PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2009, 01:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: sprint

ht2791 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

hey question
whenever i try to run google maps it starts me off at california and can't find my location. i'm assuming my gps is not working. What can i do to get it to work?

Also, is there an alternative to g alarm? whenever i run it all night, afterwards my start menu does not show and the keyboard will not show either.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:45 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

cesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to cesium Send a message via MSN to cesium
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ht2791 View Post
hey question
whenever i try to run google maps it starts me off at california and can't find my location. i'm assuming my gps is not working. What can i do to get it to work?
did you turn on gps in google maps?
Old 04-06-2009, 01:46 AM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this has nothing to do with the ROM, since MR doesn't include Sprint Navigation.
That said, I started using a slightly newer version of SN that works well and you are welcome to try.
I've also attached directions and a CAB that I used for a while for a much newer version... but be warned, it started crashing on me after a while.
I wouldn't of agreed until I used it for a while and got used to it but what good is Sprints NAV if you have google maps? Google maps does everything that Sprint NAV does plus a million other things. Google maps FTW!
Old 04-06-2009, 01:49 AM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsleft4her View Post
still no issues after converting ringtones to wav. been all day and have had no missed calls yet due to no ringer. we shall see how tomorrow goes but seems good to go.
tell us still no problems after a week. Since 4.8 mine worked around 3-5 days both times until I lost my ringer.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:45 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

cesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to cesium Send a message via MSN to cesium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb71 View Post
I wouldn't of agreed until I used it for a while and got used to it but what good is Sprints NAV if you have google maps? Google maps does everything that Sprint NAV does plus a million other things. Google maps FTW! =D>
turn by turn
Old 04-06-2009, 10:32 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb71 View Post
I wouldn't of agreed until I used it for a while and got used to it but what good is Sprints NAV if you have google maps? Google maps does everything that Sprint NAV does plus a million other things. Google maps FTW! =D>
Google Maps is quite good, but Sprint NAV has more options for viewing and has the voice interface. Nice if you want audilble instructions.
I use both depending on how familiar I am with the location.

Old 04-06-2009, 11:04 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this has nothing to do with the ROM, since MR doesn't include Sprint Navigation.
That said, I started using a slightly newer version of SN that works well and you are welcome to try.
I've also attached directions and a CAB that I used for a while for a much newer version... but be warned, it started crashing on me after a while.
Hi Trident. is the new sprint nav cab listed here better than the sprint nav 2.1.7? Just curious since I noticed you posted a cab for it and was going to install one or the other. Thanks man!
Old 04-06-2009, 11:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - Stock

pixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuff

Quote:
Google Maps is quite good, but Sprint NAV has more options for viewing and has the voice interface. Nice if you want audilble instructions.
I use both depending on how familiar I am with the location.
That goes back to my original question. The poster (sorry, can't find that post) said they had replaced Sprint Nav with Navtec (or Telnav, something like that) because that was what Sprint had rebranded and the resolution of the original was better than the Sprint rebranded version. So my question was: if you are using the original version instead of Sprint Nav, do fees still apply?
Old 04-06-2009, 11:37 AM
p2k
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: TELUS

p2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavosa View Post
I got my phone release day from Telus, (August,2008 ) and I've had absolutely no hardware issues. My ringer still works great and I've set my ringtones as MP3, from my windows directory and NOT "My Ringtones".

I kinda wonder if this is effecting everyone or just specifically Telus/Sprint/Alltel, etc
I got my phone release day from Telus aswell... August 18th I think... and I have the dissapearing ringtones.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: High Tech Computer - Touch Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

Phocas is keeping up the good workPhocas is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2k View Post
I got my phone release day from Telus aswell... August 18th I think... and I have the dissapearing ringtones.
I am on cellular south and I have the ringtone bug as well. When I go to sounds and notifications my ringer will be set to Alarm-Beep but it doesn't make a sound when the phone is supposed to ring.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development