PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2009, 05:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

xpocad is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Not initially, no

All I had was My music, My pictures, and Maybe templates....im not sure on that one.

I had to put My Ringtones on my own.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc hero
Carrier: sprint

whatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to whatsleft4her
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

i dont have a my ringtones folder either gonna make one right now see if that help this ringer bug ive been getting
Old 04-02-2009, 05:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

xpocad is a n00b

Im not sure if that is the trick...i think the trick is to just assign ringers
Old 04-02-2009, 05:16 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Didnt have one either...do now.

I didnt have the ringtone problem because I use a ring made from VoiceRecord and that is stored in the internal storage root. That may be why I never experienced the no ring phenomena.

Old 04-02-2009, 05:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond - WM 6.5 - Telus 1.04.05

robotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I don't have that My Ringtones either. But no ringtone problem. I use an mp3 from internal storage.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:31 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
So your telling me you guys don't have a

"My Ringtones" folder in your my documents?

Please report, that doesn't sound right.
I have that folder, but I don't use it.
All my ringtones are in \Windows.

Old 04-02-2009, 05:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

cjcamilla is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to cjcamilla

I have an MP3 in the My Ringtones folder in the Internal Storage and it stops ringing after a while. I then transferred the MP3 to My Ringtones folder in the main memory (I had to make it inside the My Documents folder). I renamed it to say main in front of it. Then I switched to the mp3 that says main on it, and it still doesn't ring. I have to restart the phone for it to ring. This is a very bad bug!
Old 04-02-2009, 05:41 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility
Threadstarter

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

Well it doesn't make sense to begin with.

My Documents\My Ringtones is an empty folder, so I can't quite understand on how that would cause ringtone problems.

People are reporting ringtone loss with 4.7 (Briggs has been on it since launch and has not experienced this issue)

My sister is on 4.8 & does not experience this problem

My friend is on 4.9 (unreleased & just a test rom based on 4.8 complaints) and does not experience this problem

I don't know what to tell you guys, but there isn't an issue.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc hero
Carrier: sprint

whatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to whatsleft4her

maybe the issue is the lack of this folder in my documents and people just putting the ringer they wanna use in my documents and not making a folder for them called my ringtones? i just set it up for my ringer to go on my internal storage. we shall see how this works but it wouldnt ring and when i went to the settings tab on touchflo it would show ringer as none. check my gfs touch pro running mighty 4.16 and she has a my ringtone folder in her my documents fold and has had no problems at all. idk if this is right but from what ive been experiecing it seems to be. correct me if im wrong though...
Old 04-02-2009, 05:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond Mighty Mikes 4.8
Carrier: Telus

Ghostrider is becoming a great contributor

I have used the mighty rom for a few months now and have pretty much selected and kept most apps i intend to use. I previously didn't have any trouble with the ringer but i have for the last 2 days lost the ringer, the 1st day i still had vibrate and the headset indicator but this afternoon i got neither.
I have changed only one thing since applying rom 4.8 and that was to add the taskbar included on page 1, i have now removed that and re-applied Tsowen version 4 1.6 which was my favourite on previous roms.

P.S i didn't have a ringtones folder either but i use Sashemi Backup and it of course created one with all my ringtones.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development