PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2009, 09:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

mattgiroux is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Alright so before flashing to 4.8 I'm gonna definitly do this the safest way. i.e. Flashing to stock, then flashing to mighty then hardreset. Now just a few questions...

What's the purpose of flashing to stock first?

What's the point of doing a hardreset after your flash? Isnt a flash sorta like a hard-reset?

EDIT: Do I flash to the stock rom in this post? http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...us+rom+diamond the Stock Telus Rom? Or will that brick my phone, I have that hardspl thing installed, just double checking cause I'm still fairly new and cant afford to buy a second diamond!

-Thanks!! Matt

Last edited by mattgiroux; 03-25-2009 at 09:46 PM.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:43 PM
p2k
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: TELUS

p2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Just Tested nuegpssecurity and it works like a charm...

Mighty is this version 1.2?

Got a fix even inside my house... 2 meters from the window
Old 03-25-2009, 10:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond CDMA
Carrier: Telus

jrimmer is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgiroux View Post
Alright so before flashing to 4.8 I'm gonna definitly do this the safest way. i.e. Flashing to stock, then flashing to mighty then hardreset. Now just a few questions...

What's the purpose of flashing to stock first?

What's the point of doing a hardreset after your flash? Isnt a flash sorta like a hard-reset?

EDIT: Do I flash to the stock rom in this post? http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...us+rom+diamond the Stock Telus Rom? Or will that brick my phone, I have that hardspl thing installed, just double checking cause I'm still fairly new and cant afford to buy a second diamond!

-Thanks!! Matt
I've asked this question before with no real straight answer... but hes what I can gather. Apparently when you flash there can be reminents of previous roms still kicking around. I think it has to do more from a cook's perspective. If everyone goes to stock or shipped rom they know that there is no side effect from previous roms. Cooks/programmers are a sensitive bunch i have 6 that work form me, but i make sense to only support everyone from the same starting point.

The hard reset I think is part of the same issue - residual files lurking somewhere in memory or something. I've also been told its two hard resets btw, its a little bit of bs I think but then again im no expert.

Point of interest tho...I've never done it and i get fairly predictable results, by which i mean that i usually get the same errors as everyone else. Keep in mind that the other cabs you install may not work properly.

In any i was nervous as heck when i did my first flash, just be sure to follow the instructions to the letter and you'll be ok..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: PALM PRE
Carrier: VERIZON

gurrumino is just getting started

damn!, a new update!!!

thanks!!...

hopefully my diamond stops crashing (bricking) with this news version!. mightyrom 4.7 crashed every 24 hours and i had to reflash several times.

btw... the new youtube app doesn't have the "setting" button where you were able to set "high quality" video option... looks like a downgrade to me. lol.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint htc Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

DoctorM is a n00b

Dear Mike:

First, you ROCK. I have been using your ROMs from day one and they are much better than Sprint ROMs. Sprint should pay you,too, for your hard work.

Now, could you PLEASE help us all with the proper way of flashing and step by step protocol to be safe, ie (should we flash the shipped Sprint ROM first then flash any of your ROMs). It seems many users are a bit confuse about the steps. We need it from you, the PRO, once for all. Just like this:

1) do this ....
2) do this ....
3) do this ....

Thank you very much, mate.

Yours;

Dr. Mike
Old 03-25-2009, 10:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

pirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to pirish

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
I don't think i've ever released a rom @ 6:30pm before LOL!

People are usually used to the 11pm-12am bombs!
This is funny. I thought I would get up early to do my schoolwork cause when I heard you were releasing 4.8 I knew it would be posted about 11:00-12:00, and once I flashed screw schoolwork, right? Too much stuff to do with the new rom. So here I am at 9:20 ready to do schoolwork, and 4.8 is already released. Oh well, it's not like it's finals or anything, and I only have one test tomorrow...........
Old 03-25-2009, 10:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

pirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to pirish

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorM View Post
Dear Mike:

First, you ROCK. I have been using your ROMs from day one and they are much better than Sprint ROMs. Sprint should pay you,too, for your hard work.

Now, could you PLEASE help us all with the proper way of flashing and step by step protocol to be safe, ie (should we flash the shipped Sprint ROM first then flash any of your ROMs). It seems many users are a bit confuse about the steps. We need it from you, the PRO, once for all. Just like this:

1) do this ....
2) do this ....
3) do this ....

Thank you very much, mate.

Yours;

Dr. Mike
If I had a dime for every time Mike has listed the steps to flashing a new rom I would be rich.
But, here they are again.
1. flash stock rom
2. flash rom of choice
3. hard reset by using the clear storage option in settings/system/clear storage
4. enjoy
Old 03-25-2009, 10:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

cesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to cesium Send a message via MSN to cesium

4.8 is messing up all my texts after restoring with pim backup. ive tried with 3 known good backups, and i always get the messed up outlook when viewing all texts.

ive reset at least 10 times so far after flashing while tryign to remedy this

i didn't have any issues with 4.7... should i reflash 4.8? maybe ill flash to stock and then to 4.8 and see if it helps.

*sigh*
Old 03-25-2009, 11:38 PM
randyist

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Ok. i'm trying to play QUake IV, and my graphics card driver is giving me errors.

j/k..just poking fun at the people that appear every other page asking questions from the wrong forum. I'm an @$$.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

gameover is keeping up the good workgameover is keeping up the good workgameover is keeping up the good work

Wazzup all just got done upgrading from 4.6 and did a full spb restore and now im getting a net framework error i know its cooked in the rom how can i uninstall its not in the remove programs list.Any ideas?And has anyone installed Conflippers Custom Weather cab with this rom and is working? i had it on my backup and its not working now just wondering if my backups no good and will have to just reinstall my apps manually..... Thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development