View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 08:55 PM
TREmp77
Almost a VIP

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco27 View Post
Newbie here, just curious i just got a diamond for myself for once , i unlocked and flashed to 4.7 I guess thats all their is to it. Now i notice an update 4.8 1st time I attempt this am i supposed to update the rom or go to flash to stock rom before i update to 4.8. Based on my search people are doing different things. Also I should mention i do have a few apps and i understand i'll need to back them up as well as contacts etc.... BUT something strange happened my music in the music folder in internal storage and my picture in the touch flo pictures also most likely found in internal storage remained after a fresh hard reset unlocking and flashing to the new rom, why is that I thought everything would get lost and everyone seems to panic often from what i've read!

Please correct me if i'm wrong, I really just joined and been reading for about 1 week prior all this stuff!
hard reset doesn't erase your internal storage, only the device side. All music, pictures and anythign else in internal storage will remain intact.

It might not be necessary to flash to stock or clear storage after flashing from 4.7 to 4.8 but its not a bad habit to get into.