View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 03:13 PM
vinscuzzy
PPCGeeks Regular

vinscuzzy is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [January 17th, 2009] M I G H T Y R O M 4 . 2 [SYS OS 21109 Build 21109] [UC]

Has anyone else SOFT reset and had the phone act like it was a HARD reset?

This has happened twice while using 4.2. The first time, I had 4.2 running fine for about 4 hours. I accidently let the phone battery run completely down and the phone shut off. When I plugged it back in and it booted up, I had the welcome screen asking to align my screen. When I got through that, the customizations ran. So I immediated figured it was becuz I didnt do a hard reset after the first insatll of 4.2. So I hard reset, and everything appeared ok. This morning I was having some weird call issues. Calls werent hanging up unless I hit the end button like 3 times, and the phone was getting kinda sluggish, so I soft reset. When the phone booted up, AGAIN, I was on the welcome page asking me to align my screen, and it was acting like I hard reset the phone. This time I soft reset before letting customizations run. The phone booted fine, all my apps were still there, but all my passwords were gone, manilla was reset(to like the first time you run it) and I couldnt connect to the internet.

I havent installed anything different than I usually do, and Ive never had an issue like this b4. I flash probably 2 to 3 times a week, depending on who releases what. (Mighty, Juicy, Calcu). Im gonna try and update the rom from my PC rather do it from Internal Storage and see if that helps.

Last edited by vinscuzzy; 01-18-2009 at 03:16 PM.