PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2009, 06:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

xpocad is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

First Time Flasher!!! Took a little while to figure it out, but I Did it with out any major problems. I love the ROM thanks a lot
Old 04-02-2009, 07:46 AM
Lurker

coolrayjr is a n00b
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Please help! I'm a newbie and just flashed the mighty rom 4.8 over the weekend from the stock sprint rom on my diamond. I love it! But I noticed the Opera 9.5 is slower than the stock sprint rom and doesn't appear to load images or anything. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance for helping a newbie out.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

pirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to pirish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
My guess is that the new icon shows up when you have less than one "bar" of signal. Since when the phone is rebooting, you have 0 signal to start- that's why you see it "flash".
To fix this, you just need to go into the registry and change the signal strength settings to 7- they are probably on 4 or 5 right now.[in HKCU, search for "signalstrength" or browse to HKCU\ControlPanel\PhoneExtendFunction\CDMA\SignalS trengthLevel\]{Don't know why that space is there after the "S"- ignore it. It's the strangest thing.}
Excellent advise Trident!! Worked on my phone as well.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond CDMA

skasner is a n00b

I've been running 4.8 + Tsowen Taskbar + Rhodium Notification Enhancements for five days now and hadn't actually noticed that my phone wasn't ringing until yesterday. I can reset and it'll ring for a little while, but sooner or later it stops again. This is a work phone and sometimes I am "on call", so I'm REALLY hoping that the problem is one of the add-ons and not in the ROM itself. I did not have any problems with the other versions I've used which were 4.5 and 4.7.

I flashed from 4.7 to Sprint Shipped 2.0 and then to 4.8, along with a Clear Storage before and after each one. Based on others comments I just uninstalled Tsowed Taskbar to see if my no ring problem goes away. So far it is ringing, but the uninstall required a reset so I guess I'll just have to keep an eye on it today to see if it stops ringing again. I'll update my post later with my findings.'

*** UPDATE ***
I have not had any ringing issues for a little over 24 hours now, and have not reset my phone at all. I definately think it was the taskbar app that was causing my problems.

Last edited by skasner; 04-03-2009 at 08:43 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:31 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2 & Evo =)
Carrier: Sprint!

boodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to boodaka

Quote:
My guess is that the new icon shows up when you have less than one "bar" of signal. Since when the phone is rebooting, you have 0 signal to start- that's why you see it "flash".
To fix this, you just need to go into the registry and change the signal strength settings to 7- they are probably on 4 or 5 right now.[in HKCU, search for "signalstrength" or browse to HKCU\ControlPanel\PhoneExtendFunction\CDMA\SignalS trengthLevel\]{Don't know why that space is there after the "S"- ignore it. It's the strangest thing.}

Fixed Mine Tanks!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond, Palm Pre

alan7467 is keeping up the good workalan7467 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridic View Post
I have been running the latest S2U2 since it was release and have not had any issues. You might want to start looking at other software you have running on your phone...just a thought.

-bridic-
Same here. Running S2U2 v1.61 without issue.
TouchPal Keyboard

Pre running... errr 1.1...
Old 04-02-2009, 08:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 650/XV6700/Mogul/Diamond/TP/TP2

auburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regularauburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regularauburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I also have Tsowen Taskbar installed, maybe that's the culprit....will uninstall and post my findings later today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skasner View Post
I've been running 4.8 + Tsowen Taskbar + Rhodium Notification Enhancements for five days now and hadn't actually noticed that my phone wasn't ringing until yesterday. I can reset and it'll ring for a little while, but sooner or later it stops again. This is a work phone and sometimes I am "on call", so I'm REALLY hoping that the problem is one of the add-ons and not in the ROM itself. I did not have any problems with the other versions I've used which were 4.5 and 4.7.

I flashed from 4.7 to Sprint Shipped 2.0 and then to 4.8, along with a Clear Storage before and after each one. Based on others comments I just uninstalled Tsowed Taskbar to see if my no ring problem goes away. So far it is ringing, but the uninstall required a reset so I guess I'll just have to keep an eye on it today to see if it stops ringing again. I'll update my post later with my findings.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 650/XV6700/Mogul/Diamond/TP/TP2

auburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regularauburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regularauburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

no S2U2, but do have Tsowen Taskbar, going to uninstall and report findings later.

May check out SensorLock if it helps conserve battery!

EDIT: Tsowen Taskbar seems to be the culprit for me. i uninstalled this morning, soft reset, got first call 5 minutes later with ringtone! haven't checked with Tsowen for possible solution, will follow up later.

EDIT2: Seems there is more needed to install Tsowen Taskbar correctly: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...tsowen+taskbar hope this helps!

Quote:
Check out my later post (was it in this thread?) where I mentioned that by uninstalling S2U2's latest version, I got my ringtones back.
I have a feeling that it's not just S2U2, as other people never had it installed, but it might be some conflicting code that is in other software.
Try uninstalling S2U2 if you have it- if not, try other profiling or volume control software one by one until you find the culprit. Mike has said that he hasn't been able to find the flaw in the ROM- and he might very well be correct.
[I'm using SensorLock right now- it's not as feature rich as S2U2 or TouchLockPro, but it works well and hasn't messed anything up yet. It also uses almost no resources and seems to be saving my battery almost as well as with nothing installed.]

Last edited by auburnmk; 04-02-2009 at 12:04 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

COGnosticator is a n00b

I have been on 4.8 since it came out and yesterday and this morning I started having the no ringer problem.

I just deleted the tsowen taskbar and will see if that stops the problem.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

apaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuff

i use all of those additions (S2U2 and tsowens taskbar v6 3.1) and everything is working great on my end!!! rings quick and i have had no issues. 4.8 is the cats meow !!!!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development