PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2009, 02:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!
Carrier: Sprint

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [JUNE.04.09] MightyROM4 [Windows Mobile 6.1 CE OS 21051 Build 21051.1.6.4]

Quote:
Originally Posted by har226 View Post
mighty I cant connect my diamond using the internet sharing.... it connects to the comp, and on the comp it says connected locally but not to the internet..... dont know what i am doing wrong...
Quote:
just updated my profile.................. I have both now to play with...... now back to the question I cant connect to the internet using internet sharing.... any thoughts.????
Ok, here is what I do...works everytime, so I dont know why yours wouldn't work.

Turn off your laptop or desktop connection to your home internet connection (if you have one). Next connect your Diamond to your laptop, (I'm gonna say laptop because thats what I use), and select Internet sharing. When the connection screen on your Diamond pops up change network connection to DATA and press connect.

Thats all I have to do and it works. If it doesnt work open up Network and Sharing center and click on the red X on your laptop. Then have it try and diagnose the problem. The only time I get Local only is when I forget to change it to DATA and by accident use Phone As modem connection.

Old 06-17-2009, 03:03 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn
Re: [ROM] [JUNE.04.09] MightyROM4 [Windows Mobile 6.1 CE OS 21051 Build 21051.1.6.4]

Quote:
just updated my profile.................. I have both now to play with...... now back to the question I cant connect to the internet using internet sharing.... any thoughts.????
If your on an XP machine, go to Programs/Internet Sharing.
Make sure the first box says "USB"
The 2nd should say Phone as modem
Click connect and it will say "Check USB connection"
Then plug it into your PC
and it should go to connected
If it still dont work;
On your PC Go to Start/Control Panel/Network Connections and disable all of them except the one that says "Windows Mobile Internet"

If your on Vista I have no idea if this will work cause I dont use Vista.

From then on all you gotta do is click Internet Sharing in your programs menu, click connect then plug it into your PC.

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 06-17-2009, 08:43 PM
CyanogenMod
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S IV
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

LilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to LilRico Send a message via MSN to LilRico

Okay, get them while they're hot... I'll be updating the fixes to the full installs now...

Last edited by LilRico; 06-18-2009 at 07:53 PM. Reason: updating URL's
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:44 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community

They look great Rico, you do some awesome work man!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:06 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility
Threadstarter

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

ROM Update Scheduled: June 20th, 2009

Details will follow in the coming days.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:17 AM
p2k
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: TELUS

p2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post

How do you update perfection?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:50 AM
mcom
Pocket PC: Panther 850e, RhodiumW500, BlackBerry8220
Carrier: Telus & Rogers

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post

nice. i hope you're keeping the base of this one though, this rom / sys is tight
Old 06-18-2009, 10:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

stlbadger is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2k View Post
Haha! Too good man, too good.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:56 AM
DroidX_ZombieStomped

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2k View Post
Agreed. Thats what I was wondering also.
But I cant wait to see him try!!
Old 06-18-2009, 11:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

stlbadger is just getting started

Honestly, as far as 6.1 goes, MightyRom 4 is where it's at.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development