PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2009, 08:17 PM
p2k
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: TELUS

p2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Round 2....

Fight!!

Glad I got sashimi all set up...

You Rock Mighty
Old 03-25-2009, 08:18 PM
Lurker

bigdoof is a n00b
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Version 4.8, Revision 2 still has the IMAP error in the messsaging application. It can't connect to my Gmail account and complains about userid/password errors. I've quadruple checked the settings and userid/password and everything is in order. Outlook in my desktop can connect using identical settings.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:25 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

Mavosa is just getting started
Re: [March 23rd, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.7 [20771]

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2k View Post
Have you checked your power saving settings?
I have the same problem since first trying 4.4.5, I've had to resort to locking the device and I set long press end key to do it. Stock rom its fine, but theres some registry edit or something thats not letting music/youtube play if the screen turns off. Maybe if I get bored I'll fish around in the registry entries.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

londawg314 is a n00b

so far so good.. diamond2 keyboard still breaks activesync.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Diamond

marco27 is just getting started

Newbie here, just curious i just got a diamond for myself for once , i unlocked and flashed to 4.7 I guess thats all their is to it. Now i notice an update 4.8 1st time I attempt this am i supposed to update the rom or go to flash to stock rom before i update to 4.8. Based on my search people are doing different things. Also I should mention i do have a few apps and i understand i'll need to back them up as well as contacts etc.... BUT something strange happened my music in the music folder in internal storage and my picture in the touch flo pictures also most likely found in internal storage remained after a fresh hard reset unlocking and flashing to the new rom, why is that I thought everything would get lost and everyone seems to panic often from what i've read!

Please correct me if i'm wrong, I really just joined and been reading for about 1 week prior all this stuff!
Old 03-25-2009, 08:44 PM
Lurker

fishfoot is a n00b

Hey guys,

I'm still having the same problems after the upgrade to 4.8

All the contents of "Programs" disappear. I rebooted the device and now it just seems to hang on boot. I can hard reset and the phone boots normally.

I'd be glad to provide more info, just not really sure how to troubleshoot it.
This is a sprint Diamond.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

apaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuff

LOVE the rom EVERYTHING is working good for me
Old 03-25-2009, 08:47 PM
VIP BABY
Pocket PC: moto driod
Carrier: verzion

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep

what programs r u putting on after install ? and did clear storage or hard reset after i think its a must if you dont want issues later
Old 03-25-2009, 08:55 PM
Lurker

fishfoot is a n00b

I did a hard reset after the install.

I installed TomTom, TouchResponse, HoldEm Poker, Weather Database Editor and I think that's pretty much it. I also did the registry fix for 160 characters in the text messages
Old 03-25-2009, 08:55 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco27 View Post
Newbie here, just curious i just got a diamond for myself for once , i unlocked and flashed to 4.7 I guess thats all their is to it. Now i notice an update 4.8 1st time I attempt this am i supposed to update the rom or go to flash to stock rom before i update to 4.8. Based on my search people are doing different things. Also I should mention i do have a few apps and i understand i'll need to back them up as well as contacts etc.... BUT something strange happened my music in the music folder in internal storage and my picture in the touch flo pictures also most likely found in internal storage remained after a fresh hard reset unlocking and flashing to the new rom, why is that I thought everything would get lost and everyone seems to panic often from what i've read!

Please correct me if i'm wrong, I really just joined and been reading for about 1 week prior all this stuff!
hard reset doesn't erase your internal storage, only the device side. All music, pictures and anythign else in internal storage will remain intact.

It might not be necessary to flash to stock or clear storage after flashing from 4.7 to 4.8 but its not a bad habit to get into.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development