PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2009, 05:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

NewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [February 6th, 2009] M I G H T Y R O M 4.4.3 [SYS OS 20764 Build 20764] [UC]

If the mighty mouse logo doesn't give it away, the fact that the phone is "unlocked" will certainly tip them off...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoglog View Post
lol went to sprint store, they said they'd repair/replace for $55 (as far as I know Verzon does this for free within the first year)... yeah right.
Looks like i'll need to just send it into HTC. What's the chance you guys think they'll find out it was a custom rom?
Old 02-06-2009, 06:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch diamond
Carrier: sprint

zoglog is becoming a great contributor
Re: [February 6th, 2009] M I G H T Y R O M 4.4.3 [SYS OS 20764 Build 20764] [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkLaw View Post
If the mighty mouse logo doesn't give it away, the fact that the phone is "unlocked" will certainly tip them off...
well, I really think there's some kind of hardware malfunction that might just need a replacement.

so there's a chance they won't even get it turned on right?

I called up and.
it seems like you just mail it to PCD

Personal Communications Devices
555 Wireless Blvd.
Hauppauge, New York 11788

It seems like a strange warranty process, no # given until they get the unit.

oh well, at least i'm going to europe for a couple of weeks, my phone would have been useless anyway.

Last edited by zoglog; 02-06-2009 at 06:40 PM.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2 optimized

rcrawfo2 is becoming a great contributor

So can a experience user please post the bugs that they see in 4.4.3..Not what you would like to see. But what is actually not working or not working correctly?
Old 02-06-2009, 06:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: High Tech Computer - Touch Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

Phocas is keeping up the good workPhocas is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoglog View Post
well, I really think there's some kind of hardware malfunction that might just need a replacement.

so there's a chance they won't even get it turned on right?

I called up and.
it seems like you just mail it to PCD

Personal Communications Devices
555 Wireless Blvd.
Hauppauge, New York 11788

It seems like a strange warranty process, no # given until they get the unit.
99% of the time HTC and wireless carriers see software as being the main issue with smart phones. They like to blame any problem on software. They usually check to see if you modded the bootloader or installed a different ROM because it is a TOS violation and per contract they are not held responsible to fix it. Since you can't get it to power up hopefully it is bricked so they can't get it into the bootloader.

Can someone please answer my question posted above? Is opera really that buggy? Is the landscape keyboard issue widespread?
Old 02-06-2009, 06:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch diamond
Carrier: sprint

zoglog is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phocas View Post
99% of the time HTC and wireless carriers see software as being the main issue with smart phones. They like to blame any problem on software. They usually check to see if you modded the bootloader or installed a different ROM because it is a TOS violation and per contract they are not held responsible to fix it. Since you can't get it to power up hopefully it is bricked so they can't get it into the bootloader.

Can someone please answer my question posted above? Is opera really that buggy? Is the landscape keyboard issue widespread?
indeed, I think I have a good theory, after all if it was charging and the screen was on for 5 hours, I think that has a good chance of causing the phone to overheat.

I guess worst case scenario is that they discover that it's been modded and I get it sent back. I'm sure the sprint store won't be nearly as vigilant and i'll just pay the $50 to get it replaced... and if not.. well I guess I still have my old motorola Q lol... =(
Old 02-06-2009, 07:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

touch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

On juicy right now and am addicted to flashing like everyone else here. I downloaded mighty 4.4.3 last night and am very anxiously awaiting others feelings on this new rom.

So my questions are:

1. What are the sprint enhancements on this rom?

2. Has anyone been able to get sprint tv to work on this release?

3. Is everyone having problems or is there anyone out there loving it without any problems?

Ready and waiting to make the jump. Thank you everyone for your responses.

Thanks Mike for all of your hard work. You rock man!
Old 02-06-2009, 07:06 PM
I did it all for Ta-nuki
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, Nook Color, Xoom Wifi

watzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phocas View Post
I am re-downloading the ROM and will re-flash (last ditch effort).

I'll report back on the keyboard issue.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

Incubated is keeping up the good workIncubated is keeping up the good work

mike how do i change the sms back to progams on today screen
Old 02-06-2009, 07:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

sjrickli7 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by touch_rules View Post
On juicy right now and am addicted to flashing like everyone else here. I downloaded mighty 4.4.3 last night and am very anxiously awaiting others feelings on this new rom.

So my questions are:

1. What are the sprint enhancements on this rom?

2. Has anyone been able to get sprint tv to work on this release?

3. Is everyone having problems or is there anyone out there loving it without any problems?

Ready and waiting to make the jump. Thank you everyone for your responses.

Thanks Mike for all of your hard work. You rock man!
Everything is working fine on my end. Sprint TV, Nav, and not really have any problems.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:37 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

This is absolutely the most awesome ROM ever!
No major issues. Everything works- no crashes!
The only glitch so far has been that data had to be setup @first. I haven't had to that since WM5.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development