PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2008, 03:36 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [09/16/08] JUICY ROM v1.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubated View Post
i was on xda-developers and i couldn'tfind a post like that. i was following their bible page, but i guess it was not compatible for the cdma version.

so if i do these steps i should be fine:

syn the pc with diamond, with at least 50% battery.
run the unlocker, and wait till that flashes, following all thesteps accordingly.
then soft reset, the button behind, where the battery is.
then do i need to flash the latest juicy rom 2.3 telus, or do i need to do 1.1 first and then 2.3
and once the rom flashing is complete, do i need to relock it, or just leaeve it?

last time i tried it, i put hardspl 057 from here, then started flashing the juicy 2_2 telus rom, it got to 40% and then just screwed me up.
you dont hafta flash 1.1 first, in fact this is an old thread...

once you've ran the unlocker you need to double check and make sure its unlocked (will say cmonex)
Old 10-04-2008, 06:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

Incubated is keeping up the good workIncubated is keeping up the good work

ok so i just unlock
flash 2.2 telus rom
and then relock again?

whre will it say cmonex? on the bootloader screen? how do i check if unlock worked?
will this make telus rack up any extra charges on my bill? like any extra data sources in the rom?
Old 10-04-2008, 10:30 PM
the magic mod

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubated View Post
ok so i just unlock
flash 2.2 telus rom
and then relock again?

whre will it say cmonex? on the bootloader screen? how do i check if unlock worked?
will this make telus rack up any extra charges on my bill? like any extra data sources in the rom?
There is no need to relock, to flash custom ROMs you will need an unlocked bootloader. The only reason to ever relock your device is to return it to factory OEM state. This generally would be for when you are returning the device or taking it in for exchange/repair. In regards to the custom ROM it would be your flavor of choice. Now in regards to your other questions, here is a thread that contains a lot of your answers, like for example see #13 for screenshot and instructions on checking to make sure you have unlocked bootloader. As far as the data question, I highly doubt there would any extra charges for data, just make sure you have a unlimited data plan
Old 10-05-2008, 11:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker

k thanks for the tips. i was thinking of going with juicy rom because i liked what it offered: increased speed, stability, and battery life. i dont care much for suped up roms that have all sorts of junk i don't need.

but i am very cautious about flashing any other rom, considering i don't know if they are for my diamond, the cdma one (curved around the corners) or the other brick ones, with cool diamond texture on the back.

is there a thread with the cdma flashes?
Old 10-05-2008, 11:55 AM
the magic mod

this site is mostly CDMA (btw welcome to ppcgeeks )
Old 10-05-2008, 12:16 PM
the magic mod

Note that Juicy Roms are for CDMA Diamonds...

check out this thread...

From the first post in this thread...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy47 View Post
PLEASE ENSURE YOUR PHONE IS UNLOCKED * THIS ROM IS INTENDED FOR TELUS CDMA DIAMOND ONLY * DON'T FORGET TO RESET _AFTER_ CUSTOMIZATION RUNS
Old 10-05-2008, 12:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker

thanks. but i don't know where i went wrong. i flashed the hspl 057 that i downloaded from here. that was successful, or so it said, and then i proceeded to flash teh latest juicy 2.3. it went to 36% and quit. i tried recovery but nothing. it kept going to boot loader, and wouldn't isntall past 36%. now my phone is not functional. any idea where and what might have gone wrong?

should i have done it this way:

flash unlocker, check that it is in fact unlocked
flash hspl 057
flash juicy rom

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development