PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2009, 07:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Diamond

marco27 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by violent31601 View Post
and this comes up again

Hmmm just curious as i am a noob and didn't restock, went from 4.7 to 4.8 with no issues at all.

Can you elaborate why it not good.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:23 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco27 View Post
Hmmm just curious as i am a noob and didn't restock, went from 4.7 to 4.8 with no issues at all.

Can you elaborate why it not good.
It's personal preference. if you don't have any problems, then continue flashing as is. but if you notice certain odd occurrences, like random hard resets after soft reset, email tab not working in tf, etc., then it works to flash the shipped rom first, then flash Mighty's rom, hard reset one more time. Mike's roms are very stable so minor problems can usually be attributed to a bad flash.

Last edited by Riley; 03-27-2009 at 07:25 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:23 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

Is anyone else's people screen doing this? I think its a program im adding but not sure??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2009 03 27_18 21 37_0001_111g.jpg (36.9 KB, 100 views) Click for barcode!

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 03-27-2009, 07:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
It's personal preference. if you don't have any problems, then continue flashing as is. but if you notice certain odd occurrences, like random hard resets after soft reset, email tab not working in tf, etc., then it works to flash the shipped rom first, then flash Mighty's rom, hard reset one more time. Mike's roms are very stable so minor problems can usually be attributed to a bad flash.
ok I understand but why the hard reset after it loads the flash. I thought or it seemed rather that when you flash the phone hard resets itself. I mean after updating i had to realign the screen and then it installed and customised the TF, after that it I guess considered a soft reset and then your good to go. At this point should I hard rest AGAIN.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:48 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco27 View Post
ok I understand but why the hard reset after it loads the flash. I thought or it seemed rather that when you flash the phone hard resets itself. I mean after updating i had to realign the screen and then it installed and customised the TF, after that it I guess considered a soft reset and then your good to go. At this point should I hard rest AGAIN.
I know what you mean. it's a little overkill but seems to fix problems post flash. like I said, this method is not required especially if you are not having problems. I usually do it so I can properly test a rom without experiencing issues carried over from another rom if that makes sense.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
I know what you mean. it's a little overkill but seems to fix problems post flash. like I said, this method is not required especially if you are not having problems. I usually do it so I can properly test a rom without experiencing issues carried over from another rom if that makes sense.
Got it, for making sure purposes makes sense to start "really" fresh start. Of course if i had problems i'd be wanting to start that way too.
Thanks!
Old 03-27-2009, 08:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

Mavosa is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
it takes about a day before u'll start noticing good battery life.

that happens with every flash.

first day on battery life is horrendous!
Even on first day my battery life was great, I'm a constant user of data 24/7 too :P msn and irc usually.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

WhiteSoxxx is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirish View Post
If you tap the clock on the home screen it brings up a menu. Tap the more button. Make sure that the box for "sound alarm even......blah, blah, blah."
This should also make the alarm sound even when phone is sleeping. It does on my phone.
Yes, I have tried this option but it still occasionally fails to wake from the sleep state and start the alarm. Whether I have that option checked, not checked, volume on or vibrate, same outcome. Very puzzling but I will try the G-Alarm fix mentioned a few posts above and see if this solved the glitch.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

WhiteSoxxx is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean373 View Post
Has this happened to anyone? Currently Mightly 4.8. I used the "soft reset" program under programs and it did a hard reset. After the hard reset, the screen would just sit there with the message "tap here to launch.." going to "Launching ..." and back and forth, never able to load TF3D.

Went from Stock to Mighty 4.7 -> RSTG 2.7.35 -> Mighty 4.8
radio is sprint 1.11.00F

Should I have loaded stock rom before loading customized rom?
Quote:
Originally Posted by violent31601 View Post
you should have went back to stock before going to 4.8
I didn't revert back to stock before flashing to 4.8 from 4.7 and I definitely did not have the issue you are reporting. It wouldn't hurt to try and reflash because that is a very strange problem.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: diamond since juicy 2.5
Carrier: telus

czyzoman is a n00b
Talking Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

to let everyone know to get 4.8 running with no small problems had to hard reset with the volume down power etc. the clear storage hard reset wasnt cutting it, fixed utube an a few other things been using using juicy roms but took the plunge an have to say this rom is solid thanks mike

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development