specs.

It doesn't, no difference in RAM . You can just install more apps to main storage on TP.
You are correct. I didn't feel like looking for source material but the CDMA Diamond has 288 MB RAM.

http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/HTC-...ne-p_2847.html

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development