PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2009, 11:13 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s
Carrier: Sprint

violent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

so using SPB backup after you flash a rom isn't messing with the new rom, my device info says 4.6 but i'm really on 4.8 right?

the only reason i'm asking this is because doesn't SPB backup mess with the system settings and isn't that what people like Mike do with new updates, so am I essentially going back to the system settings I had with 4.6?
Old 04-02-2009, 11:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

pirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to pirish
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Just a reminder,
There is lots of advise for flashing back to stock, then back to Mighty. The thing to remember is that there are TWO stock sprint roms, 1.0 & 2.0. When flashing back to stock MAKE SURE THAT YOU ARE FLASHING THE ROM THAT CAME ON YOUR PHONE. Otherwise, you really are not flashing back to stock ROM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 650/XV6700/Mogul/Diamond/TP/TP2

auburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regularauburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regularauburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

how do we know if we've already flashed without looking initially.....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirish View Post
Just a reminder,
There is lots of advise for flashing back to stock, then back to Mighty. The thing to remember is that there are TWO stock sprint roms, 1.0 & 2.0. When flashing back to stock MAKE SURE THAT YOU ARE FLASHING THE ROM THAT CAME ON YOUR PHONE. Otherwise, you really are not flashing back to stock ROM.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:06 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

It's the Tsowen taskbar modifications that are making your ringtones silent peeps. Uninstall it and things are grand. I had it happen to me and when I was able to uninstall it things returned to normal. It should remove just fine in Start->Settings->System->Remove Programs. Give that a shot!
Old 04-02-2009, 01:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

sfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuff

Something in this ROM conflicts with PockeTwit v68 and v69. It works fine for me on other ROMs but on this one it will fail to load. (It loads fine initially but then later loads will suddenly cause the pinwheel and nothing else to occur.)
Old 04-02-2009, 01:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond, Palm Pre

alan7467 is keeping up the good workalan7467 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
It's the Tsowen taskbar modifications that are making your ringtones silent peeps. Uninstall it and things are grand. I had it happen to me and when I was able to uninstall it things returned to normal. It should remove just fine in Start->Settings->System->Remove Programs. Give that a shot!
I was having the no ring issue before with 4.7 (which I'm still on) and I haven't been running Tsowen taskbar. I ended up creating the missing "My Ringtones" folder under my documents and my problems went away. Probably just a coincidence though.
TouchPal Keyboard

Pre running... errr 1.1...
Old 04-02-2009, 02:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO,TP2,Diamond

searcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
I have not had the ring problem, however I did notice my battery life was not as good. I uninstalled Tsowen taskbar and it seems back to normal. I don't know why it would have an effect on the battery life. Has anyone else notice this?
Old 04-02-2009, 02:21 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

I run tsowens task bar and what iv noticed is my battery seems to make big jumps like itll jump from 40% down to 14% really fast but it may hold there for a really long time.
This is just what iv noticed.
I also have noticed my data keeps switching to off and i like to leave it on all the time is there a way to do this?

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 04-02-2009, 02:22 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s

violent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

sooooo, can anyone answer my question?
Old 04-02-2009, 02:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2/treo pro/mogul
Carrier: sprint

miketab is keeping up the good workmiketab is keeping up the good workmiketab is keeping up the good work

There are a lot of rom now for windows 6.5 and manila 2. They all have a few issues but the process it moving very fast. i am sure Mike will come out with something in the near future that maybe be a fast and stable 6.5 with manila 2.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development