PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2009, 02:29 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Re: [January 17th, 2009] M I G H T Y R O M 4 . 2 [SYS OS 21109 Build 21109] [UC]

Bump.
Any way to change the default browser from IE6 to Opera (or anything else; I really don't enjoy IE6)?

Old 01-18-2009, 02:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

timtlm is keeping up the good worktimtlm is keeping up the good worktimtlm is keeping up the good work
Re: [January 17th, 2009] M I G H T Y R O M 4 . 2 [SYS OS 21109 Build 21109] [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
Bump.
Any way to change the default browser from IE6 to Opera (or anything else; I really don't enjoy IE6)?
Look here at post #6 http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=opera+default
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-18-2009, 03:02 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro.pezzy View Post
oh i found out it only freezes if i click the history tab...so i guess it i jus wont push it n ill be fine...hey does this rom have better battery life or are there more tweaks i can do because mines doesnt last the longest

In another thread nTT said...-YouTube works smoother but you have to delete your YouTube temp folder from the Internal Storage. Using the previous temp files I had in there would crash it if I went into History. Also now I can play as many videos as I want and the app wont crash after like 5 minutes of using it.

Worth a try.

Forgot to mention, he was talking about his ROM, but might be the same for Mighty's

Last edited by TREmp77; 01-18-2009 at 03:11 PM.
Old 01-18-2009, 03:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond~>Samsung Moment~>HTC EVO!

vinscuzzy is becoming a great contributor

Has anyone else SOFT reset and had the phone act like it was a HARD reset?

This has happened twice while using 4.2. The first time, I had 4.2 running fine for about 4 hours. I accidently let the phone battery run completely down and the phone shut off. When I plugged it back in and it booted up, I had the welcome screen asking to align my screen. When I got through that, the customizations ran. So I immediated figured it was becuz I didnt do a hard reset after the first insatll of 4.2. So I hard reset, and everything appeared ok. This morning I was having some weird call issues. Calls werent hanging up unless I hit the end button like 3 times, and the phone was getting kinda sluggish, so I soft reset. When the phone booted up, AGAIN, I was on the welcome page asking me to align my screen, and it was acting like I hard reset the phone. This time I soft reset before letting customizations run. The phone booted fine, all my apps were still there, but all my passwords were gone, manilla was reset(to like the first time you run it) and I couldnt connect to the internet.

I havent installed anything different than I usually do, and Ive never had an issue like this b4. I flash probably 2 to 3 times a week, depending on who releases what. (Mighty, Juicy, Calcu). Im gonna try and update the rom from my PC rather do it from Internal Storage and see if that helps.

Last edited by vinscuzzy; 01-18-2009 at 03:16 PM.
Old 01-18-2009, 03:23 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinscuzzy View Post

This has happened twice while using 4.2. The first time, I had 4.2 running fine for about 4 hours. I accidently let the phone battery run completely down and the phone shut off. When I plugged it back in and it booted up, I had the welcome screen asking to align my screen. When I got through that, the customizations ran. So I immediated figured it was becuz I didnt do a hard reset after the first insatll of 4.2. So I hard reset, and everything appeared ok. This morning I was having some weird call issues. Calls werent hanging up unless I hit the end button like 3 times, and the phone was getting kinda sluggish, so I soft reset. When the phone booted up, AGAIN, I was on the welcome page asking me to align my screen, and it was acting like I hard reset the phone. This time I soft reset before letting customizations run. The phone booted fine, all my apps were still there, but all my passwords were gone, manilla was reset(to like the first time you run it) and I couldnt connect to the internet.

I havent installed anything different than I usually do, and Ive never had an issue like this b4. I flash probably 2 to 3 times a week, depending on who releases what. (Mighty, Juicy, Calcu). Im gonna try and update the rom from my PC rather do it from Internal Storage and see if that helps.
similiar things happen to me going for custom to custom, my advice is the first flash your shipped rom, then flash mighty 4.2. I had hard reset issues as well before when I flashed mighty 3.9 to 4.1 but going back to shipped rom first works.
Old 01-18-2009, 03:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint htc touch diamond

slash007 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinscuzzy View Post

That has happened to plenty of people, myself included. The solution is to flash the stock rom and then flash the custom rom that you want. It happens after you have flashed custom rom after custom rom. The flashing stock rom solution works great, so try it.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond

mprimeau is a n00b

love mighty's roms! one problem I've seen on 4.1 and 4.2 is the text message bug where if you don't already have messaging open and go to type a message the first letter gets deleted. I had seen this in a few roms in the past as well but the issue was always resolved in a newer release. a few pages back there was another guy who had the same problem. thanks for the great stable roms otherwise!
Old 01-18-2009, 05:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond Sprint

ancientrook is a n00b

I like 4.2 alot but the dialer needs some work(or maybe my phone just sucks). first, the conference call or three way call doesn't work even though i do have that option with sprint. it says its calling but i don't hear the default sound and basically hangs up on the original first call. as well with clicking conference button. second, i would like to see the scroll bar fix, maybe its a regestry option, and i would like to see the default windows caller work with additional system icons. like bluetooth and more.
also- the amount of programs listed in the programs directory,
the flash doesn't work well, even though id installed my flash 3.1 and plugings
maybe its just me...
Old 01-18-2009, 05:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO,TP2,Diamond

searcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by briggs View Post
working for me...
Which on are you using? Mr Hawaii's did not work for me.

EDIT***
Found your post about Juggalo's after I posted this.

Last edited by searcher61; 01-18-2009 at 05:33 PM.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond - MightyROM 4.x - Radio Sprint V1.11.00.F

infection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

3-way works for me... using the talk/talk method...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development