PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2008, 08:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond (Telus)
Carrier: Telus

CNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [09/16/08] JUICY ROM v1.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer007 View Post
Bascially what I do too. Except how do you backup the registry keys?
I don't. I just re-install the apps, which sets up the reg keys again. Although you should be able to export whatever keys you want, and re-run them. Resco can export a key with all it's values. Don't know about other apps.

Clint
Old 09-17-2008, 08:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

CNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devileyezz View Post
In fact after you flash a new ROM, Garmin basically asks you if you want to install. Cute lil Garmin.
It did that for me twice out of 3 updates. The middle one, I had to re-install. Don't know what I did different, but I suspect there was a leftover file in my Internal Storage. Can't help much with which file/folder does it.

Clint
Old 09-17-2008, 09:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond & Treo 700wx / HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: TELUS / Verizon Wireless

Devileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to Devileyezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNeufeld View Post
It did that for me twice out of 3 updates. The middle one, I had to re-install. Don't know what I did different, but I suspect there was a leftover file in my Internal Storage. Can't help much with which file/folder does it.

Clint
A hard reset before and after flashing is something I do religiously. Garmin picked this up everytime!
Old 09-17-2008, 09:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

Wond3r is becoming a great contributor

Well I used spb backup and then restored after I went to 1.1 and it put all my apps back on, everything back to normal, perfect.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

gamer007 is keeping up the good workgamer007 is keeping up the good workgamer007 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
I don't. I just re-install the apps, which sets up the reg keys again. Although you should be able to export whatever keys you want, and re-run them. Resco can export a key with all it's values. Don't know about other apps.

Clint
Oh, ok. I read your other post thinking you backed up your registry keys along with your apps.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer007 View Post
Oh, ok. I read your other post thinking you backed up your registry keys along with your apps.
I guess my thinking is that I don't want to overwrite Juicy's registry changes with my own. That would kind of defeat the purpose of flashing with a new ROM, depending on what the author has done.

Clint
Old 09-17-2008, 09:29 PM
Lurker

herrdude is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by nub4life View Post
Am I blind or is Opera missing from 1.1?

Edit: I guess half and half. I can't see it in the Programs listing but it launched when I clicked on a link in my text message.
Excellent question!

Where did it go?
Old 09-17-2008, 09:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 / Blackberry 9700
Carrier: TELUS Mobility
Threadstarter

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by herrdude View Post
Excellent question!

Where did it go?
You can launch it from Touchflo3D, I just deleted the shortcut in programs because it was redundant.

Sorry about that.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 / Blackberry 9700
Carrier: TELUS Mobility
Threadstarter

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
I guess my thinking is that I don't want to overwrite Juicy's registry changes with my own. That would kind of defeat the purpose of flashing with a new ROM, depending on what the author has done.

Clint
Share the tweaks you've done... I may include in future versions/
Old 09-17-2008, 09:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy47 View Post
Share the tweaks you've done... I may include in future versions/
I actually don't have any changes I have to go into the registry for. I set up my ringer preferences, I install Resco Explorer and Reg Editor, uBook (a shareware ebook reader) and TF3D Config, change my tab order to my preferences, and I'm good to go. You guys have pretty much everything else covered now.

Now if I could only get the GPS Photo working! Oh, I do turn on Voice Command, but that's my personal preference. I can handle doing that on my own.

Clint

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development