PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2009, 11:37 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Re: [ROM] [MAY.04.09] MightyROM 4/R3BORN

Quote:
Originally Posted by iammarkus View Post
Hi funny thing I just did complete my profile. I am using a Diamond... and it's working fine. Just new to this site which is great!!! thanks for answering my question....

Cheers
One of these two statements must be true:
  1. You don't know what kind of phone you have.
  2. You don't know which ROM you have installed.
MR5.0 won't install on an HTC TouchDiamond. If you are claiming otherwise, I'd like to see a picture of the device with the Device Information screen shown clearly. Then I'd like to hear a detailed description of how it was accomplished.

DISCLAIMER: If this person has discovered a way to install MR5.0 on a TouchDiamond, I'll publicly apologize and perform some embarrassing act of contrition.

Old 05-04-2009, 11:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC DIAMOND
Carrier: Alltel

kwattro76 is keeping up the good workkwattro76 is keeping up the good workkwattro76 is keeping up the good work

what does this new mightyrom reborn look like???
Thanks
Old 05-04-2009, 11:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

pask2155 is keeping up the good workpask2155 is keeping up the good workpask2155 is keeping up the good work

sorry I need a sprint carrier acrsoft.... sorry.... DO'nt know what one to make it work....
Old 05-04-2009, 11:40 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwattro76 View Post
what does this new mightyrom reborn look like???
Thanks
nearly identical to the 4.8 release. Not much different.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

jrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrBy View Post
Heh it seems a few people are a bit on edge today. Let me make it clear - I am not complaining about the release, it stable and fast from what I have so far tested. It just seems that it had departed a bit from the norm - when you put out a whole series of releases that have always included a series of staple apps then just up and drop them without even a note in the change log, people will notice and say something. (just look at this thread - I was not the 1st and I would put money down that I wont be the last) If you have an issue with that - sorry to say but you may need to spend some more time researching how the average person thinks.

Yes I know it takes no more then a few min to find these apps and install them for the average techie. I did exactly that (did I ask for links to apps or beg for cabs???). But guess what - not everyone is going to be able to do that. (at least not with a bunch of annoying forum posts and a big helping of lmgtfy.com) I know quite a few Diamond owners that that would just as well flash back to 4.8 or switch over to another cookers ROM to avoid the annoyance if it's all there in one package. (eg. non-techies)

To the short people with the funky colored tall hair - back in your cages - everyone is allowed a opinion. (deal with it yo)

Mike thanks for putting the time in for another release and updating us on the reasons for the changes to the ROM.

</Flame Suit On> kthxbai - geez - your a Canadian not a valley girl </Flame Suit Off>
Hope some one starts handing out the happy pills around here soon.
I see where your coming from now. Sorry I called you a douche bag I was a little disappointed to read your original comment about the Rom. A lot of people were begging for this update and now that it has dropped there are tons of complaints floating around. It is what it is but I would think Mike would rather read a post that starts out with a thank you then moves into questions or comments. I know I don't have to remind people that Mike is doing this on his spare time for fun and can pull the plug whenever he chooses.

You have done a lot of helping in the thread as of late so sorry once again and thank you for helping out.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
to be honest, I wouldn't say it was a vast improvement over 4.8, but that's because 4.8 worked so well for me anyway. I used this rom for a little bit and it's as stable as before, plus although I didnt ever get the ringer bug, it appears he fixed this so that's cool. Battery is a tough one because it takes a few days plus 4.8 was very good for me on battery so I doubt it would be that much different. There are some updated apps,drivers, etc. some things removed but can be installed easily via cab. I would probably flash it unless you are getting transitioned to 6.5 which seems to be my thing. I love the stability and battery life of 6.1 but once you try a few 6.5 roms, it grows on you if you know what I mean.
Thanks for the review, lol..It's exactly what I was expecting. I think I'm gonna flash just for giggles at some point, but I have been playing with some 6.5 Roms and really like them. I'm just dying for a Mighty 6.5 cause I'm not sure I want to go back to 6.1.

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
Old 05-04-2009, 11:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC DIAMOND
Carrier: Alltel

kwattro76 is keeping up the good workkwattro76 is keeping up the good workkwattro76 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
nearly identical to the 4.8 release. Not much different.
does it have rhodium with the new animated calendar tab in tf3d
Old 05-04-2009, 11:44 PM
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrn6264 View Post
I see where your coming from now. Sorry I called you a douche bag I was a little disappointed to read your original comment about the Rom. A lot of people were begging for this update and now that it has dropped there are tons of complaints floating around. It is what it is but I would think Mike would rather read a post that starts out with a thank you then moves into questions or comments. I know I don't have to remind people that Mike is doing this on his spare time for fun and can pull the plug whenever he chooses.

You have done a lot of helping in the thread as of late so sorry once again and thank you for helping out.
+1 to this, I jumped on Orb a little bit as well but you are right. You got class man!=D>
Old 05-04-2009, 11:46 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

Quote:
Originally Posted by pask2155 View Post
sorry I need a sprint carrier acrsoft.... sorry.... DO'nt know what one to make it work....
Check out this thred and see if it helps, but still yet dont forget the carrier cab!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...sprint+arcsoft

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:48 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulhiny View Post
Thanks for the review, lol..It's exactly what I was expecting. I think I'm gonna flash just for giggles at some point, but I have been playing with some 6.5 Roms and really like them. I'm just dying for a Mighty 6.5 cause I'm not sure I want to go back to 6.1.
Yep, I know. it's weird like you know Mike's newest is stable, perfect and pretty much everything you need, but the crazy flashaholic in us makes us want to try the latest and greatest, bounce from rom to rom... I think we need help I went on a flashing frenzy last night and tonight since so many new releases have dropped. We really should be thankful for all the variety out there right now. It's awesome, my wife thinks so.....NOT.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development